Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Evanescence Of Fantasies ❯ Lithium ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
LITHIUM

"Lithium, don't want to lock me up inside.Lithium, don't want to forget how it feels without...Lithium, I want to stay in love with my sorrow.Oh, but God, I want to let it go.Come to bed, don't make me sleep alone.Couldn't hide the emptiness, you let it show.Never wanted it to be so cold.Just didn't drink enough to say you love me.I can't hold on to me,Wonder what's wrong with me."

-Lithium, Evanescence
---
Riku let out a long breath of air as he watched Lenne sit numbly against the bathroom wall. This was completely knew to him and he had no idea what to do. It was like having your best friend completely wasted; vomit everywhere, except this wasn't vomit it was blood and it wasn't his best friend, it was Lenne.

"Um...ok, look. First we're going to clean you up and get you some new clothes." He eyed her bloody black dress, "Black isn't your color anyways."

She peered at him; the frightened and lost look still in her eyes, "Funny how you can joke at a time like this." She replied numbly.

He frowned. Ok, humor's not gonna work. "Look, Lenne, the way I see it...it's not your fault. You had a blackout like I did earlier. What ever you did between the time you walked into the bathroom through the time you woke up on the floor wasn't you. So technically your not responsible for what ever it is you...did...but you didn't do...got it?"

Lenne looked at him; her mouth ajar in confusion, "I think I know what you're talking about but it doesn't change the fact that I probably hurt someone, Riku!"

Riku thought a moment, rubbing his chin in decision, "Not to mention the cops are probably looking for you about now."

"Riku!" Lenne gasped in horror, "You're not helping here!"

"Sorry! I'm just stating the facts!" He replied hastily, "And sensitivity isn't exactly my cup of tea, ok!"

Lenne blinked, "I can tell." She muttered.
"What's that suppose to mean?" He asked, his eyes narrowing.

"Can we just concentrate here?" She asked. The last thing she wanted to do was argue with him, especially now. "I'll...I'll clean myself up and you go out into town and find me some new clothes."

"Fine...just don't go anywhere." He didn't have to look at her to know she rolled her eyes. "And don't blame me if the clothes I buy you are crappy. I suck when it comes to shopping."

"Just...nothing black." She replied.

He nodded, figuring she wouldn't like that color. Before walking out their hotel room he grabbed the oblivion, just in case.

---
Lenne sighed, running a hand through her long brown hair before glancing down at herself once more.

"I'm a mess." She said to an empty room. She pulled herself off the floor and made her way to the bathroom mirror, gazing at her reflection in shame. Blood was everywhere. It wasn't just on her dress but on her face, in her hair, and all over her hands. What did I do? She closed her eyes and tried to think of the last thing she could remember. She remembered entering the bathroom...then a lightbulb went out. Her eyes snapped open, "Samara!" She turned to see the remaining glass of the broken bulb still on the ground. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! She hit herself in the forehead three times before groaning in frustration. Stay out of the dark, Lenne! She reminded herself.

Her hand automatically went to the thing around her neck. Her necklace. She was still wearing it so how did Samara succeed in possessing her? I thought as long as I had this on she couldn't possess me! Shaking her head; she reminded herself to find that book and quick!

---
Riku glanced around the small crowded shop. He had no idea what size Lenne wears and he just realized he was broke. Great...now I'm forced to steal. I've been demoted from a guardian to a thief.

"May I help you, sir?"

Riku turned to see a chubby man smiling at him. He was way too cheerful and Riku hated it.

"Clothes."

"Well, of course, sir! This is a clothes shop afterall!" The man replied happily. "Let's see..." The man eyed Riku's attire, "You seem to like yellow! Very nice! That color is in this year too so..."

"I need a dress...anything but black." Riku interrupted as he looked at the feminine side of the shop. They had pretty decent clothes. He was thankful for their love of bright colors.

The man blinked; his chubby face flushing a dark pink, "Uh...if that's what you want, sir...but...uh...it's going to be hard to find a dress to fit your shoulders..."

"It's not for me, you moron!" Riku replied angrily, "It's for my...uh...sister."

"Right." The man nodded, "And what color dress would your sister like?"

Riku didn't like the way this man was mocking him. He controlled his anger for both their sakes and stalked towards the dresses; leaving the man by himself.

---
"Do ya think Riku's with King Mickey?" Sora asked as he continued walking the long dirt road; Goofy and Donald beside him.

"Of course! He has to be!" Donald replied, trying to keep pace with them, "We saw them get locked up together! King Mickey wouldn't leave Riku to defend for himself!"

"Yeah, that's unkingly." Goofy added.

Sora scratched the back of his head, "I don't know...something in my mind keeps telling me they aren't together." He shrugged, "Maybe it's just a hunch."

"A hunch?" Goofy and Donald asked in unison.

"Yeah...I get those a lot, ya know."

"That's because you barely think." Donald muttered wryly.

"Hey! I heard that!" Sora yelled, glaring at Donald angrily.

Donald grinned, "Even if Riku is alone. Don't ya think he can take care of himself, Sora?"

"Yeah, but-" Sora thought a moment, "But Riku still has that darkness in him, right? What if it overpowers him or something? What if he needs light? What if he needs my help?"

"Gawrsh, Sora, we never thought about it like that." Goofy replied.

"You don’t think Riku'll join the dark side again, do ya?" Donald asked.

"..." Sora was silent as they continued to walk.

---
"That's a nice dress!" A girl exclaimed as she approached Riku.
"...thanks." He replied, his eyes still on the purple attire in his arms.

"For your...girlfriend?" She asked curiously.

Riku's eyes widened in shock as he turned to look at the girl next to him. She was smiling happily as she gazed lovingly at him. Great, I have a fan now. He thought wryly. "Actually, yes it is. You think she'd like it?" He asked.

The girl frowned in disappointment. "Yeah...sure...whatever." She replied grimly.

"Good." He gave her a satisfied smile before returning to his browsing of the clothing.

"Hey! Did you hear about the man that was murdered in his hotel room?" She asked, not getting the hint that he wanted to be alone.

Some people just don't..."Wait...what?" He asked, his attention all on her now. "What man?"

She smirked, "A man was murdered in his hotel room! Pretty brutal too. Cops think it was his wife due to the fact they had a huge fight infront of various of witnesses. They say she chopped him up into little pieces...pretty gross, huh? Blood was everywhere! It's going down in Traverse Town history as the worst murder ever! Not even the heartless did that much damage."

Riku took in the girl's words as his eyes wandered the shop. He spotted the cops dispersed around the shop asking questions. "Crap!" He dropped the dress as he rushed towards shop door. He had to hurry and get to Lenne before the cops got to their room and began asking her questions. She was in no condition to answer them; knowing her she'd probably crack under pressure and tell them the truth.

"Hey! You never told me your name!" The girl yelled. She watched in anger as Riku pushed his way out the shop, "Boys are so rude!"

---
"What do you want? I'm busy." Marluxia asked as he continued reading the reports on his desk. The other member must not have heard his irritation because they still stood in his doorway; watching him work. Marluxia sighed and peered up to see Zexion staring intently at him. "Once again I ask: what do you want? I'm busy."

"You act like I wanted to be the delivery boy...but since no one can seem to find Demyx, I have to give you the stupid gift from the superior." Zexion replied as he moved out of Marluxia's sight for awhile. Curiosity got the best of Marluxia as he placed the reports down to stare impatiently at the door.

Zexion reappeared in the doorway. His hand held onto something but Marluxia couldn't see what it was. "I assume you got your assignment from the superior already?"

Marluxia nodded, "I was reading it until I was so rudely interrupted."

Zexion smirked arrogantly, "It was all my pleasure." He pulled the thing into view. A young blonde girl dressed in a little plain white dress gazed innocently at Marluxia. Her big blue eyes took in Marluxia's intimidating pose. "Here, don't ever say I never got you anything."

Marluxia grinned in satisfaction as his gaze softened upon the girl, "And who is this?"

"Namine." Zexion responded; pushing the girl further into the room. She reluctantly walked closer to Marluxia so he could get a better view of her. "She's a witch or something. Seems to like to draw." Zexion tossed a pad and pencil onto the ground by Namine's feet. "Hurry and become acquainted. The superior wants to see us all soon." Zexion turned and walked out the door; leaving Namine and Marluxia alone.

Marluxia smiled as he stroked the girl's cheek lovingly, "Do not be afraid, Namine. You and I will get along just well as long as you obey my commands, got it?"

Namine nodded obediently.

"Good. Now let's see what you can do."

---
"Lenne! We have to...OH GOD!" Riku paused as Lenne quickly covered herself up. She turned her back to him as she hastily looked for her black dress.

"Don't you knock?" She snapped at him. Glancing back, she found him still gaping at her, "Riku!"

"Huh?" He asked; shaking out of his daze, "Um...I thought you were still going to be in the shower...sorry." Riku didn't even bother to look away as her death glare darkened.

"Stop looking!" She shouted at him. Being half naked infront of him was more then uncomfortable. He didn't seem to mind much though. "And will you close the door? I don't want any other people to walk by and see me."

"Sure." He replied; shutting the door as he grinned at her.

Lenne rolled her eyes, "Did you at least get a dress for me?" She asked.

"Shoot!" Riku replied; smacking himself in the forehead as he remembered the forgotten attire.

"I'll take that as a 'no'." Lenne replied wryly. She noticed he still wasn't looking away. "So much for you being a gentleman." She commented, tightening the towel around her chest.

Riku opened his mouth to reply but the scar on her back caught his entire attention. "What is that?" He asked, reaching out to caress the scar softly.

Lenne stifled back a gasp as she felt the familiar coolness of Riku's fingers on her back. Don't react to it...don't react to it! She told herself as her eyes closed tightly.

Riku didn't notice her discomfort as he continued to examine the unique scar, "It's the shape of the heartless emblem. When did you get this?"

"I can't remember but it was a long time ago...when I was younger." She replied, her voice alittle shaky.

"And you were going to tell me about this when?" He asked. She could sense the disapproval coming from him as he peered at her.

Her eyes snapped open to look at him in confusion, "It matters?"

"Of course it matters, Lenne! If I'm going to be your guardian then I need to know everything about you."

"Well it's a good thing you seen me half naked then, huh?" She replied. She turned to face him so he'd stop touching her back. The contact was distracting. "I have a birthmark on my thigh if you wanna see that too." Lenne's eyes widened as she realized what she just said, "I...I didn't mean..." What was more shocking to her is that she succeeded in causing Riku to blush.

"I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear that." He replied before turning; not wanting to let her see his flushed face. "Sorry I forgot the dress but we have to leave now."

"Why now?" She asked curiously; making her way to the bathroom.

"Cops are asking questions. You sliced a man to pieces."

There was a loud crash from the bathroom. "I what?"

Riku resisted the urge to turn and look at her. "The couple that was arguing earlier in the hall...the man was found chopped up. They think the wife did it."

"What?...no...I have to do something! I have to tell them it was me!" Lenne rushed out the bathroom to make her way to the front door.

"Are you nuts?" Riku asked grabbing her by the wrist before she could get to the doorknob. He knew she was going to try to turn herself in. Did she want to be thrown in prison? "You're not confessing! Especially not in that!"

Lenne looked down, remembering she was still in her towel. "I have to do something, Riku! An innocent woman can be going to jail because of me!"
He shrugged, "Better her then you."

Lenne gaped at him, "How can you say that? How can you be so-"

"Heartless?" He asked, cutting her off. He released her wrist as he moved to sit on the bed, staring intently at her. "Runs in my blood, remember?"

Lenne sighed, "I wasn't going to say that."

"You wanted to."

Lenne moved forward to sit next to him; not caring about her lack of clothing anymore. "Fine. We'll do things your way. You are the guardian after all." She saw him nod slowly out of the corner of her eyes. "Did you not get enough sleep? You look exhausted." And he did, he looked completely out of it. She still hasn't got any rest but she was feeling fine. "I'll change while you take a little nap."

"I'm not tired." He muttered before flopping back on the bed; his eyes fluttering shut.

She rose from the bed; smirking, "Don't be stubborn, Riku. Get some rest. I'll wake you up when I'm ready, ok?"

"But you don't have any other clothes." He replied.

"Actually I do have an old dressphere with me."

Riku opened an eye to peer at her, "A what?"

"You'll see." Was all she said before she walked back into the bathroom; shutting the door. The light sounds of the shower and Lenne's singing had Riku out in no time.

---
"Take a good long look at these three pictures because these three are what can make or break our plans." Xemnas said as three images showed up on the screen.

All the members peered at the pictures of the two females and one male.

"Is that...?"

"Yes, number 3, that's her." Xemnas answered.

"How did you obtain a picture of the Princess of Darkness? I thought all images of her were destroyed...or at least concealed in the darkest parts of the worlds." Zexion said.

"We got lucky." Xemnas replied, "The image in the middle is a picture of Lenne. She seems to be some sacrifice for Princess Samara. It seems Samara can't walk the worlds without a substitute body."

"Some Princess." Larxene snorted, crossing her arms.

"She's cute. Who gets her?" Xigbar asked, referring to the picture of the raven haired woman.

Xemnas glared at him, "Don't even think about it. Don't any of you think about it. No one is to associate with Princess Samara...she can be very...seductive."

"And the other girl? No one gets her either?" Axel asked, elbowing the young blonde next to him, "She looks fun, huh, Roxas?"

Roxas nodded silently in reply.

"That one's mine to handle." Xemnas answered, "Only problem is him."

"Him?" Marluxia asked incredulously as he looked at the picture Xemnas was pointing at, "He doesn't look so tough."

"Looks aren't everything. You of all people should know that." Vexen replied; receiving a death glare from the young member.

"We have plans for Riku." Xemnas smirked.