Kikaider Fan Fiction ❯ Electric City ❯ Vol. One, Chap. One: Tech Gift ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tech Gift
July 18, 2018. A boy was in complete joy.
“Aw yeah!!!!!!” he yelled. His name was Luke Davert Monet and today was he getting an android for his own.
“Whoo-who!!!!!” he yelled. “This is the greatest day of my life!” Luke was finally able to persuade his mom to let him have an android. And with luck, the tech convection was open today. The tech convection was a tech nerd's heaven. Androids, persocoms, antique computers, and gadgets were all over the place. Oh! A tech nerd could stay there forever.
Luke made it to the door briskly. “Now to see how much money I have!” he thought. Then Luke merrily reached into his pockets to find….. “No money!!!!!!” he thought in distress. Luke hung his head in defeat. “Now what?” he asked.
Around the back, a large white truck pulled up to the building. The president and two of his spokespeople were waiting at the door for them. “Great!” he yelled. “You're here on time!” The driver opened the door and stepped out. But a twist of fate would take place.
“You ordered ten thousand computer supplies?” the driver asked. “Yes, that's me.” the president said with pride.
“Just sign here.” the driver said as he handed the president the paperwork. He signed it with intangible joy and handed it to the driver. The other man nodded with satisfaction. He opened the truck with his remote control. Two of the convection spokespeople that were with him ran to the truck and started unloading the supplies. Tech-addicts were watching from the window. Luke was staring really close. The parade of new equipment was always exciting to watch. It was always something new. The fans wondered what was new this year.
Then, disaster struck. “San!” one of the spokespeople yelled.
“Yes?” the president asked.
“We have a problem!” the worker yelled.
“What do you mean?” the president yelled.
“Some of the generators broke!” he wailed. The president ran to his workers.
“That's not possible!” he yelled. “These are brand new!!!!” So the president tested them himself. It was true! The generators weren't functioning. The president fell into a panic attack. He and the two workers became checking and trying to see which generators were failing. The tech nerds grew worried. Would the tech convection back closed this year because of some evil malfunction?
Suddenly, something in Luke was saying go help them. So he causally walked over to them and said: “Can I help you guys?” The three men looked up.
“You?” one of the workers snorted. “That's a laugh. Do you know much these babies cost?” the other one snapped. Luke stood there looking dumb. All he could do was shake his head meekly.
“Well they cost---” the worker began.
“That's enough!” the president snapped. The spokesperson complied. The president turned to Luke “We could use your help.” he said. The boy got happy. So he rushed over to them and the four got to work.
The fans watched on with tight anticipation. Could this boy truly save the convection from its doom?
At last, the president tested the generators. Success met them! The president, workers, and tech nerds cheered. Luke just stepped back and sighed. He, for once in his sixteen years of life, was a hero. Then the president rushed over to him and hugged him wildly.
“Whooooa!” Luke cried out.
“You just saved everyone here!” the president exclaimed. “And as a way of our thanks, you can have an android of your choice for free!” Luke couldn't believe what he was hearing.
“A free android?” he asked.
“That's right.” the president replied. Luke wanted to jump with joy. Then the duo walked into the building.
Androids were everywhere! Some were old. Some were new. There were so many, that Luke didn't know where to start looking.
“God damnit!” a sharp voice snapped. “If this keeps up, I'll perfectly be qualified for the scrap pile!!!” Luke and the president turned to see a lady with a female android. The android chick had long auburn hair to her shoulders and was muscular but looked feminine.
“And what could I do for you today?” a dealer at a booth asked the owner.
“I want this mechanical foul-mouthed bitch to be taken to the scrap pile!” the owner barked.
“Takes one to know one!” the android shot back. Luke had heard the whole thing.
“I'll take her!” he yelled quickly as he pointed to the android girl. Both ladies looked up. They were in shock. The owner became pissed.
“Hey!” she yelled. “My android is not for sale!”
“Oh, now she claims me!” the android chick hissed.
“San,” Luke said eyeing the president. The president was quiet at first.
Then he said: “All right, go ahead.” Luke grinned with victory. The owner (or rather former owner) just scowled. The android looked bitter. By the end of the day, Luke and his new android headed out the door.
Data: Finished