Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: Supreme Adventure ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kingdom Hearts: Supreme Adventure By: DJ Rodriguez   (Author’s Notes: Hi everyone, DJ here. I know I deleted this story, but I have my reasons. Now, I’m back on track and going to finish this story!   Darien: Right now, DJ has college and other activites to attend to. Also, his other stories also keep him busy. But, he’ll try to keep this fanfic in mind.   DJ: Yup. This fanfic pairs three unlikely people together; Sora, Jasmine, and Ariel! Thanks to some friends of mine, Saiyan Moon Goddess and APienkoss, they helped me get motivated to do this thing.   Darien: Once again, DJ tries to put together a unique and unlikely pairing once again. Heaven help us.   Now on with the fanfic!)  

The Beginning of a New Adventure

  Two months have passed since Sora and Riku came back to Destiny Island, saving the worlds from the Nobodies and Organization 13. It was a long and difficult journey for both the boys, each undergoing problems of their own. Thanks to friends from other worlds, and help from King Mickey and his followers, they were able to defeat Xemnas and leave Kingdom Hearts.   Sora was sitting on the small island rock, looking at the sunset like he always done. “Its really good to be home again.” he said to himself. “No more looking around for my friends because they’re here with me, and also no more Heartless, Nobodies, or Organization 13. My adventure is over.” Life was going good for him, but something was up with Kairi.   For a time, she had been acting strange around Sora. She started to become nervous around him, never looking at him in the eyes like she used to. When she did, she would make up an excuse and leave quickly. Sora didn’t understand what was wrong with her. On top of that, Riku seemed to be acting a bit funny too. He was acting a bit jittery, as if waiting for something to happen. The Keyblade wielder felt something was wrong, he was sure of it.   He was about to leave back for home when the sight of Kairi and Riku greeted him. “Hey, what’s up?” he asked when he saw something wrong. Their faces held sorrow and guilt, especially on Kairi’s face. “What’s going on you guys? What’s wrong?”   Kairi held back tears, this being the hardest thing she ever had to do. She walked up to Sora and whispered “I’m so sorry, Sora. I really am.” This brought confusion to the young lad, wondering what she was sorry for. He turned his attention to Riku, who just stood there and turned his head away, as if he was ashamed.   “Kairi, what’s going on?” Sora said as he put his hands on her shoulders. Kairi sniffed a bit, trying to hold the tears back. “Sora, I’ve been doing some thinking for the past two weeks. I know we promised to be together forever, but…” she started to say, but she broke off. She didn’t have the heart to continue on.   Riku finished it for her “She made a decision. She chose to… to be with me.” He didn’t have the heart to look at Sora. Riku always expected that Kairi end up with Sora, since he went over to the darkness. However, Kairi found it admiring that he would risk his life like that just for her. It was a very tough choice for her, but the teenage beauty chose him over Sora. In her mind, Riku was just more dedicated then Sora.   “Sora, I’m very sorry!” she cried out. Sora was just staring blankly at them, until he saw what was around Riku’s neck. It was Kairi’s lucky charm, the one she gave to Sora some time ago. He gave it back to her, but said that he would always be there for him. Now, it was a symbol on which Kairi chose to be with.   Sora felt betrayal stirring in his heart, not anger. He looked at the ground, not facing them and not saying a word. Kairi was getting a bit scared while Riku was waiting for his reaction. After a few minutes, Kairi slowly and tentatively walked towards her friend. “Sora?” she asked softly.   He looked back up with a small smile on his face. “Hey, its okay. I’m happy for you two.” he told her. However, both were not fooled. He was wearing a mask, and when a tear ran down his cheek Kairi put a hand to her mouth, letting a small gasp escape. He walked past them, his face firmly set on his fake smile. “I know you’ll take good care of her, Riku. Congrats.” He then walked away, back towards the small jungle.   Kairi went towards him, but Riku stopped her. He shook his head and said “Let him be. He’s taking this pretty hard. The least we can do is give him so space.” Kairi held him close, crying into his chest. It really hurt her to do this, but she just followed her heart and did what needed to be done. ‘Sora, forgive us.’ Riku thought.   Sora went deep into the interior of the island, intent on not letting anyone seeing what he was about to do. The more he went in, the more his mask wore off. When he was far enough, he slowed his pace down and came to a stop. He hung his head low, tears slipping out from his eyes. He choked back a sob, trying hard to contain his sorrow. “Kairi…” he whispered to himself. He put a hand on a nearby tree to support himself.   ~Later on, nighttime~   Kairi and Riku were making their way over to Sora’s home, worried since he had not come back from going into the island interior. Kairi was feeling awful at this point, worried that she and Riku had driven their best friend away. The girl knocked on the door, and a few moments later a woman in her mid-40’s answered it. “Oh, hello Kairi and Riku.” she said in a cheerful tone.   “Hello ma’am. Is Sora home? We need to talk to him.” Kairi said. The woman frowned slightly, then went into her back pocket and took out a note. “He told me to give this to you both if you came around here.” she told them, confusion in her tone. Kairi and Riku took the letter and opened it, reading the contents while using the outside light to help them out.   Dear Kairi and Riku,   I’m happy that you two are together. Listen, I’m going to take a little vacation and won’t be around for a while. Take care of yourselves.  

Sora

  This puzzled the two teenagers and the mother until they heard the roar of an engine coming to life in the jungle. The three turned around and saw a ship slowly rising out of the foliage. It was a Gummi Ship, or more specifically the Falcon Peak. The two teenagers and Sora’s mom stepped further out to see this ship, and in the cockpit they saw it was Sora who waved to them all.   “Sora!! What are you doing?!” his mother exclaimed. The dark Keyblade wielder and the light of both boys just stared up in shock at Sora’s actions. “Sora, wait!!” Kairi shouted out but the roar of the engines drowned it.   Sora took one last look at the island and the inhabitants down below. He waved to his mother, Riku, and Kairi. A tear slipped once again from his eyes as he waved, his mask back in place. “I’ll see you guys later. I just need some time alone, that’s all.” he said quietly. With a push forward of the lever, the ship took off into the night sky. The sound of the engines faded, until it was only the sound of the crickets that were chirping.   “Sora… SORA!!!” Kairi called out loudly, a foreboding feeling entering her heart.   ~In Space~   Sora was now off, but this time he was really alone. The Gummi ship was a gift from Chip and Dale, just before King Mickey and his friends left back to Disney Castle. It was hidden inside the jungle where only Riku, Kairi, and himself knew of its location. So now, he was flying off to God-knows-where without Donald or Goofy along for the ride.   “Where to go?” Sora asked himself. “I can’t go to Disney Castle, King Mickey would probably order me to go back home. I need somewhere, a place to just be alone for awhile.” The Pride Lands were out of the question as he had no desire to be a lion cub again, nor be lunch for the hyenas since he did not have the Keyblade with him.   “Where to go, where to go?” he whispered to himself. After a moment, the answer hit him. “Atlantica! I could go there and figure things out there! Plus, it be cool to be a merman again.” The young man switched the ship to autopilot and put in the destination towards Atlantica.   ~In Atlantica~   The waters of the fabled city of the merpeople were calm and clear, but not so for a certain mermaid named Ariel. There had been a falling out recently between her and Prince Eric. Shortly after Sora left, Prince Eric and Ariel (in her human form) started to make plans for a wedding. But that is when things started to get a bit rocky from there. Apparently, Eric’s homeland customs were different then the ones in Atlantica.   Eric had wanted Ariel to stay in the castle, to tend to it and the royal family business while he was away on sea-faring trips. However, Ariel did not want to be tied down and situated in one place. She was an adventurous girl, always wanting to see other places and experience things she never thought possible. This caused a bit of rift between them, and caused them to separate for a short while.   Ariel was now back in the sea as a mermaid, thanks to her father King Triton. But she needed some distance for a while, to think on what to do next. Currently, she was sitting in her favorite place near her grotto. Looking up, she saw the sun was shimmering over the surface waters.   “Sigh. I wish there was someone out there, adventurous and outgoing like me.” she said to herself. Her thoughts wandered off to the past, and coincidentally her mind came to the day she met Sora and his two funny friends Donald and Goofy. That was when she had an adventure of a lifetime.   “He was so brave and courageous, and also adventurous like me.” Ariel said to herself as she reminisced on the past. She helped Sora the first time against Ursula the Sea Witch, when she was aligned with Maleficent and the Heartless. Recently, he helped her again when Ursula once again rose to power and gave Eric the time to drive the trident into her heart.   “I hope I see him again. He’s very cute, and he’s not bad at singing. He has a good voice actually.” she told herself as she stared up the surface. She remembered when he and his friends participated in the concerts Sebastian held at the palace. She knew that if Sora’s days as a warrior were over, he would be able to make a living singing to others.   ~At Disney Castle~   King Mickey was enjoying a picnic at the castle gardens with his sweetheart Queen Minnie. Both were glad to be together and enjoying a moment of peace, not worrying about the Nobodies or Organization 13 anymore.   Mickey was eating a sandwich when out of nowhere, Merlin popped in. This surprised the king who dropped his sandwich on the ground and was now on his back in a bit of a daze. “Oops, sorry your Majesty.” the old wizard stated. Minnie helped Mickey up and inquired “Merlin, what are you doing here?”   The wizard who made a boy king adjusted his glasses for a moment, then answered “Sire, we have a serious problem.” He handed the royal mouse a piece of parchment. “This came in from Sid and that committee at Radiant Gardens. I’m afraid it’s quite serious.”   The king read the paper, this his whole body went ridge. “Does anyone else know about this?” he asked firmly. Merlin answered negative. King Mickey rolled up the parchment and looked at his worried Queen. “Minnie, something awful has happened. Tell Donald and Goofy to take a Gummi ship and get to Destiny Islands right away!”   Minnie said okay and went quickly to do the deed. Mickey closed his eyes and sighed, saying “It looks like we got a new enemy on our hands, Merlin. We need Sora and Riku again.” Merlin sighed as well, his hope for a lasting peace shattered. A whole new enemy has appeared, and from the looks of it… was even more powerful then Organization 13.   (Author’s Notes: How did you all like this prologue? More to come soon, so don’t worry. Also, Sora won’t be revisiting certain worlds again. He’s going to explore more!   Darien: Also, Sora is going to gain two new allies that will travel with him and into various worlds. Like I said before, DJ is heading into uncharted waters now. So he’ll be making mistakes, but hopefully reviewers like you can help him out.   DJ: As for the action between Sora and his two friends… well, what else could one do? Love, even if it maybe a crush, can make or break a person. So, I hoped it show Sora handling the situation well.   R&R, no flames, enjoy, and leave long reviews!)