Kikaider Fan Fiction ❯ Electric City ❯ Vol. One, Chap. Five: Flowers ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Flowers
*Eight Years Ago*
The day was clear and dead. The graveyard was a barren grassland. The Manet clan was all crowded around fresh open grave. Luke was eight at the time. He couldn't fully understand what was going on yet. Everyone looked so sad. They all had on black. He asked what was going on so many times but got no answer. They didn't focus on him at all.
“Where's grandma?” he would ask. So far, he didn't get an answer.
“She's in Heaven, Luke,” his mother finally said. The little boy still didn't understand.
“Where is that mommy?” asked he. The mother sank down in front of him. She had many tears in her eyes.
“It's a place far away.” the mother answered. Luke didn't ask anymore.
A large polished casket was slowly coming forward to the open grave. Silence was all around. The priest called for prayer one last time. The clan all watched as the casket was being lowered into the grave. Luke still didn't understand it. Only years later, death was as clear as a bell to him.
*Present*
Luke lied down by his grandmother's grave. He looked as if he would cry again. The pain grew worse over the years. He tried his best not share his pain. But in time, it only got worse. He didn't have anyone to talk to about it. That was until today.
Luke was about to cry again when a shadow was cast over him. The boy slowly looked up. San was standing over him. She seemed to be… crying. Luke looked up at her confused.
“San?” he asked. “What are you doing here?” San didn't answer at first. She just stepped closer.
“Why is Luke sad?” she asked. The boy was sad and confused.
“What do you mean?” he asked. The cyborg knelt next to him. She looked at the grave.
“What is that?” she asked. Luke tried not to cry again.
“My grandmother's grave.” he replied sadly. San took a long look at it.
“Why is Luke sad?” she asked again. The boy looked at her with tears in his eyes.
“She's dead!” he exclaimed. San looked him with tears in her eyes. The boy looked at her in sorrow and shock. He wasn't sure if she understood or now. Luke sat up slowly.
“My grandmother is dead.” he said. San kept her sad face. She looked like she would cry again. Luke pushed again.
“My grandmother is dead!” he said again. “She's never coming back!” San began to cry at last. Luke was really lost now. “I don't understand it!” he thought. “Why is she crying for?” Then, it got stranger.
San sat up and began picking flowers. Luke watched her in silence. The cyborg kept on picking. She soon had a huge bouquet in her tiny arms. Soon, she began dumping the flowers on the grave. Luke was really shocked. “She's… putting flowers on… my grandmother's grave!” he thought. “But why?” San still kept piling up the flowers. Luke kept looking in shock. “Can she really understand sadness?” he thought. San kept piling on the flowers.
When she was done, the cyborg stood up straight. Tears were in her sweet little eyes.
“There!” she announced aloud. “All for you, Luke's grandma!” Luke sat there moved. He just leaned forward and hugged her to his chest. The boy just softly cried on her tiny shoulders.
 
 
 
Meanwhile, the robot beetles were watching them.
“Sir!” they said. “She is starting to develop!”
“Excellent!” their boss said. Then, the beetles all disappeared.
On the other side, Tracy saw the whole thing. “Time to move again!” she thought. Then she headed back to her car. It was time to go now.
Data Finished