Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kairi's Tale ❯ Reuniting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~: Chapter One: ~
 
It had been a year since Sora and Riku had returned to Destiny Island, but the disappeared again. Kairi walked into the secret place. She stopped at the drawing Sora and her had created, tears coming down her eyes.

Tidus, who had been watching over her, followed her into the secret place. "You miss him ... don't you," Tidus whispered. "He'll come back to me, I know he will," Kairi said, in denial that her best friend could be gone forever.
 
Tidus looked around, "and what about Riku? Do you think they're together? I can't believe they left us. Them, out together exploring other worlds, it's just not fair. So, that's what they had been planning all along. You wait till they get back, I'll get them," he said looking at Kairi. Kairi looked at him, and with sad eyes and a heavy heart turned away. Silence; something so natural, so simple ...

"This world has been connected, tied to the darkness," a whisper came from nowhere. "This island is a prism surrounded by water." "Who's there?" Tidus shouted.
 
Kairi jerked her head up. "I know that voice," she said with a curious look on her face. She walked into the sunlight coming from the opening in the secret place. Her necklace shown bright ... the door opened. “I will save Sora! This time, I'll fight,” Kairi said with controlled anger. “A meaningless effort,” the voiced whispered, revealing its source. A shadowy figure appeared through the door.

“Kairi,” Tidus said, holding out his hand. Kairi inched closer and closer to the door. Stopping every once in a while to think.
 
Kairi turned around and looked into Tidus' eyes. “It's not over yet,” she mumbled clenching her fists. “We must find him.” She disappeared into the darkness behind the door.

Tidus looked at the shadowy figure and hesitantly walked towards the door. It started to close and Tidus ran, making it to the other side just in time.

Utter silence, endless, a forgotten world. “Where is this place?” Tidus said, bewildered. In the middle of all the darkness Kairi stood there, puzzled.
 
“A world between,” she said.
 
“What?!” Tidus shouted. “You're not making any sense!” “C'mon Tidus, follow me.” Kairi said with all the courage she had.

“Look! Up ahead!” Kairi shouted. Just then, a blast of wind carried both of them separate ways. A hole of blinding light took Kairi and spit her back out. “Ouch,” she whispered, rubbing her head. “Tidus ... his voice, I can't hear it anymore.” The world beyond the darkness... A figure appeared in front of Kairi, towering over her. “Who's there?” she said with a frightened voice.
 
“Kairi? Is that you ...”

Darkness ... nothing. The wind finally let go of Tidus. “Wow, where am I?” he questioned. “Hmm, looks like some sort of city.” He looked up into the sky as the clouds parted. “Shooting stars? what the ... what`s going on here?” *CLANG* Tidus looked at his feet. He picked up what looked like a large key …The 3rd key.

Kairi hesitantly looked up. “SORA??” she said in disbelief. She sprang up and gave him the biggest hug she could give. Sora, with relief in his eyes and a big smile on his face looked at Kairi, “What took you so long?” Kairi looked at him. “Why Sora? Why did you leave me?” she questioned.
 
Sora told her the whole story from beginning to end. “So that's how I helped King Mickey with the aid of Donald and Goofy but, with all of our searching, we haven't been able to find the door to the light. Nothing; but a dead end... Maybe our journey meant nothing after all.”
 
Kairi stared at him. “You can't do this Sora,” she said. Sora looked hurt, “What do you take me for Kairi? I can't just abandon king Mickey, Donald, and Goofy!” Kairi smiled. “We'll go together.”

Tidus looked up, squinting, his eyes, he saw a figure standing in front of him. “Riku!” he shouted. He ran. “Where's Sora?” he said to him, running out of breath.
 
Riku looked at Tidus. “Everything is coming back to me, the true ... darkness.” Tidus looked puzzled while Riku told him what had happened, the fragmented tale. “Heartless?” Tidus questioned. Riku looked at him. “Complete control. Now you will fight,” Riku demanded.
 
Tidus stared at the key. He remembered what Kairi had said. He looked at Riku, “Its not over yet.”