Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Beauty ❯ Phone ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Hidden Beauty.
 
Author: Namassuki.
 
Genre: Romance, Humor, Angst.
 
Rating: PG-13.
 
Chapter 11:Phone.
 
 
Day: Thursday.
 
 
After walking Sora home, Riku ran towards his house in passed over human's speed, he cursed at the sky for letting him wet as soon as he arrived his big, white, overlarge yard filled with basketball court and three different types of swimming pools plus beautiful wide gardens with various color of flowers mansion. He entered the mansion without even opening the door since his maids had done it for him and he took a provided towel given by his maid.
 
 
He went to the living room which twice as large as both Tidus' kitchen and living room. He saw his father's reading some kind of magazine on the sofa, still wearing his work cloth of black suit and pant with nice tie under his neck. His father was much like him except that he had short silver hair with silver beard around his chin up and above his lips.
 
 
“You're home,” said his father.
 
 
“Yeah,” Riku replied, taking a seat next to his father. His father lowered the magazine he read then looked at his wet, drench son.
 
 
“What have you been doing you get this wet?” his father frowned as he pulled Riku's wet, sticky cloth.
 
 
“Playing under the rain with Sora,” Riku replied, grinning. Truth as he said, they indeed played under the rain for a while though mostly he's the one who play while Sora begged him to go home already. He didn't notice that Sora sounds as if he didn't like the rain despite he too soon play under the rain after being dragged by Riku.
 
 
“Sora?” his father arched his eyebrow.
 
 
“Oh, just my new friend,” Riku said, grinning.
 
 
“Your new friend-friend or your new friend-for-fun-friend?” Riku's father asked.
 
 
Friend-friend,” Riku replied, grinning.
 
 
“Oh…” His father looked back at the magazine before he looked back at Riku. “You sure she will be your friend-friend? Who knew she just wanted your---” His father never got to finish his word when he stunned to see his son's frowning and glaring at him.
 
 
“Sora will be my friend-friend just like Tidus, Axel, Zell, Irvine, Kairi, Selphie, Leon and Cloud, he's not like those-those girls who I don't even know their names!” Riku exclaimed, frowning bad. When he looked back at his father who was gaping wide, he blushed and quickly turned his eyes to one small oval aquarium that had small beta fish swimming inside of it, it's beautiful unique scales gave out a reflect color of rainbow.
 
 
Riku's father stared at his son in disbelieve. It's not everyday to see his son fighting back what he said and protest of the fact and it's really rare to see his son's blushing red and to make things more interesting his son was talking about a boy, not a girl. Which very interesting because his son rarely blushed when it came to a boy.
 
 
“Sorry father,” Riku said, bowing.
 
 
“No, it's okay,” his father said, patting Riku's head.
 
 
“It's just that…Sora isn't like any other girls…he's different,” Riku said, blushing.
 
 
“Well, I'm sorry for doubting you son but…” Riku watched as his father tapped his own chin, thinking deeply except that he was smirking, a smirk that told Riku his father was up to something. “How about you call him here?” His father asked.
 
 
“W-What?” Riku startled. “Y-You mean ask him to go here?” Riku asked.
 
 
“Yup.”
 
 
“W-Why?” Riku asked.
 
 
“Because I really want to meet a boy who makes my son to yell at me and blush red unusually,” his father replied, grinning. Riku groaned, buried his face onto his palms in frustration.
 
 
`I shouldn't have told him…'
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
“W-What? Your father wanted to see me?” Sora's stammering voice heard from the other side of the line.
 
 
“Yes. He wanted to see you. He had asked me to ask you to come to my house next Monday.”
 
 
“B-But why?” Sora asked.
 
 
“Well…I guess he wanted to see my new friend…?” Riku replied, grinning though he knew that his father actually wanted to see Sora because he seemed interested on him. “Well? It's okay if you don't want,” Riku said though he was hoping for Sora to come so that he can show him his house which soon will be his too if he--- `What the hell am I thinking?!!!!' Riku blushed red.
 
 
“Um-um…do you want me to see your father?” Sora asked. Riku blinked. “I-I mean…I'm scared if he will…”
 
 
“Sora, don't worry about my father. He may look crazy (to me) but he's a friendly guy and okay,” Riku said, knowing Sora was worried if his father will ever laugh at him. `Though I doubt he won't do it…'
 
 
“Um…Okay then,” Sora replied, smiling.
 
 
“Uh…is that okay for what I said or okay for `Okay I'll go there'?” Riku asked, excited.
 
 
“Okay, I'll go there,” Sora replied, giggling when he heard a happy yelp from Riku. “What time should I go?” Sora asked.
 
 
“Well, my father will only be home around seven o'clock so I guess I'll pick you up at six-thirty o'clock. Is that okay?”
 
 
“Um, I can walk there. You don't need to fetch me,” Sora said.
 
 
“No, it's okay. I want to do it and beside, I really want to use the new car my dad bought for me.”
 
 
“W-Wow, you have a car already. That's cool Riku,” Sora said.
 
 
“Uh…um…thanks Sora,” Riku said, blushing. He had been praised many times already by thousands of girls and boys from the moment he was born until now but never in his life he felt butterfly wild wanted to emerge from his stomach whenever they praised him. And Sora was the first person ever able to do that to him. Somehow Riku knew the praise wasn't to impress him or to make him feel better but a sincere one coming from Sora and it made him so, so, so happy.
 
 
“What kind of car is it?” Sora asked, interrupting his thought.
 
 
“Oh, Black Porsche,” Riku replied, grinning.
 
 
“That's so cool! You already have car at your current age!”
 
 
“Well yeah. My father really spoiled me even though I don't want it,” Riku said. “But then again, I want to ride it and you will be the first person ever to ride it with me.” Sora blushed red, definitely happy and confuse that Riku wanted him to be the first one to ever ride his new Porsche car with him.
 
 
“Really?”
 
 
“Yup! But hey, don't tell Axel or Tidus that my father had bought new car for me. I don't want them to ride the car before us,” Riku said.
 
 
“That's…really sweet, Riku,” Sora said, enough to make Riku stunned and blushed reddish. After that, they stayed silent for a while, enjoying each other's presence though they could only hear their own breathing, but it was enough for them to know they're still in line.
 
 
“Hey Sora,” Riku began.
 
 
“Yes?”
 
 
“Are you wearing spectacle right now?” Riku asked. Sora stunned. He quickly looked at himself through the mirror opposite of his bed and saw himself without spectacle.
 
 
“Um…no. Why?” Sora asked.
 
 
“…Nothing,” Riku replied, starting to imagine what does Sora look like if he didn't wear any spectacle. Sora's face popped before him with thick and large glasses. Frowning, Riku tried to move the thick and large glasses, his heart beating faster than before when the glasses on Sora's nose slowly gone…fading…Sora's glasses-less face slowly clear…Riku excited…
 
 
“Riku, have you seen the fish's food?” Riku startled. The image of Sora's face popped gone in a blink of eye as soon as his father's voice entered his ears.
 
 
“ARGH!” Riku shouted, startling Sora from the other side of the line. “It's in the third cupboard!” shouted Riku to his father downstairs.
 
 
“Right! Got it!” His father said. Riku cursed when then he realized he was still in line with Sora.
 
 
“Err…Sora?”
 
 
“I-Is something's wrong Riku?” A concern tone of Sora heard.
 
 
“Y-Yeah, everything's fine. Just…my father interrupted me…” Riku hissed.
 
 
“Oh…okay. Um Riku…”
 
 
“Yes?”
 
 
“My dad told me to go sleep…” Sora said. “Sorry Riku.” Sora seemed to know Riku disappointed that he had to go now.
 
 
“No, no, it's okay. I'll…go to your house tomorrow?” Riku asked.
 
 
“Um…Okay.” Silent. “Goodnight.”
 
 
“Nite.”
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------< /div>