Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts:Road to Destiny ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kingdom Hearts
Road To Destiny
By Thomas Napier
 
All he had to do was close the door. Then it would all be over. But he got lost along the way…
 
Prologue
“Sora, go! Leave now”, Riku shouted. “No, what about you and Mickey” Sora questioned. “We'll be alright, just take your friends and leave, now”! Sora looked at Riku painfully. He almost lost him to the Darkside once, and didn't want to do it again. Although he was good friends with Riku he knew he had to leave.
“Sora… I have to ask you something before you go. Please take care of Kairi for me, and tell her…I'm sorry” Riku asked as tears gathered in his eyes.” Sora knew what Riku had tried to do to him was wrong, but it was only because of Maleficent. “Don't worry, I will”.
“Hurry Sora, let's go”, yelled Donald. “Hyuck. What about the King” Goofy wondered. “Leave, I'll be alright” Mickey answered “and tell Minney… I love her”
Sora turned and ran towards the exit, hoping he would make it in time. He was almost to the opening. It was getting smaller, Sora started to panic. He was now sprinting as fast as he could. Would he make it? Not even he was sure.
He turned his head in time to see the Darkside converging upon Riku and Mickey. His only wish at that moment was that Riku and Mickey would be all right. Then all he saw was a bright light. When he awoke he was back on Destiny Island.
“Donald, Goofy, where are you” Sora shouted hoping for an answer. “We're over here” Sora recognized the voice as Donald. He looked toward the old run down shack they had built long ago when Sora, Riku, and Kairi were on the Island together.
When they met back up, the three companions decided to take the gummi ship back to Traverse Town. They hoped they would be able to ask Merlin if there was a way to rescue Riku and Mickey from the heartless.
Sora secretly wanted to go there to see Kairi and take her with them. All he had been through was because he was searching for her. Back on Destiny Islands, before all this, he was hoping to share a poupu fruit with Kairi. Legend has it, whoever shares a poupu fruit, their destinies become intertwined. Then he and Kairi would always be together, the way they both secretly wanted it.
The three companions loaded up into the gummi ship. “Ready Sora”, said Goofy half-heartily. “Ready when you are”. “Here we go”, said Donald as he hit the button for take off.
 
And so, the three partners took off on another adventure. However, unknown to them…
 
“What about the boy? He made it out alive”, said a deep voice. “Go after him. When you find him…kill him. Other than that, our plans have not changed. Don't forget, we still have the girl”, said an unknown voice. “What about his…`friends`? What do you want me to do with them, Roxas”? “Kill them all. Axel, if you can, find the one called Riku. He may be of some use to us”, Roxas hissed. Axel turned around and walked through the big double doors leading to his ship.
Roxas left through the green door on the opposite side. “Wake up! You have work to do”, Roxas yelled into the big yellow-bar cage. “What do you want me to do now, master”, sighed a blond haired girl. “I need you to use your powers to lead the Keyblade master to our base. There's more, but I'll tell you later. Oh, and by the way Namine, don't try anything. You may not believe it, but you are disposable”. “Yes master, whatever you wish”, Namine said in a lifeless matter.