Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Crimson Snow
Chapter 11

Forest green vines sprout up from the ground and enclose Father and me. Sparing only a glance over my shoulder. The door flies open to show the rest of our group with a mass of guards right on their heels. The elegant katana appears in his grasp as he races toward me.

I'm able to raise the rapier a second before he angles it down at me. For a brief moment, Sephiroth vanishes.

The sharp hiss of a blade cutting through the air tips me off. Idling longer than anyone else would have, I duck down and swing my own sword.

Blood splatters onto my face as I keep my hand steady. I pull it out of Sephiroth's side and fall back into the defensive. Ignoring the life essence dripping from his side, he darts forward and begins hammering at me. Relieved that he's beginning to slow in his attacks, I parry the remaining of his blows and prepare to strike him once more.

Despite my determination I stumble backward into a column. With wide eyes I stare at the tip sticking in my shoulder.

Deadly speed allows Sephiroth to remove it and replace it into my gut. My throat burns as I can't help but cough up blood onto my shirt.

Scanning around I watch as Marluxia hurriedly tries to dismiss the vines now that the guards have been successfully shut out. As he removes the weapon permanently I fall to my knees as I lean against the now stained column.

The second an opening appears, Cloud leaps forward and pounds his enormous broadsword against Sephiroth's slim katana.

Just as the blade had stuck my stomach, it goes completely through Cloud's, suspending him in the air. A triumphant grin springs to life on his face at the thought that he's won.

He doesn't see gloved hands wrap around the blade as the body stuck on it edges forward. A round clicks into place and the trigger is pulled. The bullet slices through the air and digs into Sephiroth's chest cavity. Blood begins to seep out as he drops the hilt of the sword to clutch at his torso. Within minutes Sephiroth's lifeless body hits the cold tile and council members pour from the doors in the back. Marluxia takes a knee at my side before lifting me up so that he can carry me to the infirmary. Guards enter and take the body away as I'm rushed out as well.

"You did good Zexion, now just stay alive long enough for me to get you some help." We skid around a corner, "If it hadn't been for you, Vincent wouldn't have been able to make that shot. It's a good thing we brought those bullets."

I drown him out after that. I feel heavy and all I want to do is sleep. But every time I try I'm shook awake. Thankfully I'm finally laid down on a cot. I watch as Marluxia's eyes go wide as the doctor shuffles over to me. "Are you going to gape at me or help, Marluxia?"

They know each other.

When Vexen sets his gaze back on me I can see the longing hidden deep in his eyes. Marluxia sits me up while Vexen pulls my shirt over my head. Vexen ties his dull blond hair back and snaps on a pair of latex gloves. Flicking the syringe that holds a red liquid he sets it to the side. Marluxia keeps his hand firmly pressing my balled up shirt against my stomach. Antiseptic is revealed and I slightly cringe.

It's a precaution to make sure I'm not infected with anything. Our immune systems can't ward things off if it enters our bodies by a would that could send it into our blood stream of that moment.

Lying me on my back, Marluxia holds me firmly against the mattress. As the ice cold liquid is poured directly on my shoulder and then my gut, I bite my lip to keep from screaming. I'm propped up as they run gauze from my shoulder to wrap around my middle. Before anything else, Vexen injects me with that substance. Finally, they allow me to shut my eyes and go to sleep.

–6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-–

When I wake up I look around to see the comfort of my chamber. Pain shoots through every nerve in my body as I throw my legs over the edge of the bed. I pull on a pair of jeans over my boxers and a simple black jacket over my bandages.

It won't take much longer...maybe a day or two since I haven't drank in a while.

I let it flap open at my sides as I hurry to the council room. Since it's night, they're all inside, expecting me. "I assume that everyone with me was provided with a room?"

"No your highness. The traitor is in the dungeon."

I direct my glare at the hooded member who spoke, "Marluxia saved my life as well as the evidence against him being unclear. He is to be rewarded and treated as a hero." I turn on my heel, "Bring him here now." I order to the nearest person. I take my seat at the head of the table. "All laws forbidding human born vampires is vetoed and humans are to be allowed into our city as our kind has in theirs." Several guards escort Marluxia into the room. "You're free and can leave or work here as a personal bodyguard to me."

Knowing that if he stays he can be closer to Vexen he nods, "I'll be staying then."

"Good now take him to his quarters and let him prepare for the rest of tonight's work."

–6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-–

Sighing I collapse on my bed. It's been a week and everything is as good as new. Marluxia continues to reassure me that Axel is okay. I just find it hard to believe. We're apart and I feel so empty inside.

A knock comes to my door and I announce that they can enter.

Cloud shuts the door behind him and plops down next to me. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm not sure...I'm glad that you and Vincent decided to stay. Riku told me that him and Sora will be leaving for a short while. I presume they'll be visiting Sora's parents before they marry."

Cloud chuckles lightly before his face turns into a mask of worry. "The council elders have said that they're trying to find you a companion for life."

I close my eyes and roll onto my side, "I don't want one."

"You need one Zexion. You've become depressed and withdrawn while you're not working."

"I know...Reno already informed me of this."

"So why don't you do something about it?"

"What do you suggest?"

"Find you're own mate."

"I already have..." I mumble under my breath.

His fingers wrap around my wrist as I'm drug off the bed and out the door. I dig my heels into the ground and slow the progress, "Stop it Cloud!" Scoffing at me Cloud comes to a dead halt before throwing me over his shoulder. I struggle and pound on his back but he doesn't pay me any mind. I'm finally put on my feet only to face Vincent and Rufus.

Solemnly Cloud turns to them, "Any new information available?"

Rufus bows his head, "No its still the same."

Vincent closes the laptop, "I know you want to wait for Axel...but he's gone missing. It's been two months Zexion, you need to take someone regardless of your feelings."

I stare at him as if he was on fire. I bite back the tears that sting at my eyes and turn my back to them. "Fine." As I take deserted corridors to my room I let the teardrops trickle down my cheeks. They're going to make me marry that girl they were discussing. There's two and they're sisters, so if one dies I still have to marry one. The elder is friendly and says what she thinks along with being determined. Her younger sister is quiet, observant, and extremely caring. Nevertheless, neither of them are cocky, devoted, or quick-witted. I've tried everything to find out whatever I can, but Axel's disappeared off the face of the earth.

I lock myself in my chamber and turn around to see Reno lounging on the bed. If he's depressed as I am, he doesn't show it. Even though my eyes are all dried up...the tracks on my ashen cheeks give me away.

"They haven't found him yet have they?" I shake my head. "The Elders have already planned your wedding. It's in a couple of days."

"So they knew he wouldn't be found."

He swings his legs over the lip of the bed. "I'm sorry Zexion." Reno puts his arms around me, "I'm leaving tonight. I'll find Axel myself. Stay here and stall." Reno presses his lips to my forehead and leaves me standing there feeling so alone.