Kill Me Kiss Me Fan Fiction ❯ Somebody Told Me ❯ Mother Dearest ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
~~+~~
 
 
 
Well somebody told me
That you had a boyfriend
Who looked like a girlfriend
That I had in February
-The Killers
 
 
 
~~+~~
 
 
 
 
'Whores, tramps and prostitutes...' Mrs. Kim thought contemptuously as her perceptive blue eyes scanned the crowd of teenagers, looking for her darling son. Full lips pursed in agitation; She had mentioned she'd pick him up after school today, hadn't she?
 
 
 
Thelegitimate reason the cunning woman was using was that Ga-woon's motorcycle was trashed after some run-in, and because he hated limos... too ritzy and ruined his 'reputation', or something... in all truth, Mrs. Kim was scouting out all the young 'hookers' that were dying to get their badly manicured hands around her child... and his large inheritance.
 
 
 
Her eyes narrowed, 'Gold-diggers, all of them!'
 
 
 
In her valued opinion, the girls of Pure Water High had far too low-cut shirts and indecently short skirts for their uniforms. She would know how that worked. They were most likely rolling the waists and not buttoning their shirts up properly. When she was young- well, she was still young, according to her opinion... in her fairly recent highschool years, the sluttish girls did that to their skirts and shirts, and encouraged that behavior among the rest. Though the young Mrs. Kim never truly sank down to that level... A few tucks and rolls to get her then-would be husband's attention...She did not know of the loose principle's policy on getting your skirts modified, thank goodness, or her son would never be allowed to attend.
 
 
 
 
After she finished parking the Mercedes Bendz by the sidewalk, her son finally appeared, his dark head bent, his deep blue eyes focused on the ground.
 
 
 
 
If Mrs. Kim didn't know her son better, she would say the black-haired boy was lost in thought.
 
 
 
 
She blinked, startled, pushing a strand of dyed-blonde hair out of her eyes, and tucking it back into the strict bun she wore.
 
 
 
 
Beyond the ocean eyes and tall stature (Wealthy Mr. Kim was shorter than them both, to his chagrin), Mrs. Kim looked nothing like her child. His eternally-windswept black hair and roguish features contrasted greatly with the tidy blonde locks and prim-and-proper demeanor of his mother.
 
 
 
 
One of the girls suddenly rushed up to Ga-woon, tugging on his arm and saying something Mrs. Kim couldn't hear.
 
 
 
 
In her eyes, the little slut had thrown herself at him, plastering herself to his arm, which her innocent little boy had put up in defense.
 
 
 
 
He nodded glumly, and the girl took off, giggling. As Ga-woon was reaching the convertible, he tossed his school bag on the back seat, but otherwise remained outside. "Mom? Where's dad?" he asked, confusion evident in his eyes. "Wasn't he going to give me a ride?"
 
 
 
 
"Ga-woon, sweetie, darling..." she started, batting the blue eyes he had received. "Mumsie wanted to pick you up, and I got off earl-y! It was no trouble."
 
 
 
 
Ga-woon accepted the answer with a nod and stared away from the car, a troubled expression marring his handsome face.
 
 
 
 
"So... who was that girl?" The blonde sent him a sideways glance. One could think she was being a normal parent, prying into her child's life out of sheer curiosity, but this was Ga-woon's mother. Upon closer examination, one might see a calculative, cruel glint in her eyes.
 
 
 
 
"Er, that was just my new student tutor." He said with the sheepishness all children radiate when they know they've done something bad. "My teacher... kinda... decided I needed one... Yang Me just wanted to know where we could meet..."
 
 
 
 
It looked for a second like his mother might cry.
 
 
 
 
But "I don't think you need a female tutor." was her crisp reply.
 
 
 
Ga-woon arched an eyebrow. "But I'm failing Chemistry..."
 
 
 
Her reasoning was sensible. "A girl would be too distracting, and would inevitably defeat the purpose." She took a deep, steadying breath.
 
 
 
'Girls only get with guys through tutoring in fantastical, trashy romance novels...' she reassured herself. But to make sure one of those hussies didn't live out their fantasies on her son, Mrs. Kim commanded, "Get a boy instead."
 
 
 
Her precious son then did something she never would have predicted; he blushed lightly, turning his head away. Her eyes widened as he looked down and murmured, "Maybe yer right... well, I'm sorry mom, but I'm meeting a friend, uh- Kun! -Kun today."
 
 
 
With a perfected 'guileless' smile, she nodded and asked, "So you don't need a ride today?"
 
 
 
 
"No!" was Ga-woon quick reply. Too quick. "I, er, he... No, tha' place's real close by."
 
 
 
~~+~~
 
 
 
TBC...