Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Eyes On Fire ❯ 1CracKUp ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey guys :] This story is a spin off of something that has happened to someone that I know.
Title: I got the title 'Eyes on fire' by Blue Foundation was the song that was playing when I thought of title is going to change though.
This story will be a strong rating of T.
Here we go!:)
Disclaimer: I own nothing!

XxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxX
Silence was the only sound heard. It was such a silence that you didn't want to breathe for you feared it would disturb the feel surrounding you. It was such a silence that it seemed it came to life itself eloped its body around you, trapping you.
All eyes were on one woman, this one woman who held their very lives in their hands. She was a statue of authority, her demeanor suggesting she probably stood above everyone here.
That's why this reward she was about to give to one, just one person here, was so important, especially to a single certain woman.
“It is time; I will now be presenting the award for woman of the year. This reward is given in regards to all of WOU or Women of Unity to this one young lady who can represent all qualities of a true woman. In high school she accomplished becoming representative of NHS and was valedictorian of her class. This achievement demonstrated her ingenious mind and her steel determination. She was leader of the debate club whose victories are known across Radiant Garden and was the drum major of her school marching band. Let's also tally that she recycles daily and visits the elderly on a regular basis. This exhibited her qualities in not only being amiable, a leader and inquisitive but being an active member in the community.” The woman spoke pompously, with conviction in her voice. Whoever was about to acquire this reward would be looked upon highly, perhaps, as high as this woman herself.
“The most inspiring thing about this young lady though, is her and her sister's struggle. This woman alone is supporting her twin sister through her fight with Crohn's disease. She is studying to become a doctor in hopes of aiding those, like her sister, who are suffering .I, Quistis Trepe, hand the award of woman of the year to…Kairi Hikari!”
Kairi slowly took a breath and became calmer. Shoulders relaxing and her trembling hands stilled.
And then elation like no other.
Kairi rose from her delicate chair, instantly missing its comfort. But as soon as she locked her blue violet eyes with Quistis's royal blue ones she knew that she had earned this, and deserved to feel proud of herself.
|
So she smiled. This made many men in the hall become even more entranced in her beauty. From when she had first entered the room she had already spread her dazzling beauty through the halls making anything and everything. Her sangria hair pulled into a tight, high bun. Her cream skin was magical against her simple, but elegant strapless black dress that flattered every contour of her body.

Never shall I be looked down upon a man again.
She approached to the steps, the steps leading to her proof of her worth in this world, the proof for her continuing to live her dream even though her soul had been stained in the process; stained with her sister's pain, her pain, all because of men and that godforsaken family of hers.
If she could ever call them family, that is.

I refuse to fail to any man.
She was at the top of the steps, facing her only proof of the work she had done paying off, and it was only until then when she noticed the crowd.
All of them gaping at her, most of them looked happier than her parents ever have been. Their deep, forte clapping filled her with pride. Kairi saw them as jewels, all of these unknown people. The ballroom was extravagant; tapestries of majestic angels littered the bright walls. Bright white lights gave the hall an angelic glow that shrouded her with warmth. The tiled floor was spotless. She felt her eyes glaze over, she didn't want to cry. Woman of the year should show no sign of weakness.
She touched the trophy. It was simple looking, a golden figure of a woman with a stiff hand over her chest and head firmly held high, and she had earned it.
It was only then she began to cry. Her tears were of a broken angel.

XxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxX
“That's all very interesting, sweetie, it really is. How about we head over to the bar and then to my place to celebrate,” he put emphasis on the word celebrate as he leant over the round table that separated them, whispering with putrid breath into her delicate ear.
It was after kairi had been ambushed with questions which she gave hushed, dead answers to and the night had calmed down, everyone congregating into their own groups. Kairi thought it was over, but no sooner had she had the chance to relax and figure out her thoughts was when the pigs began to clamber over and try their pathetic attempts to fool her into their bed.

This man is going to have to try harder if he wants to screw `Woman of the year', despicable, how men like this show their faces to a place like this.
Kairi blinked at him and then veered backwards to elude his smell,” Mhm, well, seems you have already been to the bar judging by your ghastly breath. And if you had any god damn sense what's-so-ever you wouldn't interrupt a woman in a middle of a conversation, especially since you just had to insist on getting me to tell you my life's story, bastard. You know why I'm here? Of course you don't, I'm here because of people like you, people like you who kill someone every night because you're drunk and have the brilliant idea to drive.” She spat at him rising from where she sat.
Mad with rage, she proceeded for the exit.
At once she was stopped,”Whoa, whoa hey there, kai, you can't just go and scamper off now,” a woman said with a laugh stumbling over herself and having to grab kairi's shoulder to steady herself,” this party is for yoooooou,” her slurred voice sounded.
Kairi turned on her heel;”Yuffie, come with me, your drunk and I will not allow you to be alone,” Yuffie looked at her blankly, and then laughed obnoxiously, her earrings dangling in the air.
Some may think it's odd for someone like kairi to be friends with this Yuffie, but kairi believed in helping out women like these…
Yuffie Kisaragi was a petite built woman but made up for it in her full personality, her raven black hair was shimmering ,beautiful bangs complementing her heart shaped face with stunning Japanese features. Her dress was forest green and anything but modest; her coal eyes were missing their usual light.
“Kairi, if it is alright, I ask the same thing of you, please stay,” Quistis Trepe asked with a small smile as she arrived to where the young women conversed. She crossed her arms and some strands of her golden blonde hair fell onto her face. The rest was held up, like kairi's, in a bun.
Kairi gave her a light smile, “Well, you see my predicament here,” She nodded towards Yuffie who in return, exclaimed `what',” and frankly, I don't feel like talking to anymore of these idiots,” she nodded to the man who had hit on her.
“You were always different from others, Miss Hikairi; you don't belong with everyone else here. But, you have to realize, not every man is the same. Not all men are heartless, and I know you've been through a lot with your sister—“
“Ok, Quistis, I'm leaving…Thanks, for everything,” Kairi intruded before she could say anymore.
////////////
Kairi leaned heavily on the pillar beside her, her emotionless eyes scanning the parking lot for her white Pontiac.
`Where's that damn valet parker' she thought bitterly to herself.
She had spoiled her own night, and she knew it,”Oh god, Namine, I wish you were here,” feeling a wave of despair come over her. Why must she always feel this way when everything was going perfect for her? She was in her last year of her undergrad classes and had a part time job as a waitress. She had a nice apartment, dog, friends, and plenty of nights to party. And well, after college was done she'd probably go on and become filthy rich being a doctor in all.
So what was wrong?
Kairi I've been vultus vobis,” a honeyed voice came.
Kairi knew that captivating voice anywhere, and she was actually glad to hear it. She turned gleefully and embraced her friend,”Oh, Penelo,” Kairi whispered.
Penelo returned the embrace her eyes scrunching as her smile spread from ear to ear ,” You're sic pulsus tonight, Kairi, Namine quod Roxas es sic superbus of vobis,” she stressed with a caring smile.
“Penelo, stay away from the Latin tonight, I don't think I'll be able to keep up!” Kairi replied jokingly, her shoulders shaking in laughter as she put her sweaty palms together behind her back.
Penelo Adrian was going into college with her priority language, particularly though it was a dead language, she still insisted on learning to voice it thoroughly. Her hair was down and graced with two hair pins; she looked absolutely opposite of Yuffie. Penelo was flawless in a navy blue long dress with tall high heels.
“I am very sorry Kairi, I will,” she laughed,” thank you, for inviting me to this beautiful place, it is an honor,”
Kairi placed her hands on both her friends shoulders,” No, Penelo, it was an honor to me,”
The delightful moment with the two friends was interrupted when Yuffie, drunk as a skunk, came dizzily making her way over to the parking lot. Her hair swung in her face stupidly as man on her arms with a dirty grin on his face led her to his truck.
`Oh, heck no,'
Kairi and Penelo reached her just before she got into the man's truck and snatched their crazed friend from his arms much to the man disappointment.
Penelo looked upon Yuffie sadly as they tugged her across the lot. Kairi was pissed.
“You take her, Penelo” Kairi spat,” I don't want to see her anymore,” the valet parker had arrived with her car.
“Please don't be too mad, Kairi,” Penelo pleaded.
“Sorry, Penelo, it might be over between us, this is getting stupid,” referring to Yuffie,”be safe, Penelo, get home safe, please” Kairi added before entering her car.
As the engine began with a mighty heave kairi felt as if she had entered a new world. She was finally to herself. She leaned back against the soft car seat and let out a heavy sigh.
After she had finally collected herself, she began the travel home.
XxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXxxxxxxxxxxX
Have you found a man yet, girl” a man bellowed. He resembled a beast, his fangs bared and his eyes glimmered darkly.
N-no dad ,I do not wish to be married,” a younger kairi of 5 years stood before the beast, the girl was ant to him, and he was holding the magnifying glass over her.
You women know your role here, get a man, get knocked up, and serve us dinner—“

She began to tremble but refused to beg.

She refused to beg him not to hurt her, so everyday, bruises, scratches and pain.

But she would not give in.

///////////
And that's why she had ended up with that bastard ex boyfriend of hers.
The first time the bastard had broke her, she had been in the shower, her bliss torn from her soul and shamelessly discarded for his pleasure.
But not only was her innocence stolen, any trust she had left for a man had been stabbed with burning fury.
She found it hard to focus on the road, memories swirling in her head. Shoulders heaving, she began to get choked up and her vision blurred.
Why?
Why was she so stupid?
Why did she let Namine get into the stuff she did?
Her despair would probably be etched in her heart forever—
“Oh shi—“Kairi quickly swerved the wheel swiftly to the right to avoid a dumbstruck squirrel. Her vehicle threw itself onto the side of the road, the car almost tipping over and creaking in agony.
Kairi sat bewildered for a moment her face masked with fear and surprise. And then, for the second time that night, began to cry waterfalls of tears.
“Oh mommy, mommy!” she wailed,” why don't you love me! Why! Mommy...” her screams bringing distress to the wilderness around her. She slammed her head against the wheel and the horn sounded. She threw herself around her car, her brain numbing each time she slammed it.
Woman of the year was a weak girl.
Her trembling hands reached for her cell phone, slowly she dialed `260-7035' she memorized that number along time ago.
“Hello?” a deep, caring voice came.
“R-Ro-Roxas,” she trembled, “Please come, o-on your skate board, I'm on Glen street,” she trembled.
“Oh, Kai, I'll be right there!”
XxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX xxxxxxxX
There was one man kairi trusted. She thought Roxas would be so disappointed with her, for being weak, but never, ever has he thought she was weak, but felt her inner strength was commendable.
Roxas was driving now, making sure took keep an eye on kairi, giving her small smiles. He ran one hand through his blond spikes, his cerulean eyes tired, but kairi was his best friend so he was going to stay beside her.
He was a dazzling young man. At one time Kairi thought she was in love with him, but realized he was the brother she never had.
Kairi had stopped her excessive crying, and was breathing normally now. They had stopped to get a smoothie and were close to her apartment.
“I wish I could've been at the ceremony, and by the way, you look stunning tonight” Roxas said, his face saddening.
“Roxas, you know it's alright, you have an exam coming up and you had to study,” they graced each other with a smile.
“Were you remembering them again?” He asked.
“Mhm,” she hummed, sipping her smoothie contently and then placing it in the cup holder.
“They're no good for you, remember, all your friends, Lucky, Namine and I are always here” Roxas comforted, still focused on the road.
“Roxas, you're about the only male I've trusted with my life,” Kairi replied smiling gratefully at him, enjoying their small, comfortable talk.

And that's when it rang.
“Hm, who would call at this hour?”
The night sky seemed to get more ominous; it felt as time stopped before her as she read the caller id. Her heart lurched.
“Garden Alice Hospital…” her voice lingered as she held her knees in a vice grip, breaking the skin with keen nails, reddening the skin.
“What? Visiting hours has been over, why would they call?” Roxas said alarmed.
She barely digested the information as the woman told her stoically that Namine started to have intense pain and wanted to see us desperately, she would need more surgery.
Namine was such an angel, why was she cursed with so much pain? She had a severe case of Crohn's disease and the costly bills were paying a toll on Roxas and Kairi. They worked hard everyday for her, because they truly felt love for her unlike the family the abandoned her.
And that disgusting thing of a human she went out with.
She could see what Namine was going through, her pale her pale face contorting in pain, withering in the cold sheets as her golden locks tossed around. She was probably sweating; her blue eyes would look empty.
But Kairi didn't think she would be able to survive if Namine thought of suicide again.
She didn't even realize when Roxas arrived to the hospital.
XxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX xxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
It had been hours, Namine had been vomiting excessively, and they wanted to do more tests on her in case of gastrointestinal bleeding.
She did not dare not go into the details of their visit.
I was losing hope, and I knew it, but knew no where to go, who would save Namine and I?
/////////
“We're home,” Roxas said exhausted. They arrived back to their lonely apartment. As kairi entered the small place she felt herself immediately absorb the feel, the darkness, this realm of hers.
This was her only home.
“You alright kairi? I'll make you some spaghetti,” Roxas was a saint. His nature was everything a friend could want, his very smile filled you with peace, and his touch could heal you.
At least that's what she thought. She couldn't imagine her life without him.
Lucky, their black lab, trotted gleefully to the pair, unaware of the trials they had faced this night.
Kairi gave a loving stare to the sweet dog, one she could never give to a human, and petted its smooth coat. She then stepped over to a small coffee table to where a dated laptop set. Starting it up she turned back to Roxas and took off her high heels.
“No, Roxas get some rest,” The laptop was ready. Setting herself in front of the black table on the flower scented light blue carpet she began to log on her email and bank account's. It felt so refreshing to feel the cool floor against her aching feet as she stretched tiredly.
“Well, at least change out of your dress soon, I'll make some hot chocolate” Roxas offered instead, sending her a sheepish smile.
“Roxas,” He just couldn't resist being so sweet,”.Sleep.” she scolded, with playfulness though.
He stuck his tongue out at her and continued his mission.
Roxas,” she stressed throwing her arms into the air.
As Kairi let her eyes travel down she felt as she had been punched in the gut when her eyes landed on the bright screen glared at her.
“The bills Roxas, the bills,” she said in a daze,” How are we going to pay our bills like this?”
1000$ for repairs,
157$ for food,
550$ for replacing,
The list went on and on. The bank account over whelming her, she quickly diverted her attention to her email her long locks falling and framing her face when she freed her hair from her bun.
`Oh god, how could I forget these financial troubles Namine's surgery caused us?' with their regular bills combined with the hospital bills, they wouldn't be able to keep up her special treatment much longer. She closed her eyes, trying to come up with a plan.
I'll have to go back to working at Yoshma, even though those damned highschoolers go there too much.
Login ID: Hikari11
Password: ******
“Let's pray about it,” Roxas smiled.
Kairi was snatched out of her thoughts, realizing Roxas was talking about the surgery. And when she registered that he thought some `higher power' would help them, it enraged her until no end.
Overcome with emotion she shouted,”No. There is no such thing as a god!” She glared at him, looking at him like he was a vile tapeworm,” how many times do I have to tell you? Use your freaking brain, Roxas; do you see any signs of god in this world? Huh?”
But when she realized her mistake, she instantly went to apologize.
“N-n-no, it's ok really kairi,” Roxas stammered ,looking down at the cups he was holding,”H-h-here,” he added placing the cup gently on the table and then leaving the room.
“No Roxas! I didn't mean it!” But he was already gone.
`Great, my sister needs more surgery, I just hurt my best friend, I don't know what to do with myself, if there is a god. I beg of you, please help me'
!You have one new message!
From: Key0ToYour0Heart
Kairi lifted one small finger above the mouse, lingering above it as if it were the choice of life or death; she clicked it and then let out the breath she hadn't realized she was holding.
Message: Hello,
"What?..."
I have a favor to ask of you. I know of your sister's disease.
Kairi's heart accelerated, beating faster than a drum. She instantly began to heave, her eyes widening.
I would like to propose a compromise. I will pay for all of Namine's expenses.
`All of them?' Her hands trembled, her eyes watered. She held herself tight, her brain fizzed. This was a joke, a cruel, evil one.
But it wasn't.
The menacing message continued,
The only thing I ask in return is that you, Kairi, show me the ways of a woman's heart.
Please, I beg of you.
And for the third time that night, she cried.
XxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
Character: any character thought?I know kairi sounds...troubled?Especially with her break downs.
Plot: What do you think?I think the next chapter will be better,I got more ideas :0
Any thing else?Questions?:) I'll be happy to answer anything, fix some dumb mistakes xD
This chapter was a bit sad once I read it again,I'll have to lighten it up next time D: and with Penelo speaking latin even though its a dead language I hope it doen't bother you.
Oh god, you don't want Crohn's disease (It includes things like alot of vomiting and diarrhea) and you can only treat it with vitamins and such..
Thanks for reading!Review if you want to say anything, every author loves feedback, srsly!xD