Kikaider Fan Fiction ❯ Electric City ❯ Vol. Three, Chap. Eighteen: What Happens Tomorrow ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

What Happens Tomorrow

Within eighteen hours, everything will change. The woods and mountain shook. Isis's full form was awake.

“Yes!” Gill shouted. “It's working!” The tank started glowing.

Outside, Ichiro and Rei felt the shaking.

“What the --?!” Ichiro asked. The wasps dropped dead and crumbled. The shaking grew worse.

“Get inside!” Ichiro shouted. He and Rei ran inside.

--------

More wasps filled the tunnels. Tracy lifted her head.

“What the hell?!” she shouted. The Red Woman headbutted her off.

“Oof!” Tracy said as she hit the ground. Jiro tackled the woman from behind. Tracy dragged herself to her feet. The walls started to glow.

“Oh no…” Tracy said as she looked around. She clicked the back of her right teeth.

“Luke! Luke, can you hear me? Luke? Luke?” she asked. The Red Woman charged but Tracy slid out of the way.

---------

Luke, Mitsuko, and Marasu made it downstairs. The shaking hit them too. The humans could barely stand.

“What was that?” Mitsuko asked. Luke opened his mouth.

“Luke! Luke, can you hear me? Luke? Luke?” Tracy asked in his ear. Luke jumped to attention.

“Yes?” he asked.

“She's been activated! Get to San now!” the android shouted.

“What?” Luke asked.

“Just do it!” the android yelled. “I will lead you to her!”

“Okay!” Luke shouted.

“Start running to the door!” she shouted.

“Mitsuko, Marasu, come on!” Luke yelled. Brother and sister followed behind.

-----------

By now, Isis was awake. However, there was a problem. How did she get too powerful? Gill saw what was wrong too late. His body lay burned on the floor. Face frozen in horror. Meanwhile, San floated in her tank. There was nothing there. The wires glowed. Some were starting, to burn up.

“San! San! San!”

Luke ran up to the tank. The glowing walls nearly blinded him. Still, he kept going. He had to prove Tracy wrong.

“You have to destroy her,” she said.

“What?” he asked.

“She's gone, kid,” Tracy said. “Gill made her into the ultimate weapon. You have to stop her before she kills us all.”

“But…”

“Don't be a pussy!”

Luke had to save San. She didn't have to be destroyed. He could see her in the distance. The boy reached out to her.

“San!” Luke yelled. His fingers touched glass. She could not see him. She did not recognize him.

“Do it!” Tracy yelled. Her voice sounded distant in his ear. Luke's body felt like it was on fire. Still, Luke would not break down.

“San,” he said. His voice came out into a hoarse whisper. She looked like a lifeless doll. The wires were on fire. Tears ran down Luke's cheeks. He pressed his lips together.

“Luke! Do it!” Tracy yelled. A tear ran down his cheek.

“Luke!” Tracy yelled.

“San, I love you,” Luke said as loud as he could. He began to speak the shut down code. Tears ran down San's cheeks. The light engulfed them both.

---------

It's quiet now. Everything looked so green. Plants and nature grew everywhere. The wasps lay crushed on the ground. The Red Woman, Tracy, and Jiro let on the ground where they were. Tracy and Jiro were in one piece but out cold. The third android was broken into pieces. The same happened to Ichiro and Rei.

In the basement, Mitsuko and Masaru lay on floor still alive but unconscious. Where the tank used to be lay Luke and San. What remained of her lay in his arms. Could she be fixed? Luke was going to try.

They would all be found hours later.

Data: Complete