Kill Me Kiss Me Fan Fiction ❯ Somebody Told Me ❯ Rising Doubt ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~~+~~
Somebody Told Me
Chapter 1: Rising Doubt

Warning:
I think Kun's a little OOC in this chap. Sorries if he is!
Disclaimer: (Cackles) Yes, K2 is mine, all mine! Bwa ha ha ha! ...no? Really? Well... shit.
Setting: After book 1. Personally, I thought the next 4 were a disappointment- I liked the characters fine, but there were so many loose ends, in my opinion...
Summary - You're trying to fix things that shouldn't break, trying to keep afloat in a sea of doubt, you try to say "I'm fine" but the words that tumble out of your mouth are "Does she love me?" T/GW
Pairing: Tae x Ga-woon, with maybe some Que-min x Ghoon-hahm?
 
 
 
 
~~+~~
 
 
Well somebody told me
That you had a boyfriend
Who looked like a girlfriend
That I had in February
-The Killers
 
 
~~+~~
 
 
 
Scritch-scritch-scritch.
 
 
 
Siiiiiiiiiigh...
 
 
 
Scritch-scritch-scritch.
 
 
 
As the tip of Ga-woon's pencil scratched its way across his paper, the former badass sighed at how well, damn, boring-as-hell his life had become. In all those dumb chick flicks his mother always made him watch, wasn't the confession-part supposed to be the build-up of all those girly, fluttery emotions, and afterward the sun seems brighter, the grass greener, and all that shit?
 
 
 
He and the love of his damn life didn't seem to be going anywhere... but that wasn't right... The dark-haired boy knew he had said those special words, so naturally there was nothing but up, right? Right?
 
 
 
Ga-woon had quit the gang... He had the scars to prove how eager they were to let him go... and was now on his way to being a model student. He even helped out at a granny home now. His grades were improving. Why the censored wasn't life looking up? Why did he feel so... depressed?
 
 
 
A note landed on his desk.
 
 
 
'-Yo GW, what's up? You're spacing out, man! That's my job. -K'
 
 
 
Smiling briefly over his shoulder at model Kun Kang, the ex-gangster's best friend, Ga-woon scrawled in all-caps. 'I'VE BEEN FEELIN' DOWN.' He passed it on.
 
 
 
In a heartbeat Kun was passing the slip of paper back to him, and in languid, cursive letters it spelled his demise.
 
 
 
'Lady troubles?'
 
 
 
He barely wrote 'NO,' before the bell rung, releasing the students from class. Kun walked up to the dark-haired boy in that leisurely way of his.
 
 
 
There was a pause between the friends, something that had never happened...before...
 
 
 
Ga-woon broke under his friend's calm stare. "Kun, I dunno what's wrong with me... I mean, aw, shit, what do I mean?"
 
 
 
"Did you and Tae have a fight?" the blond suggested.
 
 
 
"No..." Ga-woon looked thoughtful. "Not at all. It's not that..." Slowly Ga-woon voiced his thoughts. "When I'm with her, I feel like I'm on top of the world- I'll do anything for her. But when we're apart, I dunno... I just..."
 
 
 
Kun's impassive face broke. In an over-dramatized deep voice, he lamented "Oh, Tae, I miss you so!" Then he grated in a high falsetto, "I miss you too, Ga-woon! I love you! Let's never be apart!" The spiky dark-haired ex-gang leader turned stiff as Kun laughed at his joke, slapped Ga-woon on the back and said something about 'you can't be glued at the hip all the time'.
 
 
 
 
'I love you!'
 
 
 
 
The thug smiled weakly. Those three "special little words" had never worked their way into Ga-woon's conversations with Tae since that fateful day in the rain... and only he had said them. She hadn't responded in kind... in fact-
 
 
 
 
No, no, that was sensitive girly stuff, worrying about crap like that! So what if Tae hadn't...
 
 
 
 
"Ga-woon? Are you okay?" Kun's ice blue eyes stared worriedly into those of his paling friend.
 
 
 
 
"Does she love me?" Honestly, that wasn't what he had intended to say. Ga-woon had meant to say something along the lines that he was fine, don't worry, he'd been through worse, yadda-yadda-yadda.
 
 
 
The blond's eyes rolled. "Ugh. Get a grip. Iknow she loves you, man. She's so crazy about you it's not even funny. Why the hell are you being all doubtful? "
 
 
 
 
Ocean blue eyes blinked and he turned a bright red. "Well... she's never...said... it." The ex-gangster mumbled, feeling incredibly foolish.
 
 
 
 
Kun snorted, then derisively advised, "Ask her about it then, if it's bothering you so much."
 
 
 
 
 
~~+~~
 
 
 
 
 
TBC...?