Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Crimson Snow
Chapter 10

<_<_<_<_<_<_<_<

Cupping my chin he grins mockingly, "What a predicament you've gotten yourself into." Lowering his head he pecks my neck.

"Don't touch me!"

Sighing, Marluxia shakes his head. "Relax your highness, I wouldn't dare touch another vampire's turf." I don't stop glaring despite his words. "I can smell Axel's blood in you...faint but it's still there. I take it that they've not fed you."

Removing a petite key, Marluxia unlocks me from my bonds. With weak legs I only make it out of the cell with Marluxia's help. The guard that should've been watching is lying on the floor, dead.

Larxene taps her foot impatiently. "Give me the keys and let's go."

Marluxia hands her them as she takes off down the corridor. "She's going to go get the others and we will meet back up in the servant chambers."

"Then why are we still standing here?"

The pink haired man only lets his blue eyes linger on me for a moment before leading me through the corridors as if he knows them better than I do. Up ahead I puck up the footfalls of stealthy vampire guards.

Just before they could spot us, we dart through an adjacent door and down winding stone steps. Hiding away in a vacant room, we sit amongst the bare items. Servants seem to live decently while working here, which is all a refugee vampire needs to live, besides the obvious. Hungry only for the knowledge of why he's here, I keep my guard up. "Why are you here Marluxia?"

"I met up with Axel after you all flew off. He was weak and I had planned to harass him but there was something different about him. Nonetheless we talked and I told him I wanted to come back here, home. So in exchange for money, I'm to rescue you from execution. Word has already reached the humans. They are as dumbfounded just as much as our fellow people of the night."

"Why come back?"

"I wanted to see someone...an old friend."

Rising to my feet I listen carefully as servants pass by outside. "Who are you Marluxia? What happened to make you leave?"

"I was thought to be a traitor to our country. Quite the opposite really. I was a warrior during the time when those foolish mortals attempted to eradicate our existence. I came back mortally wounded. I use to be childish and ignorant around others. When I met that doctor I felt like I needn't be immature around him. But before I could tell him how I felt, someone, who had a grudge against me, told officials that I was a traitor. I got wind of it and ran away hoping that it would blow over in a few years. It never did and I couldn't return or they'd kill me."

Dawning on an idea I sit back down. "Help me defeat Sephiroth and I'll fix it. You'd be a hero Marluxia."

"You can't promise that."

"I'll give you my word...in blood."

Pricking my finger I murmur under my breath as I draw the symbol on my neck. Kneeling beside Marluxia I push his hair away and draw an identical mark on his. Once done it glows a light pink before finally dimming down.

Without warning activity outside ceases and I motion for him to follow me to the side.

The door opens and a light shines on the box we hide behind. Holding my breath, the guards step inside and shut the door. Turning my gaze to Marluxia I catch sight of his barred fangs.

He's going to kill them. As much as I don't want to, I have to or they'll tell the first person they find if one of them lives.

Crouching down I calculate the distance between us.

There's no way unless...

I mouth the words to a spell I had first learned as a child. A box, adjacent to the guard farthest away, topples over and sheets spill out onto the floor. As if I had done so as a signal, Marluxia lunges at the closest one to us, leaving me with the other.

Most new recruits would be baffled as to what happened, this one isn't. I manage to knock him off his feet just in time and pin him down. Beside me, Marluxia stands, his mouth dripping with blood until he wipes it away. Leaning down I pierce the man's vein. Finished with him I rise and leave the room.

"We need to move. Others will smell the blood and come running if we don't hurry."

"I still know the way through the secret passageways."

Once another door is found, we secure it behind us and run. Ending a chant, I hadn't even known he had begun, I'm handed a slim rapier. The second we cross back into the throne room, a green and pink scythe seems to grow into his hands. The room is vacant of everyone excluding Sephiroth. Marluxia puts a hand on my shoulder and shoves me forward. "I'll keep you both enclosed in a trap. The others will be here soon to assist me in keeping back his reinforcements."

Nodding grimly I march forward with shining confidence outside but inner nerves. Sephiroth stands and smirks at me, "You're committing a crime Zexion."

"The council will welcome me with open arms if I can get rid of you."

"Then show me that you've paid attention to swordplay more than your dusty novel."