King Of Bandit Jing Fan Fiction ❯ Thieving Fate ❯ 2nd Shot: The journey begins ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
2nd Shot: The journey begins

Cold.

Coldness was the first thing Stacie felt as she went to darkness. She didn’t see anything but black. This frighten her a lot. She try to move but couldn’t. Her body was numb. It was like she was in a block of ice. You couldn’t move and at the same time you were cold.

Sudden she felt something making for warm pick her up for the cold. She really like the warm. She felt safe and at the same time she was a little nervous. Soon as she was relax with the warm, it started to faded and the cold started to come back. ‘No! Come back’ she thought as she force herself to move to order to get it. She caught it and brought it back to her. It was fighting to get free but she hold on. Soon it stop fighting and stay. Stacie was happy to feel this kind of warmth. She hadn’t felt it for a long time. Before she knew it she fell asleep.

> > > > > > > >> >

Jing woke up to see that the redhead was still sleeping. He soon notice he and her was cover by a big light brown blanket and it was night time out. “I see one of you is awake”. He turn in front of him to see a old man looking at him with a happy look on his face. The old man had brown eyes and no white hair on his head except the sides on it. He also has a long white bread and wore a priest outfit. “When I came here, I saw you sleeping with a very beautiful girl. I thought you doing research on the Five Angel’s Envious Jewels.”

“I was…” Jing suddenly look at the transformation circle and continue “…but suddenly that circle glow and than after a big flash of light, she appear in the middle of it. Hey old man, what kind of transformation circle is it?” Jing look at the old priest, he know he must have been confuse on what he told him. “Boy, when she wakes up, ask her where she's from?”

“Huh? But why?”

“Please ask her, I have an idea from where she came from.”

“And where that?” The old priest began to look serious. “The outer world.”

The outer world? He knew what the old man was talking about, everyone heard of the legend that Heloin was once apart of it but it was impossible to contact the other world now since the outer world doesn’t have any magical beings there anymore or was it? Still Jing was shocked by the old man’s answer.

“I know its impossible but this circle was use to bring people to Heloin from the outer world.” The old priest turn to the exit of the temple but before he exit, he turn to Jing. “Please boy ask her. This will mean there still a way to go to their world and ours.” With that he left, making Jing think on what he said.

> > > > > > > > >

Hey Jing, how is she?”

Voices.

She fine. She just resting.”

So get up and found out where the Angel’s Envious Jewels are.”

I can’t.”

Why not?”

Because the girl has your friend tied up in her arms.”

AHH don’t do that you old geezer.”

Stacie open her eyes to see where the voices belong to. One of the voices belong to an old man and another belong to a talking bird.

'I must be dreaming. Birds can't talk' thought Stacie while going back to sleep on her warm pillow.

"Ah how cute, she think your lap is a pillow or something. Look likes Jing has a new girlfriend. Too bad I didn't get some of her."

"Kir she...she just tried. So leave."

"Ah if you don't have any interest in her than why are you blushing?"
Stacie was in confusion, they couldn't be talking about her, right? She open her eyes again to see not only a boy who was one year older than her but she was laying on his lap.

"Ahhh!"

She jump back to see what she was sleeping on was an older boy’s lap. She was embarrassed now. She could feel her cheeks heat up. She notice he was staring at her. This made her cheeks hotter as she realize how cute he was, unruly black hair, dark grey eyes, and a good figure to match. She snap back into reality as the old man started to laugh. “I see she already like what she sees.”

“What? No I…just shock that I was resting on a boy’s lap. I never done that before” she said while putting her hand behind her head and still blushing. He look at her some more until he spoke. “Are you ok?”

“Huh?”

“Are you ok?” he repeated as he stared in to her forest green eyes. Stacie stared in to his steel grey eyes. “I’m…I’m fine. Nothing to worry about” she said.

Kir flew to her and put his wing to her. “Hello my sweet angel. Are you here to be mine?” She turn away from the black bird and sweat drop. “Ah…I must be really be dreaming. I mean birds can’t talk if you don’t count parrots. Hey are you a parrot?”

“NO! I’m albatross!” Said the bird in a very annoy tone. Stacie place her head on the blanket. “Yes, this proves I’m dreaming.” The boy look at her like she crazy. “Um… what your name?” said the boy. She got up and look at him.

“Oh ah…Stacie, Stacie Mizu.”

“Well…my name is Jing, this old priest’s name is Omoide, and the black bird with the bandana is Kir.”

“Ah…nice to meet you all” she said, still wondering if this is a dream or not. Jing got up and look at her. “Where are you came from?”

“Ah…Tokyo.” He gave a confuse look. “Where that?” Stacie look at him like he was stupid. “What do you mean ‘where that’, it’s in Japan, a country that part of one of the seven continents.”

“Ms. Mizu, can I ask you a question?” ask Omoide. Stacie look at him, listening on what his question is. “How did you use that circle? Jing told me you came from there.” Stacie look at the circle, it look like the same one in her basement. Speaking of the basement, why wasn’t she in the basement right now?

She look around where she was now. Dirty walls with strange writing, Broken up statues and floor. She could tell she was in a temple of some sort. She look at Omoide who was waiting for an answer. “Um…let’s see, mom told me to get some sunflower powder for her. Than, I went to the basement and took the Havoc-type twin ninja stars with me because I wanted to practice with those kind of weapons. Next, I got the powder and saw the weird circle. Than all of a sudden, when I step in to it, the circle and my medallion started to glow and…”

“What medallion?” ask Jing. Stacie took off the Star Key and show it to Jing, Kir, and Omoide. "Looks like it belong to a dead king" said Kir but Omoide gasped. “It can’t be.”

“What?” Before she got her answer, the wall in the far right got explode.

As the smoke clear, a group of ugly muscle monsters appear. The old Priest went in front of them. “Get out of here you fiends, this is no place for unworthy creatures” but they didn’t listen to the old man but laugh. “Sorry old geezer but we have to do business here” said the mouse man. “Yeah gave us all the books or whatever is about the five Angel’s envious Jewels” said a Cyclops. “Or we'll make sure those wrinkles upside down” said a bear.

“No you will…” before he could finish on what he was saying, Jing went in front of him. The monsters laughed. “Ah how cute, hey boy! Go play ball or something?”

Jing grab Kir and the room started to glow green. Sudden Kir got attached to Jing’s right arm, his ribcage reach over his whole arm, and his beak and wings grew much longer. “I think you should listen to your elders more.” He pointed Kir to the monsters but they weren’t scared, not to some kid and his pet bird. They started to charge at them.

“GIVE ME A KIR ROVALE!” Jing shouted and green energy balls hit the monsters and sent them flying outside the temple. “Well that takes care of them” said Jing.

“Not quite brat.” Jing and Omoide turn around to see a chicken-type monster hold a shape dagger to Stacie’s neck. “Puck da! Now we'll repeat ourselves again. Gave us anything on the five Angel’s Envious Jewels or this little redhead is going to go to a place where angels live.” This made the situation worse but Jing sigh and put his head down in defeat. “We'll gave you what you need.”

“JING WHAT THE HELL YOU’RE SAYING?” said Kir who stared at him shocked. "What more worth it Kir, Jewels or someone's life?" Suddenly they heard someone giggled and realize it was Stacie. “What so funny girl?” said the Chicken monster in anger.

“You” said Stacie between her laughs. The Chicken monster’s anger began grew as she laugh harder. “STOP LAUGHING” said the chicken as he tries to stab her with the dagger. “Stacie!” Suddenly Stacie grab the chicken’s arm and throw him to the wall hard without getting stab with the dagger. Jing and Kir just stand there shock at what they just saw. Stacie notice this and put her hand back on her head again. “Um…don’t stare at me like that please?” Jing and Kir stop staring and look the other way. All the monsters including the chicken monster all back away and ran for their life.

Stacie look at the old priest. “Mr. Omoide what were going to say about the medallion?”

Omoide sat on a stone and remain silence like that for a while until he broke it. “That medallion is a key to travel between worlds back and ford. I don’t know how you got such a powerful item but you have to keep it safe or someone will get it and travel to your world and cause damage, even if they get one part of it.”

“One part of it? But the medallion look whole to me” said Stacie who look at the Star key in confusion. Jing took it from Stacie’s hand and put his other hand on top on it. “It may look like it one…” Jing took the hand on top of the medallion and separate it of one half of the Star Key “…but it is really is two pieces of one.” Jing put it back together and give it back to Stacie. She look at it a little guilty “and here I called it a piece of crap.” She look at the symbolic wall tablet and look at hard. “I know what it said here.”

“You read Latin?” said Jing in interest. “Yep, I learn it from my father.”

“Great, can you tell me what it said.” Stacie started to read it:

As you're here in this place

You can’t spread you wings

You can only drown

In the darkness you created

That they'll never understand

But this jewel will help you

With the pain that surface

The Tears of Hope

'Some kind of riddle that might lead to ones of the jewels' thought Jing. He notice Stacie was looking at him. “Sorry but that it” said Stacie looking at Jing. “I’ll like to read the other four tablets in this room but as you see they’re all destroy.”

“It’s alright, at least I know where one is. All I have to do is solve the riddle for the Tears of Hope” said Jing started walking to the exit of the temple “Thank you Stacie”

“Hold it buster” Jing look at Stacie. “I want to come with you and beside I don’t how I activated the circle.” Stacie run to Jing at tug his collar of his coat so he can look at her. Jing realize their faces were almost close together, it made him blush. “Listen I think I can help you look for this jewel or whatever. So let me come with you or I’ll follow on my own free will.”

“Do as you wish but be warm you have to be clever and fast to keep up with me okay Red”

“Sure Jing that no problem for me” said Stacie who know it wasn't a dream now.