Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Beauty ❯ Bookstore ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Hidden Beauty.
 
Author: Namassuki.
 
Genre: Romance, Humor, Angst.
 
Rating: PG-13.
 
Chapter 4:Bookstore.
 
 
Day: Monday.
 
 
It was rainy outside and Riku was blaming the hot weather the Destiny Island experienced before for making the air parcel raised up and condensed into black clouds that released their burden of rain. He looked outside from inside the bookstore he just entered to find the rain was still heavy. He cursed silently and turned from the window to one section of the bookshelf.
 
 
`Stupid rain. Why can't it wait until I finished paying the book and enter my house?' Riku thought, cursing again.
 
 
“Shh!” One of the customers who was reading the book glared at him before she returned to read her book. Riku rolled his eyes then went to another section of the bookshelf. He took out book from the shelf, leaning against the wall shelf, he flipped open the book and read some content.
 
 
It is said that Fate play major factor in your love live.
 
 
It is said that you can't run away from Fate.
 
 
It is said that love is much powerful than the power of one ruler and one kingdom.
 
 
It is said that you know when you have met your soul mate the moment you look at their eyes.
 
 
It is said that you know when you have met your soul mate the moment you touch their hand
 
 
It is said that you know when you have met your soul mate the moment you kiss them
 
 
It is said that you know when you have met your soul mate the moment you reach for them
 
 
It is said that you know when you have met your soul mate the moment you become one with them.
 
 
You do not know when it will happen.
 
 
But one thing for sure.
 
 
Love doesn't consist of appearance.
 
 
All matter in love is the beauty hidden inside.
 
 
Riku arched his eyebrow. He flipped the book back to read the author of the book. Rafziel. Riku snorted. `An author of all gayest books,' Riku thought and he quickly put back the book to its shelf. Stuffing his hands into his pockets, he looked outside the window again to find it was still raining, heavier than before.
 
 
Cling Ting.
 
 
Riku turned to the door of the entrance of the bookstore to find it was none other than Sora, drenched by the rainfall. His thick glasses were all wet and hazy, his hairs sticky, his face drenched with water and pink from embarrassment or maybe he was just running and his white wet polo stick to his very own skin, making Riku trailed his eyes the outline of his real body figure.
 
 
`Thin…' The first thought that came across Riku's head when he stared at drenched Sora. The boy rubbed arm as if hoping for it to be warm while he was scanning the bookstore, until his eyes met Riku. They stayed on their spot, staring at each other, blue to aqua, before Sora broke it and bowed down in embarrassment.
 
 
Nervous, Riku can see that, Sora scanned the bookstore again but him before the young boy walked towards the left bookshelf and gone after that. Riku's feet stuck on the ground, staring at the spot of where Sora stood before as well as remembering Sora's outline figure by dotting the empty air. The dotted figure of Sora suddenly gone when another sound of bell ringing in his ear.
 
 
He looked at the entrance of the bookstore to find himself looking at a person who was apologizing at the owner of the bookstore who was glaring at person. The person then took off coat, revealing a blonde hairs young boy, probably around his age, wearing white elbow-length shirt and long black trouser with thin, nice and small rectangular glasses with golden frame.
 
 
`He's just like Sora…' Riku thought as he examined the boy and traveling his eyes around the outline of the boy's body. `Yup…definitely like Sora's. Except this boy had much better appearance than him…' Riku watched as the blonde boy scanned around the bookstore and Riku found himself staring into yet, another blue eyes, except that Riku noticed this one much deeper than Sora's.
 
 
The blonde smiled at Riku before he walked to his left bookshelf of where Sora had gone to. Riku frowned. He couldn't help but felt the blonde look a lot like Sora, their look, the way they stare at him and the way they vanished, making Riku wonder if they were siblings.
 
 
Curious, Riku walked to his right and peered over the bookshelf to see the two blue eyes boys were talking. Sora was blushing red while the blonde boy was smiling while chatting. Riku took a step closer but still out of their vision to listen to what they were talking about. Once he heard a murmur, he stopped and leaned himself against between the two bookshelf.
 
 
“…have a pen?” The blonde boy asked.
 
 
“Um…yes,” Sora said as he quickly rummaged through his bag he carried earlier and handed the blonde his blue pen.
 
 
“Thanks,” the blonde said as he gives back Sora's pen to his owner. “I don't know what will happen if I forgot his number. I mean, I don't have any pen or paper with me so I looked around for peoples when then it's raining,” said the blonde.
 
 
“No, it's okay,” Sora said, smiling.
 
 
“Luckily I brought my raincoat though,” the blonde said, smiling. Riku saw a pink color creep up to Sora's cheeks when Sora bowed in shy. “Anyway, I'm Roxas.” The blonde boy showed his hand to Sora. Riku watched as Sora stared at Roxas's hand and hesitantly thought about it before he took the hand shyly.
 
 
“M-My name is Sora,” Sora said, blushing red.
 
 
“Oh, girly name,” Roxas said, smirking. Sora bit his lips. “But I like it.” Sora and Riku stunned for a while before Riku saw Sora's face turning redder than usual and smiled cutely. A smile that somehow reached Riku's heart and made his stomach flutter. “So, why are you here for? Hide from the rain?” Roxas asked as he adjusted his glasses on his nose.
 
 
“Um no. I always come here to read some new books and buy them if I like them,” replied Sora.
 
 
`Hah. No wonder he's a nerd…' thought Riku.
 
 
“Nice. It's not everyday I see anyone come to bookstore to read and buy them afterwards,” Roxas said, smiling.
 
 
“Yes. I like to read the book over and over again,” Sora said, smiling cutely again.
 
 
“I like to read books too you know. Especially by the author named RAFZIEL. She's really good,” Roxas said.
 
 
“Really? I also read some of her books. It's really great,” Sora said. Riku saw his blue eyes were shimmering in joy behind the frame. Roxas nodded.
 
 
“Despite the stories mostly about homosexual, I still like them,” Roxas said. Sora blushed. “So Sora, since you have always come here, how about recommending me one of top ten books you really like here?” Roxas tilted his head and smirked.
 
 
“S-Sure. I would love to,” Sora said, smiling. Riku saw the two of them was moving from their spot. He quickly left the spaces between two shelves and headed towards the counter when suddenly Roxas and Sora appeared from his right. The three of them stopped from their track and stared at each other. Riku panicked; fear that the two blue eyes boy would realize that he had been spying on them.
 
 
“H-Hello Riku,” Sora said, bowing and blushing.
 
 
“Hey…Sora,” Riku said, somehow wishing Sora will smile at him. Just like now…
 
 
“Um…what are you doing here, Riku?” Sora asked.
 
 
`Duh, isn't it obvious? Buying book, of course, idiot Sora,' Riku thought and he sure wanted to smack his head for thinking like that. “Buying book,” replied Riku.
 
 
“O-Oh…” Sora blushing again, he gripped his bag's holder tighter. “You can't go home?”
 
 
`It's obvious!' Riku thought again. “It's raining,” Riku said. Sora blushed redder, probably embarrass for asking such stupid question when it is obvious. “What about you? What are you doing here? Buy book or just read them?” Riku asked. Then he saw it. Sora beamed cutely at him, probably happy that Riku finally wanted to talk with him or whatever, but it was enough to make Riku's heart flutter with happy butterfly.
 
 
“I came to read some books then buy them if I like them,” Sora replied, smiling so honestly.
 
 
“Ah…” Riku nodded in understanding. Then silent filled the air. They stood there for a long time without looking at each other.
 
 
“Hey, the rain stops,” Roxas said. They blinked at him then looked outside to find the rain slowly stopping, only a drop of tiny water leftover. Roxas smiled, and then turned to look at them. “Well Sora, I have to go now. Don't want my father to scold at me for being late,” Roxas said as he grabbed his wet coat by the door.
 
 
“R-Roxas,” Sora called before Roxas left. Roxas looked at him. “I-I'll show you some great books some day,” Sora said. Roxas nodded before he left. They watched Roxas ran across the road to another shop opposite of the bookstore. Then Riku turned to Sora who now was glancing at him. “Um…I think I should go home,” Sora said. He bowed slightly at Riku before he left.
 
 
Riku just stayed there, watching Sora paid for some books at the counter, and left. His mind slowly memorizing Sora's dotted outline figure, his red face whenever he blush and last but not least, the one unexpected thing, his smile. A cute smile even for such alien boy he thought. And the thought of it made Riku want to pee.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------< /div>