Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams of the Soul ❯ Kidnapping ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15, Kidnapping, also entitled, “Sentence, Execution!”
 
Christina was running from the other way, trying to get away from something. Something dark. Heartless. Hayner didn't stop to think, he just charged at the heartless, but a bunch popped up in his way. He started fighting through them, but by the time he did, Christina, who was calling, “Hayner, hurry, help! Don't let them get me too!” as she tried to fight them off, was caught, and was being dragged off. A portal of darkness appeared.
 
Hayner got mad. Really mad. But he didn't let it get in his way. He used it to bash, with the bat side of his blade, a bunch of heartless out of his way, and he charged. He caught the rear, leapt, and shouted, without knowing what he said. “Sentence Execution!” and the axe head lit up like a Christmas tree. He chopped through every heartless in his way with one slash, which freed Christina. He grabbed her, and pulled her away.
 
Draco, attracted by the sounds, came back, to see Hayner supporting Christina as he pulled her away. He charged at the Pursuing Heartless. `Hayner, just get her out of here, these guys I can handle myself.” He did, and Hayner took Christina to the Coliseum equivalent of a food court, or cafeteria, restaurant, lunch line, whatever it is you like calling it. Draco caught up just as they arrived.
 
Musouka leapt forward. “What happened?” He said, as he dashed over to help Christina.
 
“Heartless attacked. They were chasing her, tried to drag her off. I saw it, and managed, with a little help from sabaki, to stop them. But she's fainted. I think they didn't harm her though. She said, `Don't let them get me too!' who else did they take?”
 
Corim's face went pale. “Crystal and Mera. They must have believed whoever is controlling the heartless already had Christina.”
 
Sora took a step toward Corim, “Maybe it wasn't …”
 
He was interrupted by an awakening Christina, who screamed, “Mom! Dad!” She was fainting, and she had a cold sweat. Draco was immediately to her side, cutting Hayner off, yet still DF beat him there.
 
“Are you alright?”
 
She nodded, then shivered and started crying on his shoulder. Draco stared on mournfully, Hayner shrugged.
 
Meanwhile Corim, seeing that Christina was otherwise alright, began to walk off. Eagle stopped him. “Wait.”
 
“No! They are my family, my only remaining family, and I will Ssave them! If you get in my way, I will kill you!”
 
Eagle didn't back down, even though almost everyone else in the room took a step backwards. DF was too busy trying to comfort a weeping Christina, who was starting to compose herself. It's difficult for anyone who has just so recently regained her family, or his family, to lose them again in so horrifying a manner.
 
“I'm not standing in your way. I'm offering to help.” He stared straight into Corim's eyes.
 
Corim did not tear his gaze away, but stared resolutely back. There still wasn't a person who had actually made Corim avert his gaze. “Fine, let's go.” Eagle stepped aside and fell into step. A portal of darkness appeared.
 
Sora realized they were going to the underworld. “Wait, you need the Olym… “
 
Corim didn't even pause. “I have no need of it. I have already stared death in the eyes, and it was he that backed down.”
 
Eagle made his own comment. “I'll be fine kid. Ray, you have the com unit.” He didn't need an answer. They vanished.
 
No sooner had the portal closed than there was a flash of smoke and flame, and, you guessed it, Hades.
 
“Well Hello Hello Hello There, how are we all these evening gents and Lady? Sad and mournful I trust? Well guess what? I'm not here to dry those tears, just to add to them. I,” And he snapped his hands, windows appeared. “Have captured the Zeroes of the Coliseum, Mera and Crystal. If you want them back, You'll have to do just what I tell you.” Crystal and Mera were visible, chained, tied, and imprisoned.
 
“You will,” He paused, glancing around, noting the absence of Corim and Eagle. “Weren't there 11 of you kids? Oh well, 9'll do. You will have to compete, 3 of you, in a tournament against the Mighty Hercules! And Four other dudes. If you don't, Crystal there is going to fall into the River of the dead, and none of you have a hope of saving her if she does, or of finding her location and freeing her beforehand. Now, not only do you have to compete, but you have to beat Hercules in the final round. And Blunder boy here has to fight through from the bottom just like the rest of you.”
 
“Now, who to make compete? How about… The Brat (Sora), the Other brat,” here he indicated Hayner, “And the Dragon kid next to him.”
 
Sora looked at Hayner and Draco, then at Herc. “We can do that, no problem.”
 
“Oh, but you've got to fight your absolute hardest. If you don't, I'll know, and goodbye goes dear little Crystal.” Hades added, mockingly.
 
He turned to the others. “Now, I'm also holding a series of 5 tournaments in the Underdrome. Each of you next five have to fight, and win, successively. If even one of you loses, the rest won't get to fight, the loser gets bound to the underworld, and Mera goes bye bye. He'll be locked up in the Underworld's Second deepest Dungeon for all eternity. And little Mr. Dreamer over there, You have to face Me.”
 
“Of course, there's option two. Everybody hand me your keyblades, and that little lady there, and your most sacred vow never to save the world again or interfere with any of my plans, and the two Zeroes go free.”
 
Musouka spoke, in a voice that dripped more venom than anything even Hades had ever heard. “Not on your existence Hades. We'll fight in your tournaments, and I'll personally send you to someplace you can never return from. Now get lost.” He was glowing black. The darkness was swirling around him.
 
“Uh, right, Later Losers.” He vanished.