Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Beauty ❯ Bread ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Hidden Beauty.
 
Author: Namassuki.
 
Genre: Romance, Humor, Angst.
 
Rating: PG-13.
 
Chapter 22:Bread.
 
 
Day: Friday.
 
 
They have spent a night in Zidane's house despite Riku's dismay due to Roxas's presence. Of course, being Zidane's best friend, Sora had been told to sleep with Zidane in his own room, to Riku's jealousy. It was thanks to Tidus who coaxed him to stay in Zidane's house and sleep in living room; he now is having a breakfast with Sora, alone, together.
 
 
“Do you want some milk, Riku?” Sora asked.
 
 
“Sure,” Riku replied as he stretched his glass and watched Sora poured some milk into his glass. “Thanks,” Riku said, smiling ever so handsomely, only towards Sora and enough to make the younger boy blushing red. “What do you think about the story we're going to play?” Riku asked.
 
 
“Huh? Oh…I don't know,” Sora replied, biting his bread slowly and gently. “Zidane told me the story has a lot of kisses.”
 
 
“It is,” Riku said. “Mostly between the `Prince' and the `Princess'.” Sora blushed redder. “Sorry.”
 
 
“No. It's okay,” Sora said, smiling. “I don't mind the kissing part. I'm more worried about the line. I'm not really having a good memory.”
 
 
“Don't worry. I'm sure you can memorize it on time,” Riku said, smirking. Sora blushed and nodded.
 
 
Silent.
 
 
“Hey Sora,” Riku began. Sora looked at while sipping his milk that soon left a white ring around his lips. `God…I want to kiss those lips…' Riku thought. “Cough. Have you ever…taken off your glasses?” Riku asked. Sora stared at him for a long time before he bowed, fidgeting his fingers.
 
 
“Um…sometimes,” Sora replied. “I usually take it off before I went to sleep…or if it breaks.”
 
 
“So basically…you always wear it?”
 
 
“Uh-huh. Sometimes I can't see anything when I didn't wear it,” Sora said. “Why do you ask?” Sora asked, tilting his head.
 
 
“Nothing,” Riku replied, smirking.
 
 
Silent again.
 
 
“Can you take it off?” Riku asked Sora, startling the brunet. Sora stared at him in shock before he blushed redder than before, looking down at his own plate. “Err…its okay if you don't want to…” Riku said, sipping his milk while cursing at himself for asking such impossible and ridiculous request. Then he looked back at Sora to apologize when then his voice stuck in his throat.
 
 
His eyes widened. His mouth gape open. His cheeks turned bloody red slowly and his hand slowly slipping off the glass, result the remaining milk to spill all over the table, flowed down to his lap. But he was oblivious to the wet on his lap as he continued to stare at Sora who had taken off his glasses and now was smiling, blushingly, at him in embarrassment.
 
 
“W-Wow,” that's all Riku said once he regained his voice back.
 
 
“Um…weird, huh? I mean, I'm not used being without glasses and um…” Sora blushed redder, noticed Riku was staring at him intently.
 
 
“You look…cute,” Riku said without even him realizing it. Sora gaped before he felt nervous and shy at the same time.
 
 
“T-Thanks…” Sora said, putting his glasses back, only to get his wrist held. He looked at Riku in confusion, wondering why he held his wrist.
 
 
“No,” Riku said, serious. “I…want to look at your face without glasses longer…”
 
 
“Riku…”
 
 
“I have to admit that…you look cute Sora,” Riku said.
 
 
“T-Thank you,” Sora said, blushing. Riku blushed too, he stared at Sora who smiled shyly as long as he wanted, and his hand firmly held Sora's wrist to prevent him from putting the glasses and his eyes examined every detail of Sora's face, memorizing it to keep it in his head.
 
 
Forever.
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
“So, how's the practice last night?” Zell asked Tidus.
 
 
“Not good. We only managed to say three lines then we played some video games,” replied Tidus. “How about you? How's the decoration go?”
 
 
“Pretty good. We have draw some castle background and then we managed to build the tower where Riku and Sora supposed to meet and we also managed to create horses' costume,” said Zell.
 
 
“Man, in just one day you two have already done that much?” Tidus arched his eyebrow.
 
 
“Well, you know us. Twin Creative Artists,” Zell grinned. Tidus snorted.
 
 
“All right peoples! Come here especially the eight main players!” Tifa clapped her hands and within a minute, everyone stood in line before her. With her hands at her hip, she glanced at everyone before she nodded. “Right. We're going to do the part one today and second tomorrow. I hope some of you have already memorized the line and if you haven't, it's okay. Just tell me you need to read it through the script.”
 
 
“Now, since Part one is longer compared to the rest of the part, I have called my friend to come here to bring some food for all of you. You can only eat it once you're finish. What did people say? The more you work, the more delicious the food taste,” Tifa said, grinning.
 
 
“You're going to torture them,” said Cloud.
 
 
“I am,” Tifa said, grinning wider than before.
 
 
“I don't like your grin,” Riku said.
 
 
“Thank you Riku. That's very honest of you,” Tifa said, smirking. A smirk that told everyone: Due to Riku's compliment, I'm going to make you work harder! Everyone glared at Riku who glared back at them. “All right!” Tifa clapped her hands louder. “Go to your position! Tidus, Wakka, Sora, Zidane, go to the stage while Riku, Roxas and Axel go to the backstage! I'll give a signal once the times come for you!”
 
 
“Hey, no bickering,” Tidus said, patting Riku's shoulder before he followed Wakka, Zidane and Sora to the stage. Riku snorted, he glared at smiling Roxas before the three of them went to the backstage.
 
 
To make things simpler, the practice went well even though Riku tried hard not to hit Roxas for kept giving him that I-will-kiss-Sora-if-you-glare-at-me-more-smile after he kissed Sora's hand during the practice. Of course, it was not because of that smile he stopped himself from hitting Roxas but it was because of Tifa's tapping foot sound while having her arms crossed.
 
 
“All right! We'll stop here!” Tifa clapped her hands once and immediately everyone flopped down on the floor, sighing in tired. “Hehehehe. Tiring, isn't it?” Tifa asked.
 
 
“You wanted to kill us!” Tidus exclaimed. “Just because I forgot my line you have to reverse everything back!”
 
 
“Hey! It's what director will usually do if his actor said something's wrong,” said Tifa.
 
 
“It's just a minor change of word!” Tidus said. Tifa waved her hand sarcastically.
 
 
“Its and It's aren't the same, Tidus,” said Tifa. “Now stop complaining before I added three more hours tomorrow!” Tifa barked and Tidus shut his mouth up though his head mentally kicked imaginary Tifa. Tifa grinned in victory before she shifted to the entrance of the hall to find a pink lady with braided brown hairs. “Arieth!”
 
 
“Hello Tifa,” Arieth, the lady Riku and Sora recognized as the lady from Baked Shop, smiled at them while carrying a box. “Here Cloud. Give it to everyone. I see they're too exhausted to move,” Arieth said as she handed the box to Cloud that obedient take it and started to give what happened to be bread with cheese in it to everyone.
 
 
“Mmm! Delicious!” exclaimed Tidus.
 
 
“Of course! Arieth Baked Shop is the famous baked shop ever was in History!” said Tifa.
 
 
“Aww Tifa. You're embarrassing me,” Arieth said, cupping her cheeks. She then watched as everyone ate the bread until her eyes upon Sora. Sora was staring at the bread in his hand before he looked at Riku who was munching the bread hungrily then to everyone who had eaten the bread. “Something's wrong?” Arieth asked Sora.
 
 
“Um…I-I can't eat it,” Sora said. Arieth blinked. “Cheese taste salty…to me.”
 
 
“Pardon?” Arieth blinked.
 
 
“He can't eat too much salt, Arieth. It gave him a headache,” Tidus said, finished munching. “And Sora definitely can't eat something he considered contained too much salt.”
 
 
“Sorry,” Sora said.
 
 
“Oh, it's okay. I have bread. How about chocolate bread?” Arieth asked. Sora nodded eagerly. Arieth chuckled before she gave the said bread to Sora who happily eats it.
 
 
“Thanks,” Sora said.
 
 
“Your Welcome,” Arieth said, smiling ever so beautifully.
 
 
“All right then. Once you finished, you can go home.”
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------< /div>