Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Impressions ❯ Zexion ---Retribution ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
IMPRESSIONS

*****Retribution******

"Yea h I'm afraid...Thanks for loving me cause you're doing it perfectly."

~_~_~_~_~

I bounce on the balls of my feet, anxiously awaiting Axel's return from Castle Oblivion. He returned a while back in the month and told me that everything was going as planned. It's not even Axel that I desperately wish to see...but the one that hardly any of the others so much as glance at. He's respected, sure, but only because he's a founding member.

"They aren't back yet?" asks my smaller friend. I shake my head and he runs a hand through his sprouting flaxen spikes. Vibrant blue eyes gaze up at my own cerulean with an immense amount of worry.

"Don't worry Roxas, they'll both be back soon."

Cheering up he turns to leave me, "Got Xigbar to do your mission huh?"

"Yep, he owes me anyway. I hid him from the terrifying beast known as Saïx." Laughing as he portals away, I turn back to my task.

Boredom finally takes a hold of me and I retreat to the confines of my room. There I prepare a melody have I been fixing up for my muse's return. As I get lost in the music, time flies by.

Soon enough Roxas appears, "Xemnas has called a meeting," his saddened tone seems to send shivers over my ashen skin. "We've lost fellow members."

My sitar vanishes into bubbles as I open a dark tunnel and appear in my assigned chair. Everyone is here except those assigned to Castle Oblivion. Xemnas turns his golden eyes to the door where Axel enters, "Explain yourself."

Fire-like crimson cascading spikes sway as he looks up at me, "Sora has done away with Larxene and Marluxia while Riku took care of Lexaeus, Vexen, and Zexion."

My stomach drops and I tune out the remaining of the conversation. I feel Roxas's eyes on me but I pay them no mind. It takes all the energy I can muster to hold back my tears. The second we're released I follow Axel to the alleyways intersecting in the desolate city. "W-What happened Axel?" I ask as my hands tremble even as I clench them at my sides, my whole body in agony.

"I...Dem I'm sorry. If there had been another way."

"Axel...please.."

The reverse violet teardrop under each dim emerald eye seems to stand out from his sickeningly pale skin.

He...my best friend played a role in this, I know it.

"Saïx ordered me to get rid of him so I led a replica of Riku to drain him of power."

My heart, usually free-flowing like water, seems to turn to ice. "So everything that went on was blamed on Sora and Riku when you did it all by pushing buttons."

"Demyx I'm sor-" he reaches out to me.

I take a step back, "Shut up traitor!" I leave him with his head bowed in guilt.

Stomping through the corridor I plan to talk to Xemnas about this. Before I can get anywhere a shock of blue stops me dead in my tracks. The "X" shaped scar between conniving, acidic yellow eyes glare at me openly.

I'm slammed into the wall as his nails seem to pierce me through the cloak. "Say one word to Superior and you won't know what hit you. I'll send you into nothing myself."

I'm dropped to my knees as hot tears spill over the brims of my burning eyes. Even as a newly formed Nobody, I've never felt this empty and weak. "I need you Zexion..."

My whisper draws the attention of Roxas and Xion. The dark haired girl smiles sadly at me, "Demyx, we've been looking for you. Go reassure Axel that we found him." Roxas nods and leaves in a rush. "I overheard what he said to you."

I shrug her off and stand up, now cold even to my friends, "Just leave me alone."

Kingdom Hearts cast light onto an object lying on my bed. Taking a seat I pick it up to realize that it's a book...Zexion's book. I run my fingers over the elegant cursive writing on the cover.

The Book of Retribution?

Opening it I find all of my love's notes and entries. I flip to a book marked page and feel tears stinging at my eyes once more.

Demyx, I know I won't leave alive. I'm sorry that you'll have to go on in that liar's circle by yourself. Undoubtedly, Roxas will stand by Axel till he returns to Sora. I tried to work it out and I'm sorry that I failed you. Please don't give up my musical sweet. Because of my actions as a whole being I couldn't save us. I love you tremendously...Forgive me, Zexy.

Below is a note scribbles on a scrap piece of paper.

I left this book for you Dem. It's probably the only thing I've ever done right since joining...especially since I've ruined our friendship...Axel.

Balling my fists in my mohawk/mullet I let out a strangled cry as I crash into the pillow.

~-~-~-~-~

I place my hands on my knees and pant heavily from having to run all the way back down from Hades's main room.

Someone's trying to kill me by sending me on this mission...

Leaning back against the earthen wall I calm down. Just being down here gives me the creeps. At every turn there's a misty ghost floating down to go deep into the Underworld storage, as I call it. It reminds me all to well that my dear Zexion is dead...and I should be along with him. Just getting through the rest of that year was agonizing. I stayed away from everyone and simply did as I was instructed and went on these pointless missions.

Why should I have a heart when I can't share it with the one person I want?

Hades's pet three-headed dog Cerberus begins barking and growling, giving me the signal to split.

~-~-~-~-~

Rolling his arm to release the tension in his muscles, Sora walks into the cavern-like room. They had just almost been mowed over by a very frightened member of Organization 13 and he still couldn't figure out why. Shaking his head to dismiss the feeling he glances around and that's when his eyes go wide.

In the corner is a black and purple swirling orb which appears as though it contains a novel of some sort. Curious as always the brunet reaches out to touch it bringing upon the wrath of a bright light.

Glaring at him with dark blue eyes is a man in a black cloak. Steel shaded hair shields half his face from view but Sora doesn't care. This thing drew him into this mess and all he wants is to get out and find Riku.

A whisper that seems to only be heard by him enters his mind, "You must be the one that has distressed my nocturne."

"What are you talking about?"

Donald and Goofy glance at Sora strangely but allow the Keyblade wielding boy to converse with this man.

"I was betrayed and killed by a replica's hand. My love's life is falling apart and he's left a silhouette of myself from that hurt and fear."

The words strike a cord in Sora's heart. His grip on his Keyblade doesn't slacken for long as the man flips the cover of his lexicon open.

"I'll make you disappear."

After dodging, getting pounded, and dealing blows himself, Sora dismisses his Keyblade as the man shuts the lexicon the words Book of Retribution standing on in gold on the black cover.

"Thank you...for releasing the part of me that was carried deep in his heart. When you cross paths with him again don't be distracted by his facade of happiness and don't forget that even those he doesn't have a heart...he loves just as you do."

The explosion of white triggers again. Frantically Donald and Goofy search for the sphere that mysteriously became no more on their return. Sora smiles sadly to himself as he spins to head for Hades, an inner calm stanching his hatred for the blond Nobody.

~-~-~-~-~

Falling to my knees I release the scream I've built up inside me for so long. As I cast one last look at this world, I don't see those three heroes.

I let a real smile curve onto my lips at the sight of a transparent Zexion stretching out his hand for me. Just like always his short slate colored hair drapes over one side of his face but at the angle I'm at I'm permitted to see the pair of gleaming navy shaded orbs. I reach for him and I'm taken out of the currently corrupted and dark world.

~-~-~-~-~

The teenage brunet strides over to where the sitar playing Nobody had dissolved just as water does. In his place lay a single sheet of paper. Taking a closer look he sees music scales, notes, and words wrote neatly across the page. In bold letters his eyes scan over the title. "Retribution?" he says breathlessly.


*****"It messed me up, need a second to breathe, just keep coming around...hey what do you want from me?"*****
-Adam Lambert's Whataya want from me