Kikaider Fan Fiction ❯ Electric City ❯ Vol. Two, Chap. Eight: Hack Code ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hack Code
Tracy and Jiro got on either side of the door. They looked at each other in caution. Tracy prepared herself for attack.
“Okay, we know you're out there!” she shouted. “Come in and get piece of this!” Tracy nodded at Jiro to unlock the door. He did so reluctantly. Tracy slowly pushed the door open with her foot. Both androids peeked outside. A man was standing on the other side looking right at them. He had short brown hair and dark brown eyes. He was dressed in blue trousers and a red jacket. A silver horn was strapped to his back. Tracy kept her gun pointed right on him. However, Jiro recognized the man right away.
“Ichiro?” he asked in surprise. Tracy looked at the boys back and forth a few times. This was a real twist here.
“Huh?” she asked. “You two know each other?” The boys looked at her in a quick rush.
“He's my older brother!” Jiro replied. Tracy looked on shocked. It all came together in her mind in a snap. Ichiro was an android just like they were. Plus, the model was almost the same. But yet…
“You sure?” Tracy asked in suspicion.
“Yes!!!” both Kikaiders said. Tracy backed up some and slowly lowered her gun.
“Okay, okay,” she said. “I'll pull back. I believe you.” Everything cooled from there. Well, sort of…
“What's going on here?” a voice asked all three androids. They all looked up to see Luke and San standing in the hallway. Tracy stepped forward.
“Look who finally shows up!” the woman called out. Luke looked over at Ichiro.
“Tracy,” the boy said. “Who is this?” Ichiro stared hard at Luke.
“Who the hell is this, bro?” he asked. Tracy held up her hands quickly.
“That's enough now!” she interrupted. “I'll explain everything in the room! Now get in!” They all did so in silence. Tracy looked around outside make sure everything was clear. When the check was finished, she closed and locked the door behind her.
Everyone was sitting on the floor in confused silence. Tracy looked around at them all. She paused for a moment to collect her head again.
“Right!” she said at last. “Everyone wants to know what the hell in going on here.” Four pairs of eyes watched her waiting for a response. Tracy looked around for a bit. Well, here goes.
“Shrimp,” she said to Luke. “Jiro and Ichiro are brothers. Ichiro is older.” Luke nodded once. Tracy turned to the Kikaider boys.
“Boys,” she said. “This is Luke. He is a stupid human boy who rescued me from the scrap pile days ago.” Jiro kept quiet.
“Uh-huh!” Ichiro said flatly. *Sweat drop on Luke's head* “She didn't have to tell them that I was stupid!” he thought. Tracy pointed to herself.
“I am Tracy,” she went on. “I too am an android, but I was made a little bit different. I'll tell you all about that later.” Then, she turned her attention to San.
“This is San,” Tracy summed up. “She is a cyborg. I stole her away from DARK and Luke helped me recover her.” The Kikaiders looked on at the cyborg girl.
“San?” she asked slightly confused. Tracy clapped her hands together tightly.
“Right!” she called. “Any questions?” Luke raised his hand. Tracy rolled her eyes annoyed. She thought that this was going to be a stupid question. But, she decided to humor him anyway.
“Yes?” she asked him. Luke lowered his hand.
“Why is San out in daze now?” he asked. Tracy looked at him confused at that one. That was an oddball thrown at her.
“What the hell are you talking about?” she asked. But when the lady android turned to look, Tracy saw the problem right away. San was staring blankly into space. That wasn't the only problem, however. San was glowing as well. Her body was giving off a glowing tent yellow. Tracy looked at her closely. Her eyes widened in shock. Then, the cyborg girl began mumbling something out loud.
“8-0-7-V-2-*-92-23-8-8-10.” San said. The boys look on shocked. Tracy looked really worried. This was not good.
“What's going on with?” Luke asked. Tracy walked closer to the cyborg. She looked deeply into the girl's eyes. The answer was a total shocker. Thousands of codes were rushing fast in her eyes. It was now a system overload. San was close to crashing at any second now. There had to be something done right away.
Tracy reached forward to San's chest and disabled her heart. The cyborg collapsed onto the floor. Jiro caught her just in time.
“San!!!” Luke yelped out. He turned back to Tracy.
“What the hell did you do to her?” he snapped. The android held up her hand.
“Easy now,” she said. “I just temporarily disabled her.” The boy looked at her confused.
“What?!?” he asked in shock. “But… why?!?” Tracy just shook her head at him.
“A hack code,” she replied. The boys all looked up at that one. Shock was on their faces.
“A hack code?” Jiro repeated.
“Yes!” Tracy answered. “San has hack codes programmed in her memory. Actually, they are just pieces. They were originally disabled for good when I had her repaired. But for some reason, she is picking up different signals that are activating the codes.”
“What are the codes for?” Ichiro asked.
“Who's activating them?” Luke asked. Tracy looked around nervously. They were learning too much now. She had to pull out quickly.
“Uh…” the android said. “I'll patch her right up now!” Then, Tracy picked up San and carried her over to the bed. The boys watched her in suspicion. What were the hack codes for? And who was activating them?
At DARK, the computers tracking San's hack code went black. Gill tried to restart the machines to no avail. He sat back frustrated.
“Damn it!” the doctor said aloud. “I was so close to getting Isis back! Tracy must have figured out about the activation towers!” Gill sat back thinking again. He had come so close. He had lost the young cyborg once already. He could not afford to do that again. Isis was too important for his mission to be let free. The hack codes were his only chance.
Then, the computer flipped back on. Gill looked up quickly. The screen lit up in a light blue color. New data appeared on the screen. Gill read it to himself in silence. A smirk came across his face.
“Very good,” he said. “I can see her again.” The evil doctor watched on for more hack codes to connect to again.
The trouble with hack codes is that they don't really go away. They just go to sleep for a while and then come back. Tracy remembered that too late. That came back into her mind later that night. The little reminder came when Tracy was woken up with a low hum. “Hm?” she thought. “What the hell is that?” Tracy slowly raised her head and looked around. The humming was coming from the bed. Tracy suddenly had a bad feeling. She looked around her to see if the boys were still asleep. Lucky for her, they were. The female android crawled over to the bed and peeked over. It was happening again. San was accessing another hack code. This one was a more advanced one. Tracy could tell by the heat San was giving off. If Tracy didn't act fast, the girl's internal organs would cook like meat on a grill. The android had just the thing. She put her fingers to one of the tiny veins in the artificial heart and snapped it right in two. The light and the heat quickly died away. San was stone dead. Tracy panted a bit. Her human lungs were always lousy at keeping up with her. She hated having human organs. They were too slow in her mechanical body. Tracy wished she didn't have them at all. But that wasn't the point. She had work to do now.
Tracy reached onto San's mental drive in her head and hit the delete button. The code erased away like magic. Tracy went an extra mile this time and deleted more codes. When they were cleaned, a thought came into her head. Whatever is trying to log into San's mind with the hack codes had to be here. It was time for a little quest.
Tracy looked over her shoulder for one more check. The boys were still sleeping. She turned forward. The plan was a simple one. Go out, find the source, shut it off, get out, revive San, and go back to bed. It was much, but it was a long shot. Time was the trick to it. But, she had been through worse.
Tracy quietly crept out the room. She looked around through the dark hall. So far, no one in sight. But, the android couldn't be too careful. Gill could have spies here. She had to be quick as well. The last thing that Tracy needed was to face the boys about temporarily killing San if she took too long. No, no, she had to make this quick.
Tracy turned on a map of the motel in her head. She scanned the whole map for the electricity source. She found it less than thirty seconds.
“Right where I thought it was!” she whispered to herself. “In the basement under the trap door near the back.” Tracy cut off the map and got going. The trip was much shorter than she thought it made itself to be. Good for her, however. Saves her plenty time to complete the mission. Tracy found the trap door and unlocked it quickly. The android went in quickly and quietly. Once down there, she turned on her map and night vision eyes. The power source was right up ahead. Tracy smirked to herself in victory.
“Yes!” she said to herself. She made a B-line for the power source. It was a switchboard of circuits that controlled all of the motel's power. Everything was normal at first. But then, Tracy felt the excess heat from a few inches. That was a dead giveaway. “Jackpot!” Tracy thought. She quickly ran to the switchboard and took a good look. The answer was right in front of her. Little energy beetles were sucking the power out of the switchboard. Tracy knew the model right away. “Damn you, Gill!” she thought. The evil doctor had bugged the switchboard with these energy beetles and using them to access and activate hack codes within San to track them down. It was official, the fight was on now! Tracy toughened up quickly.
Oh so that's how you want to play it, Gill?” she thought in anger. “Well, try this!” Tracy began ripping off the beetles and crushing them fiercely. It was all just anger management. Tracy was getting out all of stress in one full go. She didn't scream however; that would draw too much attention. She didn't need that at all. Once the mess was over, Tracy came to a realization. It was time to move again. But first, she had to fix up San again.
Tracy made it back to the room just in time. The boys were still sleeping. San was lied out on the bed. The android made it right over to her. San just looked like a lifeless doll lying there. Lucky for Tracy, repair was next to easy. The android took a few breaths first. She didn't understand it. Why did she have to have human organs in the first place? But never mind that now. She had work to do. Tracy gently reconnected the vein in San's heart. She didn't activate just yet. Mecca had leaked everywhere in the child's body. Too much of a leak could shut down machines in a heartbeat. Tracy whipped out a rag and began cleaning up the still wet mecca. Then, she lightly scraped off the dried life substance. Under a minute, San was all cleaned up. But, Tracy still wasn't finished yet. There was one more thing that had to be done.
She opened up her arm and placed a tube in one of her veins. The android then connected the tube to San's heart. In a few minutes, the transfusion began. This was the longest part. Transfusing mecca was never easy. The right amount had to go in or a machine would crash from too little or too much. Getting the right amount took hours. This would take all night. But it was worth every moment of it. San was safe for now. But they would have to move again. It was only a matter of time. Gill would not rest until he had repossessed San. But, Tracy was ready to fight this time. She was going to protect San and get revenge all at one. “Catch me if you can, Gill!” Tracy thought. “I'm not scared of you at all!
Data: Finished