Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Destinies Intertwined ❯ Twilight Town ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
A/N: I don't own Sora, I don't own Roxas, I WISH I could own Riku but nahhh. lololol Ok, chapter two is up. Hope you like it Review please. ;]

Chapter Two: Twilight Town

Hayner led Olette, Pence, and I to what looked like the town's plaza, where he suddenly stopped and turned around. "This is Twilight Town. The town's plaza." he exclaimed and made a few hand gestures. "But to get to our hangout spot-"

"We call it The Usual Spot." Pence cut him off. I smiled and nodded politely, then looked back at Hayner. "As I was saying," Hayner cleared his throat. "To get to the hangout spot-"

"The USUAL Spot-"

"We get it, Pence!" Olette and Hayner shouted. I held a hand to my mouth and laughed to myself. They're such goofy teens, I thought.

Hayner sighed, trying to get his sentence out. "If you take the back alley, you'll find the USUAL spot." he exclaimed, emphasizing the word 'usual' just for Pence. I nodded as he ran to the back alley and quickly followed him.

"Wow..." I whispered in awe as I slowed down to take a look at their hangout spot -- Excuse me -- The Usual Spot. ;P

"This is amazing!" I threw my arms in the air. "There's a couch and everything!" I smiled. "Will I have the honor of joining your group and coming here with you guys everyday?" I asked, jokingly.

"Uhh..." they all mumbled. I arched a brow. "Huh?" I shook my head slightly. "Uh, I was only joking around!" I exclaimed.

"Hey!" someone behind me spoke up. "Someone's joining the group and none of you told ME about it?" that person pretended to sound offended and laughed.

I quickly turned around and jumped back slightly. "Woah!" I shrieked. "Sorry," he laughed. "I didn't mean to spook anyone."

I looked at Hayner, Pence, and Olette. Then at the other guy and we started to laugh. "Hey, you're not from here, are you?" the boy questioned. I shook my head. "Nope, I just woke up in this town and met these guys." I looked at my new friends and smiled.

"Roxas, we want you to meet our new friend." Olette made hand gestures towards me. "Roxas, Mèira. Mèira, Roxas."

"It's nice to meet you, Mèira." Roxas smiled. "It's a pleasure, Roxas." I nodded and smiled politely.
"So," Roxas walked to the couch and took a seat. "Is she really in the group?" he questioned.

Pence shrugged, Olette shrugged and Hayner looked away. Roxas scratched his head. "Well, if she does join, then our group will out number Seifer's gang." he exclaimed. "They have four people including Seifer." Roxas stated.

"Vivi, Fuu, Rai, and Seifer." Pence added.

"If Mèira joined, then we'd have FIVE people!" Roxas continued. "Me, Roxas, Olette, Hayner, and Mèira." Pence exclaimed, excitedly.

Olette nodded in agreement and looked at Hayner eagerly. Hayner smiled widely and crossed his arms. "You've got me convinced, pal." he patted Roxas' back. "You're in!" he smiled at me. "And now," he started to head outside. "Let's all celebrate!" he suggested.

"We'll bring her to the clock tower and eat sea salt ice cream!"

"Sea salt ice cream?" I cocked my head to the side. "That's a strange name." I replied. "You'll be surprised!" Roxas put a hand on my shoulder and gave a small nod, smiling.

I smiled back and gave a nod in response. Hayner made a hand gesture for us to head over to the clock tower and ran out with Olette and Pence quickly following him. Roxas walked on and looked back. "Ready to go?" he asked.

I nodded and walked along side with him. "Where did you come from?" Roxas suddenly asked as we walked through the plaza.

I shrugged. "I'm not too sure. I can't remember much about where I came from ever since I woke up here." I replied.

"Do you remember anything at all?" Roxas asked.

"I can remember a few faces but their names don't ring a bell." I said, looking at the sunset as I continued walking. "I remember that I drew pictures -- a lot of them. Most of those pictures were drawings of people." I spoke softly but loud enough for him to hear. "I had dreams of three close friends. They lived together on an island." I exclaimed.

Roxas nodded showing interest in what I was saying. "They talked about traveling to different worlds and having adventures."

"I've always wanted to meet them, and be friends with them but they were only people in my dreams. Nothing but my imagination." I said, sadly. "So to make sure I wouldn't ever forget them, I drew pictures of them."

"And then?" Roxas stopped walking and waited for me to answer. I stopped and turned around to him. "That's about it," I grinned. "Sorry!"

"Aww..." Roxas sulked. "That sounded like a great story." he exclaimed and his facial expression changed into a surprised one. "So you drew a lot of pictures?" he asked. "We're you like an artist?"

I shrugged and continued walking with him walking along with me. "I don't know if I'm exactly an artist." I replied. "I just like to draw." I exclaimed.

"Hey!" Hayner, who was waving his hands in the air, shouted. "Hurry up, Roxas! Mèira!" he cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled.

"C'mon, let's hurry!" Roxas turned to me. I gave a nod and he ran ahead, with me folloing him from behind. "What took you guys so long?" Pence crossed his arms. "We waited forever, for you guys!" he groaned.

"Sorry," Roxas laughed. "I was just asking her a few questions. "Just to get to know her a little more." he exclaimed. Hayner smirked. "I don't think Mèira is interested." he retorted.

Roxas' jaw dropped and formed a shocked expression on his face. "I didn't mean it like that!" he turned red. "What are you guys talking about?" I arched a brow, feeling confused.

"Nothing!" Hayner grinned widely. "Hahaha!" Olette, Pence, and Hayner laughed heartily. Roxas and I looked at eachother and shrugged.

After they stopped laughing, I walked to the stairs in front of the train station. "So, uh, where is this clock tower?" I asked breifly and turned to them.

"Follow." Hayner instructed. I gave a small nod and followed him.

-
-
-

I finally got to the clock tower. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! There was a perfect view of the sunset tinted sky. "Have a seat."

I turned to my right and saw Olette laying her hand on the ground next to her. She and Pence were sitting on the edge of the clock tower. I turned to my left and saw Roxas sitting as well. "Ah..." I looked down and carefully sat down.

I turned my head towards Olette and grinned, letting out a small but forced giggle. "Afraid of heights?" Roxas assumed. I turned my attention to Roxas with my jaw dropped open. "Huh?!" I felt my face turning red, ignoring his comment.

"Hahaha!" Olette and Pence chuckled. I grinned widely and laughed along with them. "Having fun without me?" a voice from behind spoke up, sounding a bit offended. "And I even went through all that trouble to bring you guys some sea salt ice cream!"

We all turned around to see Hayner holding five sticks of ice cream. "Thanks Hayner!" we said in unison. I closed my eyes and giggled for a few seconds before opening my eyes again to see a stick of sea salt ice cream in front of my face.

I looked up and saw Hayner handing it to me. "It's not as bad as it sounds." Hayner urged me to take it.

My eyes shifted from Hayner to the ice cream. "Thanks." I said softly and took it from his hand.

Hayner sat next to Pence. The order from left to right was Hayner, Pence, Olette, me and finally, Roxas. They all started to eat their ice creams. I watched them take their first bites, licks, or in Pence's case, gobble, and took a bite from my own. "Woah." I whispered to myself.

"How's it taste?" Roxas took the sea salt ice cream out of his mouth and looked at me. "Salty." I replied slowly. "No-- sweet!" I shrieked in amazment and grinned, letting out a small "Hee~" after.

We continued to watch the sunset until Roxas suddenly stood up and lost his balance. "ROXAS!" I dropped my ice cream and quickly got up, reaching my hand out to him. (This scene looks like the scene where Sora falls back into the water and drifts into the deep while Kairi is reaching her hand out to him in the intro of KH I.) "ROXAS!" I called out to him again as I watched him fall... slowly -- as if it were some sort of dream.

"Mèira!" I heard Roxas shout and I immediently closed my eyes.

"Roxas?"

"No. Not Roxas."

"Huh? You're not Roxas? Who are you?"

"You're name is Mèira..."

"Yeah, it is. But may I also know your name?"

"How did you get to this town? You're not supposed to be here."

"I don't know how I got here. But, I like it here. I want to stay here even though I'm not meant to be here."

"This... isn't right."

"What's going on? Could you please tell me?"

"..."

"Are you there? WAIT!"


I opened my eyes and saw Roxas still falling and getting closer and closer to the ground. "ROXAS-"

-
-
-

"AH!" I shrieked and shook my head to clear my thoughts. "Where... am I?" I looked around and found myself in a bed. The room I was in... looked interesting. A flashing star was hanging on my wall, I had a lamp with a heart shaped lamp shade. I looked at my clothes and realized I was wearing pajyamas.

I stood up and walked to what I thought was a closet. I opened the door and put on a new set of clothes.

"Was all that just a dream?" I asked my self as I walked out to the plaza. Wait, if this was all a dream, then I wouldn't be in this town right now. I would be back in my own world... If I can actually remember where my home was...

Suddenly, I remembered Olette, Hayner, Pence, and Roxas. My eyes widened. "ROXAS!" I shouted, having images of his accidental fall at the clock tower flashing in my head. I ran down the back alley way and into the usual spot.

I slowed down as I came inside. "Hey there." Olette smiled, sitting on the couch with Pence. "Did you have fun at the clock tower yesterday?" she asked, waiting eagerly for my answer. I raised my eye brows in shock. "Didn't you guys see him fall off the tower?!"

Pence arched a brow. "Huh?" he looked confused. "See who fall off the tower?"

"Roxas!" I replied. "What are you talking about?" Hayner walked over to me. "Roxas only stood up to walk inside the tower and go down." he exclaimed. "You followed him and then we decided to go along too."

"Hey guys." Roxas walked in, doing his signature, 'scratching the side of his head'. "Did you guys... see?" he asked, a little worried. "See what?" Olette questioned.

"I... fell off the clock tower yesterday." Roxas exclaimed. "And then I just woke up in my bed just when I was about to hit the ground." he added. Pence, Olette, and Hayner exchanged confused glances at eachother and shrugged.

"You two are definetely out of it today." He placed on hand on my shoulder and the other on Roxas' shoulder. "No more ice cream for you." he laughed and walked out.

Pence and Olette stood up and walked over to us. "You two will be all right." Olette assured and they both followed Hayner out.

Roxas sighed. "I guess I am out of it today..." he looked down with an upset look. "Roxas," I spoke up.

He turned around and faced me. "Huh?"

"I saw you fall. You stood up and lost your balance. You fell off the tower and I reached my hand out to you and-"

"Did you hear a voice?" Roxas questioned. My eyes widened and I nodded. "Yeah! Did you?" Roxas gave a nod. "The voice that was speaking to me. She said her name was Kairi."

"Oh..." I nodded. "The strange voice told me that I wasn't supposed to be here." I exclaimed, sadly. Roxas put a hand on my shoulder and patted it. "Don't listen to that. Everyone has a reason." We started walking and followed Hayner and the others.

"A reason for what?" I arched a brow. Roxas shrugged. "Everything." he chuckled.

I smiled, feeling a little better.