Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Undead Hearts ❯ Extra Chapter 2 - Burnt Flame ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well folks, here it is the last chapter. In loving memory of Axel, thanks ThexNameless! Okay I'll stop stalling…that is if you people even read these things. Enjoy! There may possibly be a sequel as you will be able to tell from the ending.
 
Disclaimer: Well I own nothing and never will own anything in this story. Unless….
-_____________-
Undead Hearts
Ex. Ch. 2: Burnt Flame
-_____________-
 
When Riku showed up at my house that first night, I was blown away. A normal person would've shut him out and rang up the police. But my heart told me something different…
 
I'd never actually been in love. My boss was always there for me but that's all he was…a higher up figure.
 
Without hesitation I had agreed to Riku's request to turn into a vampire and join him in the Undead World. For some reason I believed every word he said about my other, Axel. So I went with him and joined his group.
 
They're an intimidating bunch but I'm up for it. Cloud doesn't look so tough and Ienzo is just a silent one. Myde's real nice though. He showed me all around the house. Squall talks to me quite a bit. Always asking different things about the Living World and how it felt being in the same world as my other.
 
I guess he relays the info to Ienzo because I always find them chatting it up all night. But it doesn't matter, I have what I desire most, Riku.
 
So far Riku has yet to turn me into a vampire. I wonder what he's waiting for.
 
I lie back down onto the bed and stare at the walls. I've been here for a couple of days and I honestly don't feel good. Staying in the Undead World when you're not undead is a bitch. Riku had brought me food and drink till he changes me. Whenever that'll be.
 
Riku walks in and lies down next to me.
 
“Yo Riku can I ask you a question?”
 
“Of course.”
 
“Why won't you change me?”
 
“Don't you want to stay human? The life of us isn't easy.”
 
“But I chose it!”
 
Riku turns to me with sad eyes. It doesn't matter though. I'm not backing down. Either he changes me or I'm gone. I love him to death but not when I'm the outcast and the one who needs protection, I can't take it.
 
“Reno…I just don't want anything to happen to you.”
 
Jumping off the bed I start to the door.
 
“Where are you going?”
 
“Do I have to tell you everything?”
 
“It would be nice.”
 
“Fine, I'm going somewhere with a better view.”
 
I don't know where he thought I would be going but I have a place in mind.
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
When Riku had first brought me here I remember passing a trail. I had asked where it led and he only replied, `A place with a great view.'
 
I walk along the trail and onto a great hill overlooking a body of water.
 
The moon shines off the surface of the ocean causing it to sparkle with the simplest movement of a wave rolling in and pulling out. Crystal colored sand sparkles up from the illumination.
 
I stare transfixed at the water and I sit down on the edge of the hill, dangling my feet over the edge.
 
“Beautiful isn't it?”
 
I turn to glare at the vampire that interrupted my peace.
 
The man stood to the side by an over hanging tree that appeared to be on the verge of teetering on the edge. His brown hair falls short and bangs part to the sides of his face. Crimson eyes stare at me through the darkness. He dresses simply in black jeans and a ruby flannel button-up shirt.
 
“Who are you?”
 
“Don't worry I'm a friend of Cloud's.”
 
“So…go away.”
 
He sighs and steps forward, sitting down next to me. “Riku won't change you will he?”
 
“You know?”
 
He laughs at me, “Of course, you smell of human.”
 
“What's your name?”
 
“Vincent…but Reno…don't be mad at Riku.”
 
I snort, “How can I not? He puts me in danger thinking that he's protecting me.”
 
Vincent looks my way, “Walk with me to the water and I'll explain.”
 
This guy is a total weirdo. But to get answers…I'll go. If he's a friend of Cloud's, I should be safe enough.
 
Vincent leads me to the water's edge.
 
“Well start talking slick.”
 
“Riku doesn't want to lose you because he knows that there will not be another that can come close to filling the empty hole in his heart. When Axel died we all mourned for Riku. He protects our Fortune City with his group of special vampires and we all know what a loss it is for him.”
 
I cock an eyebrow at the elder man, “Well to keep me safe why doesn't he just change me? What's the big deal?”
 
Vincent only smiles at me, “You'll have to find that out yourself, Reno. Good luck, you'll need it to get Riku to tell you.”
 
He walks away along a hidden path, almost disappearing from sight.
 
I scoff, “What an ass. Told me he would explain…what a great enlightenment it was.” I drone on sarcastically.
 
“Reno…”
 
Spinning around I let my amethyst eyes fixate onto Riku's form.
 
“Yo.”
 
“I'm sorry…it's hard for me to…condemn you to this forever. Vampires never die unless someone kills them.”
 
“Yeah whatever you say Riku. Go ahead let me stay human and let me die within a few short years and you'll be all alone.”
 
His aqua eyes narrow, “That's not even funny Reno.”
 
“Neither are you.” Being slightly taller I stand over him. “Look, I love you and I want to be with you forever. So either take me back and turn me or you're not taking me back at all.”
 
A slim silver eyebrow quirks up, “Okay, how do you plan on not being forced back?”
 
I run out into the water till it soaks in up to my waist.
 
“I'll drown.”
 
Oddly enough he laughs. “You don't have the nerve.”
 
I turn around and dive into the water, not looking back.
 
Kicking and paddling I swim farther down until I feel my lungs about to burst.
 
That's when an arm wraps around my waist and pulls me toward the surface. Breaking through the water's glassy surface, I gasp for air.
 
Opening my eyes I meet Riku's intense turquoise eyes.
 
“You're an idiot you know that Reno?”
 
“Maybe but at least I'm not a stubborn ass.”
 
Riku's arm lets go of me as he makes his way back to the shore.
 
I guess I was a little too hard on him. I don't know what its like to lose someone that close.
 
By the time I got to the sand, Riku was already walking toward the hill.
 
“Yo Riku wait up!”
 
He doesn't even turn back but at least he stops.
 
I must have really pissed him off this time.
 
A smirk curls onto my lips as I pick Riku up in my arms.
 
“What are you doing?”
 
“Shut up Riku, we're going where I want. Don't say nothing either, I know where it is.”
 
I didn't carry him far. Plus I'm not that strong to carry him for a long length of time…I'm not a vampire…yet.
 
Walking up to the abandoned house I smile. I've learned that not many vampires live here. They usually travel to a better place in the Undead World. Thus there are a ton of neglected homes.
 
I place Riku down onto the bed. Everything had been left behind apparently. The black sheets and pillows still lie on the bed, untouched.
 
This one was left recently from what Myde told me.
 
“Whatever are you up to Reno?”
 
I crawl up onto the bed and lie on top of him. “Showing you I'm not afraid.”
 
Leaning down I press my lips against his.
 
Riku tries to push me away but I only stop and just lie down on his chest tracing circles on it.
 
“Please…Riku?”
 
“Why do you want this so bad?”
 
“I love you…just as much as Axel did.”
 
Riku pushes me away and stands up.
 
“I'll change in you in one week, deal?”
 
“Deal.”
 
I smile to myself and follow Riku back home to get out of these wet clothes.