Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Undead Hearts ❯ All Gone ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright last chapter...ever! Okay I lie...complete lie. Since all the other couples didn't get much time except for maybe Squall and Cloud. But that wasn't much either. So when you all review please tell me what couple you would like to have an extra chapter wrote for. If no one votes then I'm picking.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything!
-______________________-
Undead Hearts
Chapter 7: All Gone
 
“Are you okay Axel?”
 
“Yeah, I'm fine now that I took a breather. But Riku, what about you?”
 
A smirk tugs at his lips, “I'm at full power now that I've absorbed in Terra's dying soul. Now he can live...we can go to heaven when we die.” Riku kneels down next to me, “It's a shame they got away but we need to hurry back.”
 
I nod and push myself up onto my elbows. “You wouldn't mind helping, would you?”
 
“Not in the least.”
 
Riku sweeps me up in his arms. I only smile up at him before leaning on his chest. Our walk through the tunnel is short now that I'm not using my power. Riku carries me out of the alleyway and we both end up smiling wide.
 
Squall, Cloud, Ienzo, and Myde stand in front of the escapees; Xehanort, Sia, Braig, and Even.
 
Ienzo narrows his eyes, “It's time we settled this. It's do or die.”
 
Sia shrinks down to that of a wolf and launches at the psychic.
 
Myde intercepts with a handful of water clones.
 
Braig turns and launches a string of bullets at Cloud but Squall deflects them.
 
Riku sets me down, “I'm going to handle Xehanort.”
 
I nod and run over to Even, “Yo Ice Man, ready to get your ass burned?”
 
He snorts, “I've calculated your powers. I can easily crush you. I'll show you my full power!”
 
A blue and white shield appears as ice needle being to launch up from the ground, coming straight for me. As I run to avoid them I summon my chakrams.
 
“You're running low on energy, Axel.” he mocks me.
 
Growling, I launch a flaming wheel at him. I jump back and grab the chakram as it swerves back around. Pain shoots up my leg.
 
I look down to see it frozen to the ground. Kneeling down I put my chakrams by my feet and I place my hands firmly on my icy leg.
 
“Ice prison!” yells Even.
 
I only have time to look up before I'm trapped like an ice sculpture.
 
He strides closer to me and yells, “Come to me, Ice Blade!” A blade of ice appears on his shield. Even raises it, preparing to run me through.
 
Mentally I stow away a small amount of energy. Just enough o last me to see Riku again.
 
The ice around me transforms into water, soaking me and the ground. I grab my chakrams and hold my arms out. The chakrams spin with fire laced onto them. They fling from my hands and begin to circle around Even.
 
I close my eyes and throw my head back, putting all my being into one attack.
 
I feel the flames spring up and down around Even, burning him to a crisp dust.
 
I fall to my knees, panting and reach for my fallen chakrams. But as soon as my fingertip grazes a spike, they turn to a colorful dust. Smiling sadly I turn to the other battles circulating around me.
 
Cloud stands, eyes closed and hands on temples, concentrating unbreakable resolve. Sia is forced onto the ground in his human form and is missing an arm and leg.
 
Squall holds his sword to the sky. White wings of indescribable beauty sprout from his back.
 
Sia breaks free from Cloud's telekinesis, but it's too late. The angelic vampire fires a shot of pure golden holy light at him. Sia turns to dust instantly.
 
I turn to see that Braig is now fighting Ienzo and Myde, having traded with Sia in the midst of battle apparently.
 
Ienzo chants and Braig falls to the ground like a rock while a beam of water throws Braig into the air before he's trapped in a sphere of liquid.
 
His body turns to dust as the water had ate him away, dissolved completely.
 
Finally I look to Riku just in time to see him stab Xehanort in the chest. Everyone turns to one another and smiles.
 
I'm glad they're happy. It's the least I can do.
 
I fall backwards, too tired to do anything else. Hell, I'm lucky I've stayed alive so long.
 
Squall's face hovers into view. “Axel…is that dust your chakrams?”
 
“Yes.” I say between shallow breathes.
 
Riku takes Squall's place as he lifts me into his arms. “What the fuck did you do Axel? Ienzo can't I give him my blood to keep him alive?”
 
“Not if his weapon is gone. Those who are born in the Undead with gifts cannot lose they're assigned weapon or they'll die. But you can try.”

Riku presses his wrist to my lips.
 
I shrink away. “No…I'm dying…you're not.”
 
“Axel, what the hell is your problem. I can save you! What the fuck is your problem, listen to me!”
 
I simply smile and close my eyes, going to sleep.
 
-_________________-
 
I watch the love of my life slip deeper into death.
 
We've gotten through all the secrets and lies but still…I'm losing you. Why won't you drink my blood? If you would…we could stay together…forever.
 
I let tears slide down my pale cheeks and lie my head down onto the edge of the bed.

”R-Riku…don't cry.” Axel runs his hand through my bangs.
 
Sitting up I glare at him, “Why? Isn't this something to cry about! You're dying and I can't save you-NO-you won't let me!”
 
“C-Can…I ask you…to do one last…thing for me?”
 
All anger and frustration drains from me as I lean over and peck his lips, “Of course.”
 
Axel pulls me close with his shaking limps and whispers into my ear.
 
------------------------------------1 Year Later------------------------------------
 
“Riku, please tell me you're not headed off to the World of the Living.” Myde says to me.
 
I pull on my trench coat and smile at him, “Ten I won't tell you.” Myde pouts and I can only laugh. “Okay, fine I'll be back in three hours, is that tolerable Myde?”
 
He nods and I run out the door…way to eager.
 
After Axel died, I've been sticking to my promise. That day he told me a secret and I've told no one at least not yet. Now, I've got to go pick up my promise.
 
It's okay that he won't have any special powers. I prefer he doesn't anyway. A lot of vampires around her are normal. Well, that is besides the average difference from humans.
 
I walk out of the tunnel to see my new companion waiting for me.
 
He smiles and pulls his ever-famous goggles onto his head, revealing clear amethyst eyes. He wraps me in a hug, “I'm ready to go, Riku.”
 
I tug on his long red ponytail before taking his single bag, “Okay then let's get moving.”
 
I'll admit, at first, I was worried that I was only simply replacing Axel with someone else. But when I first met this man…I fell in love all over again. He's no Axel. But I wouldn't want a replica anyhow. He's as good as they come and I consider myself lucky.
 
I pull him into the living room where Squall and Cloud, and Ienzo and Myde are waiting.
 
Ienzo raises a slim eyebrow, “Who do we have here?”
 
“A normal vampire.” comments Cloud.
 
I grab his hand, “Guys, I'm his Giver. This is Axel's true other…Reno.”
 
------------------------------------End-------------------------- ----------