Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ Final Chapter ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Crimson Snow
Chapter 12

$_$_$_$_$_$_$_$_$

A maid smiles at me from the door, 'They say its time for you to take your place."

I nod sadly and straighten the black tie that lies over my white shirt. Running my hands over the ebony suit, I can't help but feel nauseated. I'm to be married to Kairi in a little more than five minutes.

Stepping down to the first floor of the chapel, bile burns the back of my throat. I've never been so appalled by the idea of this holy matrimony.

Cloud, Vincent, and Rufus appear in their normal attire and stand on guard for any suspicious humans or vampires. Humans are only here because Kairi is indeed human and her family had to naturally be flown out to attend.

Since Reno left without any word to anyone but me, Rufus has been more quiet than usual. I know that he suspects more than I let on and that it's got to do something with me...but if I tell him then he'll want to bring Reno back. I couldn't think about doing such a thing before he's had a chance to search the planet for Axel.

On the verge of hysteria, I take my place before the Priest. The tune has yet to begin and Cloud appears beside me. "We're proud of you Zexion."

"Can I just get this over with?"

Cloud sighs and moves back over to Vincent and trades whispers with him.

I just want to slam my skull into the nearest wall...a pillar would do.

Not even realizing that I had been lost in thought I shakily reach my hand out and Kairi slips her's onto it. Her blue eyes show me that she feels bad about this. I lift the veil from her dark red hair and the Priest continues to talk until we exchange our "I do"s.

That's when I notice that Vincent and Cloud have run off through the doors. Scanning the room I inwardly panic and rejoice in unison.

A silky voice cuts through the tension, "I object to this marriage."

I spare a glance over at Rufus to see a shrouded figure pressing a knife to his throat. I drop Kairi's fingers as a cold blade hovers in front of my own throat.

My stomach flips as he begins his demands, "This vampire is mine and no one else should have him." I'm spun around as I'm embraced and lips smash gently against mine. "Your Lord proposed to me. Your King will marry me. Got it memorized?"

I collapse against his chest in joy.

Axel came back for me. Just like Sora said.

Kairi flashes me a genuine smile before backing away to sit in a pew. To the side Reno stands beside Rufus with Rufus's arm linked securely around his waist.

Axel leans down to my ear, "I told you and I did come back to steal your heart. Now let's get this ceremony over with...I wanna get to the fun part."

Crimson color explodes onto my cheeks, ears, and neck as he swivels me around so that the ceremony can continue.

Not surprised in the least, the elder priest picks up from where he left off. In a matter of seconds, Axel pushes against my lips before sweeping me up into his arms.

Embarrassed beyond belief I pound on his torso, "Put me down you idiot. I can walk perfectly fine damn it!"

A mere melodious chuckle escapes his lips while I'm carried out and to our now shared chamber.

Outside I show fury but inside I'm so happy I can barely stand it. And not just for me...Cloud and Vincent are together and happily protecting me and the city. Reno and Rufus are as always. Sora and Riku will be calling me soon to set wedding arrangements I just know it. Most of all I'm glad that Vexen and Marluxia are together...even though every time he's questioned, Vexen will temporarily deny it.

It seems as though the sky has cleared and it has a new limit.

~_~_~_~The End~_~_~_~