Kikaider Fan Fiction ❯ Electric City ❯ Vol. Two, Chap. Nine: Human Doll ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Human Doll
Despite being on the run, Luke still had school. He was going to get his education no matter what. Lucky for him, the school was nearby. He was determined to pass this semester with straight A's. Tracy saw this as a bad idea.
“You'll blow our cover!” she hissed at him. Luke turned to her causally.
“I know,” he said. “But that is one risk I'm willing to take.”
“Why?” the android asked.
“Because,” Luke answered. “I'm not missing a day of school!” Tracy kept staring at him like he was crazy. The boy pushed on more.
“I have never missed a day of school in my life!” he declared.
“So?” Tracy asked.
“I'm not starting now!” Luke declared. Then, he headed to the door. Tracy toughed up some.
“I'm sending Jiro with you!” she called. Luke paused and turned to her.
“What?” he asked. Tracy nodded.
“I'm sending Jiro with you,” she repeated. There was a pause. Luke shook his head afterwards.
“No,” he said. “I'm going to be fine!”
“I'm sending Jiro with you!” Tracy insisted. Luke held up his hand to stop her.
“No, no,” he said. “I will be gone for three hours. I will be fine.” Then, Luke turned and went out the door. Tracy smirked to herself.
“I'm sending Jiro with you anyway!” she mumbled to herself. So, Luke and Jiro went off to school. That left Tracy and Ichiro with San. Oh what fun that was! Ichiro turned to Tracy.
“So we're stuck with her?” he asked the android bored.
“Yeah!” Tracy replied. Ichiro rolled his eyes.
“Why?” he asked. Tracy went silent at first. She didn't know if she could talk yet. But, she had no choice by this point. The boys knew too much by now. No point of holding out now. Tracy sighed aloud.
“Fine!” she said aloud. “If you must know…” The female android looked around quickly. Then, she leaned in close. Ichiro did likewise.
“I stole her from Gil,” she admitted. Ichiro stared at her for a moment. He began laughing at her. Tracy watched him closely. The android looked right at her.
“Really now?” he asked not believing her. “Now, where did you really get her?” Tracy looked at him seriously. Ichiro knew right then she wasn't kidding. He went quiet at that one. Tracy pushed herself onwards.
“I stole her from Gil and hid her in the woods,” she explained. “Now, she and I are on the run.” Ichiro kept his eyes on her.
“Why?” he asked again. Tracy broke down and explained everything. The male android listened quietly. Finally, Tracy went quiet. She paused to catch her breath. Ichiro looked at her like she was strange.
“Why are you breathing so hard?” he asked her. Tracy looked straight into his eyes.
“I have human organs with a Gemini,” she explained. “My organs slow me down.”
“Oh…” Ichiro said flatly. They both were silent for a moment. Then, Tracy felt something tugging on her short white shorts. Both androids looked down. San was looking up at them.
“Where's Luke?” she asked. Tracy gave her a fake little smile.
“He's at school now,” she explained. The cyborg looked at her confused.
“School?” she asked. “What is school?” They all paused for a moment. Tracy looked over at Ichiro for help. He just shrugged at her blankly. “You're problem, not mine!” he seemed to say. Tracy glared at him coldly.
“I hate you!” she mouthed at him. The other android didn't seem to care. Tracy turned back to San. The cyborg was waiting for an answer. The android breathed in and knelt down to her.
“School is where people like Luke go to get smarter,” she explained. Ichiro snorted at that answer. Tracy glared at him coldly. She just ignored on that. San watched her.
“Can San see Luke?” she asked. Tracy froze for a moment. She turned to Ichiro again. He shrugged in silence. She was glaring at him coldly. The android turned back to San. The cyborg was still watching her. Tracy laughed a bit at her.
“Could you excuse us for a moment?” she asked the cyborg girl. San just stared on blankly as Tracy pulled Ichiro aside. The android looked at her confused for a moment. Tracy glared at him coldly.
“What?” he questioned. The android glared at him coldly still.
“You're not helping me at all!” she snapped. Ichiro shrugged at her again.
“So?” he asked. “What do you want me to do?” Tracy sighed aloud annoyed.
“I don't know!” she barked. “Entertain her or something!” Ichiro held up his hand at that one.
“Whoa now!” he said. “I don't `entertain' kids!” Tracy became angrier. She wanted to kill him now. But, that wouldn't help her either. Tracy sighed aloud again.
“Humor me by helping me with the kid!” she hissed. Ichiro just shrugged again. He rolled his eyes as well.
“Fine!” he said. “I'll humor the kid!” Tracy's face became somber.
“Thank you!” she hissed. They turned back to San. She looked back at them smiling.
“Can San, Tracy, and Ichiro go see Luke now?” the cyborg asked. Tracy smiled at her in a fake and bright way. She wanted to say no at first. But then the android remembered that this was San that they were dealing with. So, Tracy had to change her answer. She sighed aloud.
“Fine!” Tracy said. “We can go see Luke!” San's eyes lit up brightly. She was really happy now. But then, Tracy held up her hand just in time.
“But,” she said. “We're going shopping first!” San looked at her confused.
“Shopping?” she asked. “What is shopping?” Tracy smiled at her kindly.
“Just come with us,” she said. “We'll get you some better clothes.” The android turned to Ichiro.
“Isn't that right, Ichiro?” Tracy asked. The other android groaned out loud and rolled his eyes.
“Yeah, yeah,” he grumbled. “Whatever.” Tracy glared at him again. That would have to do for now. She turned back to San smiling.
“Right!” the android said. “Let's go!” San perked up again.
“Yay!!!” she cried out. Tracy and Ichiro tried to keep from gagging. This was going to be a tough job for them both.
The key was to a low profile at all costs. Gill's spies could be anywhere. Tracy and Ichiro knew how to keep low. San on the other hand, was the problem. She was still learning how to act normal. The cyborg didn't know that they were on the run at all. Everything was pink roses to her. That's a hassle when you have two cranky androids on the lamb from a powerful enemy. San looked at her guardians.
“Where are San, Tracy, and Ichiro going?” she asked. Ichiro turned to her. He was smirking at her.
“Yeah,” the android said. “Where are we going?”
“Hang on, can't ya?” Tracy barked. “I'm looking, I'm looking!” She looked around at all of the different shops to find the right one for little girls. So far, nothing was screaming at her. This was not good. San needed some better clothes. She couldn't go around wearing Luke's clothes forever. But where to find some decent girls' clothes? Most of the stores looked so pricey. Spending too much blew their profile too easily. They had to go cheap. So far, even that was going to be hard.
At long last, Tracy's luck turned around. She spotted a thrift shop up ahead. The android scanned it for a while. A smile came to her face. The store was called Little Kiko's. It was low key and in the budget range. Perfection at last.
“Got it!” Tracy called. “We're going to Little Kiko's!” Ichiro and San looked her confused. Tracy sighed aloud.
“Come on!” she called. “Trust me on this one!” The other two still looked lost and uneasy.
They made it into the store in a couple of minutes. San looked around amazed. She never seen so many clothes before in her life. Luke had many clothes, but not as much as this store! It was phenomenal. Tracy cleared her throat loudly. San and Ichiro both looked up. Tracy clapped her hands together firmly.
“Right!” she said aloud. “Let's get you dressed, San.” The cyborg smiled at her brightly.
“Okay!” she called. Tracy got right to work. Ichiro just stood back and watched. This was just boring to him from the moment they first set foot into Little Kiko's. He didn't even want to deal with San or anybody at all today. Tracy just forced him into it. Now, he was stuck with the both of them.
Shopping turned out to be pretty easy. San looked good in almost everything in the store. Tracy decided to pick out seven outfits for this week and come back for more the next. San stepped in front of Tracy and Ichiro in her new dress.
“How does San look?” she asked aloud. The cyborg had on a cute little brown and olive green play dress. Her shoes matched and the stockings were as white as snow. The only thing missing was some cute little hairclips in her hair. Tracy smiled at her warmly.
“So adorable, kid!” she called. Then, Tracy turned to Ichiro.
“Isn't she?” she hissed at him. The other android rolled his eyes.
“Fine!” he hissed. “She's looks so cute!” Tracy smiled at him kindly.
“Thank you!” she whispered to him. San smiled at them brightly.
“Yay!” she called. “San looks pretty!” Then, an idea came into her head. She smiled at them warmly.
“Can San wear this when San goes to visit Luke?” the cyborg asked all child-like. She was so precious. How could anyone say no to her? Tracy smiled at the cyborg kindly.
“Of course!” she called. San looked at her overjoyed.
“Yay!!!” she called again. “San's going to see Luke! San's going to see Luke!” Tracy and Ichiro just watched her. The cyborg was so cute… in an annoying way. No one could resist her.
Tracy took the clothes and shoes to the front desk. She paid in full cash. San got dressed in hew new dress in the fitting room. Tracy and Ichiro waited for her patiently. San came out happy-looking. Tracy stepped forward to the cyborg.
“Ready to go?” she asked.
“Yeah!” San cried out. Her guardian kept her smile.
“Okay then,” Tracy replied. “Let's go see Luke!” San perked up quickly.
“Yay!!!” she called out. Ichiro rolled his eyes again. Tracy nudged him quickly.
“Be nice!” she hissed at him under her breath. Ichiro groaned aloud bored.
“Fine!” he mumbled under his breath. “Whatever!” Tracy smiled at him kindly.
“Thanks for faking it!” she whispered to him quickly. The other android looked at her confused at that one.
“Huh?” he asked her. Tracy didn't bother to repeat herself. Instead, she turned back to San.
“Ready to go?” the android asked the cyborg. San perked up again.
“Yeah!” she called aloud. Tracy smiled at her graciously and lightly her on the head.
“Okay then,” she said in a low voice. “Let's go.” Then, the three machines quietly left the store and headed off to school.
Data: Finished