Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Undead Hearts ❯ Extra Chapter 1 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well…I decided myself that it's going to be Cloud and Squall…sorry…inspiration hit me hard and I just had to write it. Short…I will admit it but hey, their story is told. I figured ya know what? I'm going to do this one and the one ThexNameless suggested. The next one will be Reno x Riku. The only reason this one is out first is because I typed it up first…hehehe <3 you all!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything besides the plot and sadly the man.
-_________________-
Undead Hearts
Ex Ch. 1: Touch of an Angel
-_________________-
 
I pull on jeans and a black t-shirt. That's what I get up for waking up early again.
 
Nightmares are a bitch.
 
Myde found me about a year ago in an alleyway. He asked me if I wanted him to be my Giver.

I declined.
 
Riku and I are the only “single” vampires in our group. That is, ever since Myde and Ienzo found each other.
 
I've even talked to Ienzo about my nightmares. Well, since he seems to know more about our kind. Sadly he said he doesn't know how to cure me of them.
 
However, Riku thinks it's because I knew my other and was in the World of the Living at the same time as him. We even grew up together. But he couldn't protect me from the world.
 
It was my fault that…I died in his arms.
 
“Hey Cloud, are you going out again?”
 
I turn to the kitchen to see Riku. He's always up too. He's the leader, in a way, so we don't question why he disappears every once in a while.
 
Riku did tell me that he goes and visits his other, Terra; to make sure he's safe.
 
“Nightmares…”
 
Riku only nods and I walk out. Rain mists over me and I shrug my jacket on and pull the hood up.
 
I never know where I'm going but I always manage to get back, so it's not a problem. Sometimes I wish I could live again, but I know that won't happen. My other's doing that for me.
 
Rounding the corner I feel my heart skip a beat.
 
The most gorgeous boy that I've ever seen stands before me. His silk brown hair falls around his face and down the nape of his neck while stormy eyes widen in fright.
 
A burly man with a hat shadowing his features holds the boy to the wall with a knife to his slim neck.
 
“I'll offer one more time boy. I'll be your Giver but first give me some of your blood!”
 
“No.” he states firmly.
 
“Wrong choice, now I'll kill you.”
 
I run forward and ram into the vampire. He bares his fangs and throws me off while the brunette scrambles to get the fallen knife.
 
The man scurries toward the boy. Once again I intercept him by jumping onto him.
 
His fist shoves into my stomach and I roll away gasping for the lost air.
 
The man's iron grip locks around the boy's wrist. A sickening crack echoes off the walls and rain.
 
The knife tumbles to the ground.
 
That's when my head throbs with pain.
 
My hands grasp my head and I ground my teeth together.
 
The man releases the boy and begins to claw at his throat. Blood begins to seep out the corners of his eyes and mouth.
 
My hands fall to my sides as the man drops down dead.
 
With his broken wrist cradled to his chest, the boy stares at me, horrified.
 
“Hey-” I try to say before he runs off.
 
Wincing, I go after him at full speed. It's a good thing we heal somewhat fast.
 
Apparently he doesn't know he's a vampire because I catch up to him and trap him in a corner.
 
“Now listen, I'm not going to hurt you. Just tell me your name.”
 
“Squall.”
 
“Well…Welcome to the Undead World. You're officially a vampire now.”
 
“W-What did you do to him?”
 
I shrug as if it doesn't matter. “Telekinesis…but I can't control it. My emotions get out of check and that happens. By the way, do you have a pow-”
 
Squall puts his hands on the side of my face and I wonder one thing. How did he heal that fast to be able to move his wrist? But my thoughts scatter the second he inhales a breath.
 
Pain surges through me and I drop to my knees with Squall with me, near losing contact.
 
“I've been looking for you Cloud.”
 
“H-How do you k-know my n-name?”
 
“I know that you'll become my Giver…So I'm helping you.”
 
The rain stops pelting my body as snow colored wings sprout from his back and shield us both.
 
Time seems to come to a stop, but then again all I can see is Squall. His cherubic features hover closer as he wraps his arms around me.
 
“I got rid of your nightmares and calmed your powers.”
 
The wings vanish and water begins to soak back into my clothes. “Thank you Squall…for being my light.”
 
The brunette smiles up at me, “Don't mention it. I was told to go to you.”
 
“How, who told you?”
 
“You know, curiosity killed the cat….I'm an angelic if you couldn't tell.”
 
“Okay it's cheesy but, are you my soul mate?”
 
Squall answers with a quick kiss. “Forever more,” he whispers into my ear.