Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams of the Soul ❯ Hades ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 14 Hades
 
Deep, deep in the underground, the world below, that which lives in darkness in death, and is named the underworld, Hades, Lord of that place, who is powerful indeed and word, evil in heart and mind, who cannot die because he is lord over the dead, paced. He paced as he thought. Then, he stopped, and turned to the man who stood, black robes and golden chains hiding his face, nearby. “That brat is back. And he has more meddlesome friends. Great! Wonderful! Don't I have enough trouble to deal with now that Zeus and those idiots on Olympus have found themselves more champions? And now the Kid that has twice ruined my Greatest Schemes, that has personally beaten me 3 times, is back, AND he brought BACKUP!? Oh this is great, this is wonderful. Perfect, just what i… you know something, maybe this is just what I needed. Those brats will be perfect for what I have in mind. Never know what hit them. They can play right into my hands, and they'll never know they did it. At least, not until it's too late.”
 
He turned to the hooded man. “Xrigege, I need you to do a few things for me up on the surface.”
 
The man bowed. “Of course, Lord Hades. You need only ask, and I will see that it occurs.”
 
“I need you to manipulate meg, and those two backup heroes, and that brat of theirs, into getting caught. I don't care how, just make sure one of that keyblade brat or one of his friends sees it happen. And make sure they don't interfere. You can do that, can't you?”
 
“Of course I can Lord Hades. Manipulation is my specialty. I shall begin immediately.” He bowed, and vanished in a portal of darkness.
 
Hades went and sat on his chair. To no one, or perhaps to the souls of the dead, or perhaps to some other evil, he said, “I gotta get me more guys like him. Good help is so hard to come by these days.”
 
 
Musouka charged the barrels. He spun, making an upwards slice from bottom left to top right. It took out the two barrels. He hopped up caught the barrel with his blade, and rotating once, tossed it into a set of 4. they all smashed. He leaped swing to the next lvl, knocking the barrel flying, and then, with a, “Destroyer, Obliterate!” he took out the final barrel.
 
Phil called out, “time, 30.2 seconds. Not bad kid, 25 barrels down in just over half a minute. You ain't no ace, but I've seen worse from aspiring heroes. That puts you at the lead over sora, Draco, and Hayner. Xonic, your next.”
 
Xonic stepped forward, drew both swords, and shot forwards, wiping out barrels in swift order. He moved like lightning, finishing with a time of 15.6 seconds. Everyone was astonished. Of course, Xonic was so tired afterwards, he collapsed, unable to move, and just lay there till they moved him. “well kid, you're fast, I'll give you that. But I since your so tired afterwards, I'd have to say you gotta lot of work to do. You'd be dead 2 seconds later if you can't even fight back.”
 
“right, I'm next. Watch me Xonic, I'll finish these barrels even faster, and I won't be nearly that tired.” Ray walked forward, and took stance. He grinned happily, and he seemed to change to a red form. His bandage disappeared from round his eyes. Phil said, “Go!” Ray shot forward, and in a smooth, graceful, and swift fashion, obliterated all the barrels in 12 seconds flat. He stopped glowing red, his bandage reappeared, and he walked off to sit down, like he hadn't even been working at all.
 
“not bad kid. Got some talent there. Might give Herc here a run for his money someday. Riku, you're up. Think you can beat twelve seconds?”
 
“well, yeah, I do. In fact, I know I can.” He shot forward as phil started the clock, and using his dark aura, took out all the barrels in 9 seconds, he didn't have to go far.
 
“DF, your turn. no backing out.” Riku grinned at Sora, who was incensed that his time of 32.1 seconds had been beaten by, so far, everyone except Hayner and Draco. Musouka just laughed at the look, and everyone cracked up. DF was hoping everyone would forget he had yet to go, since he didn't want to spend the effort, and he didn't really feel like showing everyone up.
 
“Come on DF, go already. You can't do too bad.”
 
“Yeah, maybe you'll at least come close to Hayner.”
 
“Close is if he's really lucky. Regular luck will be close to a minute.”
 
“Alright, you want to play like that…” was all he said as he walked over. He turned to phil and asked, “We just have to take out all the barrels, right? Doesn't matter how?”
 
“no, just take them out.”
 
“alright, say go already.”
 
“Whatever kid. Go.”
 
25 knight heartless appeared and attacked the 25 barrels, finishing them all in about 3 seconds. Then DF dismissed them. He turned to the others, who were all starring. Then Ray shouted, “no fair, he just had the heartless do it for him.”
 
“yeah, I mean, we were just teasing you so you'd do it, but then you're going to go and have the heartless do it for you!” Hayner protested.
 
Phil stepped in. “Strategically kid, that was brilliant. But I think they all thought of this as a test of personal skill.”
 
Df looked sour, sighed, and said. “Ah well, I'm too lazy to waste the effort. Although I do think I'd have at least beaten Hayner and Draco.”
 
“yeah right! You couldn't actually beat me in a million years!” Draco shouted.
 
“Well, guess I'll have to wait a million and one then, and have another go.” DF replied.
 
The lot of them started cracking up at that one. “Hey phil, there food around this place, I'm hungry!”
 
“Me too!”
 
Everyone agreed, so Phil turned to Herc, and asked, “Well champ, think they earned lunch?”
 
“yeah, I think we can let them have that much for their training performance. I'll race you all there. Last one there washes up!” and raced off, watching as the others jogged off.
 
Hayner tripped and fell behind, so he rounded the corner last, and that's why he saw something no one else did.