Kikaider Fan Fiction ❯ Electric City ❯ Vol. One, Chap. Six: So Far from Home ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

So Far from Home
They were on the move again. Tracy packed up everything needed over night. Once she was packed, Tracy got everyone up.
“Get up!” she ordered in a rush. “We have to leave now!” San was pleasant about the order. But the boys had questions.
“Why? What's wrong?” Luke asked. Tracy kept pushing him out the door.
“They're here!” she said in a hissing rush.
“Who's here?” Jiro asked.
“Never mind that!” the female android snapped. “Just keep moving!” She shoved the boys to the outside. Tracy got Luke into her car.
“Jiro!” she ordered. “Take San with you!” The other android was about to ask why, but Tracy held up her hand.
“Just do it!” she barked. Jiro nodded.
“Right!” he replied. Then he grabbed San, stashed her in his sidecar, and rode off. Here began their hectic quest for the truth.
The days flew by. The crew was lodging in a shrine at the moment. They were all sleeping on the floor. Luke couldn't sleep at all. Too much was on his mind. It had been three days since they last left home. He had never been so far away for so long. This was not natural to him. Luke felt like a refugee. He was the only human in this group.
Still, he had many questions still unanswered. Why were they on the run? Who were they on the run from? Who was Gil? Who was DARK? Why and how could San understand sadness?
Every time Luke would ask these questions, he would get no reply at all. That was another thing. What was Tracy finding from them? Why was she acting so dodgy? What made her want to leave all of a sudden?
It wasn't just the questions keeping him at night. It was the thought of being away from home as well. He would really be missing school now. And judging by his grades, he couldn't afford that at all. Things were quieter before he met Tracy, San, and Jiro. In fact, he would be back in his own bed if he hadn't helped the president of the tech convention. What the hell happened here?
Right then, Luke felt something brushing up against his leg. He was interrupted from his thoughts and jerked his head downwards. San was curled up by him sleeping. The boy couldn't help but to smile at the young cyborg. “She's so cute!” he thought happily. San was the only thing good in his life now. She was the first one outside of the family to know about his grandmother. He felt much better ever since.
Luke lightly reached down and lightly petted the cyborg on her head. “Sweet angel!” he thought happily. But yet, there was some sadness for her. Every time Luke saw San's face, he began to remember his mother. His heart sank again tonight. It had been two years since he last saw her. He came to Japan through the transfer program in America. Luke worked really hard to get to Japan. He and his family were shocked that he had made the top list. There was much celebrating to go around. On the day he left, his mother hugged him tightly and kissed him on the cheek before he boarded the plane to Tokyo alone.
Remembering all of that gave him new hope to carry on again. A smile came across the boy's face. “If Tracy is doing all of this to protect San,” he thought in peace. “Then, I'll do whatever it takes to keep her safe!” And with that, Luke fell right asleep on the Shinto shrine floor
Data: Finished