Kikaider Fan Fiction ❯ Electric City ❯ Vol. Three, Chap. Seventeen: Battle Starts ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Battle Starts

They had to rely on Tracy's old memory. She looked over her shoulder. Everyone followed in silence. Luke lifted his chin.

“I remember the trail here,” Tracy said. “Be on your guard.” The path started to narrow. The trees became denser. Luke, Mitsuko, and Marasu struggled to keep up.

Above, mechanical wasps buzzed overhead. There had to be eight of them. Gill knew where they were going. Let them come. He's got something for them.

----------

Down the narrow mossy path. Follow the stones. Come up to a stone wall. Push aside the vines. Tracy walked up to the wall.

“828-719-652-021,” Tracy said to herself. The wall started to glow. The humans stepped back. Luke turned his head when the ground shook.

“What the--?!” he shouted. Tracy didn't pay attention. She kept her focus straightforward. She clenched her teeth as the doors opened.

Buzz!

“Look!” Jiro shouted. Mechanical wasps started flying out. The Kikaiders transformed.

“Go!” Jiro shouted. Tracy grabbed Luke by the arm and ran inside. Jiro followed Mitsuko and her brother. More wasps came flying out. Ichiro and Rei were left behind to fight them off.

---------

Pitch black tunnels.

“Can you find San yet?” Jiro asked.

“Not yet!” Tracy shouted. “But I have a guess where she is!” She turned to Luke.

“Here!” the android shouted. She shoved something small and black into his hand.

“Stick it in your ear! I will stay with you in case we get separated!” she said.

“Right!” Luke shouted. He shoved the device in his right ear. Tracy went over path in her head.

Go straight, turn right, go forward, turn left, turn left, keep running until you reach the stairs.

Tracy slowed to a stop.

“What's wrong?” Luke asked.

Bang!

A bullet struck Tracy in the back. Feminine whistling filled the air. Tracy and Luke looked behind them. The woman in the red boots walked forward. Luke gritted his teeth.

“You!” he growled.

“My, my, my,” she said. “We meet again.”

“Where's San?!” Luke yelled. Tracy gritted her teeth. The woman cocked her head to the side.

“San?” she asked.

“Yes!” the boy yelled. “Give her back!”

“Aw, I'm afraid I can't do that,” she said. Mitsuko had to hold Luke back.

“Why not?!” he shouted. The woman threw back her head and laughed. The boy broke down screaming. Tracy, despite the pain, stretched her neck from side to side.

“Luke, get going,” she said. “I've got this.” The boy and Mitsuko turned to her.

“Tracy,” Luke said.

“Just go!” the android snapped. Jiro walked up to Tracy's side. She didn't need to say a word to him.

“I will guide you to her,” Tracy said. “Leave this better to us!” Luke began to smile.

“Right,” he said. He, Mitsuko, and Masaru ran forward.

“Oh no you don't!” the Red woman said. She started to run to the humans. Tracy ran forward and tackled her. Both fell on the ground. They fought on the spot.

“Run!” Tracy yelled. The humans ran further down the path. Tracy kicked the Red Woman in the stomach.

----------

Meanwhile, San opened her eyes. Her body started floating in the tank as her eyes started glowing white. Her hair floated around. The room began to shake.

Data: Error