Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Pants ❯ Max ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm on a roll, yay!
Obligatory notes:
1: Spoilers from KH2 will appear here and there.
2: Pairings...I'll let you know soon.
3: Some worlds won't be Disney-related, just to let you know.
4: This is also set after KH2. Thus the spoiler warning.
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Except for the Pantsless. Yay?
***
 
Kingdom Pants
By Bilbo-sama
Chapter Two
***
 
Last time…
“Then hurry,” said Namine as she faded back into Kairi, “The portal will close in thirty seconds.” Sora and Riku quickly grabbed hold of the two girls and all four of them jumped into it.
Shortly after that, the portal closed. Everything was eerily silent throughout the Islands. And then came the sound of people calling for friends and loved ones.
But there was no answer. None at all.
***
 
Selphie felt as though she was falling. But in what direction she was going in, she didn't know. Sora, Kairi, and Riku looked as though this didn't faze them. As though if they have done this before…
She felt as though she was out of the loop. But then a thought wandered in her mind.
`Wakka and Tidus will never believe me if I told them.'
Suddenly, she was really falling. She let out a scream and braced for the possibly fatal impact.
Riku grabbed her arm and said, “Don't worry.”
`But does he really mean it?' thought Selphie as she stared at him as he focused on something.
Eventually, the fall was slowing down and they all landed on the grass of some castle courtyard gently.
“I say that Gummi Ship travel is much better than this,” said a slightly green Sora.
“I think I'm going to be sick,” moaned Selphie who flopped onto her back on the grass, waiting for the nausea to pass.
Riku shrugged the fact that they all went through some dark portal and entered some new world like it was nothing. He looked around his surroundings.
“Sora, is this where the King resides?”
“Yeah.”
“Y'know, you can always call me just plain Mickey,” said a high voice. Selphie sat up slowly to see, of all things, a dark-furred mouse in royal clothing holding a giant golden key. It looked rather similar to the ones Riku and Sora wield.
“You're the King?” she asked.
“Yes, miss. And you are?”
“I'm Selphie. A friend of theirs” she pointed to Riku, Sora, and Kairi, “I just happened to tag along…”
“Ah, then welcome, Selphie, to Disney Castle,” Mickey smiled.
“Mickey,” said Sora, “we've discovered that there's a new enemy on the loose.”
Mickey didn't surprised at all, “so the Pantsless are spreading.”
“The Pantsless?”
“Come to the library, it's not safe out here. We just cleared the courtyard of them just before you came.” The four teens nodded and followed him.
Getting to the library didn't take as long as Selphie thought it would. Now that the initial shock was gone, she felt rather excited. Here she was in some world possibly far away from Destiny Islands…following an oversized talking mouse to the castle library.
She watched as Mickey opened the doors to it and found herself surrounded by books. Her eyes settled on watching Sora happily greeting a duck in magician's clothes. The King was smiling to a second mouse in a queen's dress. His wife, perhaps.
“Donald! How are you?” grinned Sora.
“The usual,” answered the duck named Donald.
Sora looked around, “Where's Goofy?”
“That's what I would like to know,” said a young man's voice. They all looked up to see a teenager with a resemblance to Goofy. He wore the uniform of a knight and sad eyes.
“Sora, Riku, Kairi, Selphie,” Mickey began, “this is Max, Goofy's son. He just started his service as a royal knight.”
Sora blinked at the boy then recalled the one time he, Donald and Goofy talked about their lives.
That's right; he did say he had a son. But why did I forget about this until now?
“So you're the Keyblade Master?” said Max.
“Yeah, nice to meet you, Max.”
“But,” Max started, “you're just a kid like me.”
“Well…yeah…”
“I thought you'd be older,” Max grinned.
“Is that so?” said Sora.
Donald coughed to bring their attention back to the King.
“I have gone to see Master Yen Sid,” he started, “and he tells me that these beings come from a different dimension. They do have a name of course.”
“What is it?” Selphie nervously asked.
“He noticed that their behavior usually involves pants. They steal others' pants. It's always just pants. Not dresses, skirts, shorts, and kilts. And sometimes they capture people. No one knows what happens to them but Master Yen Sid figures they also become like them.
“Anyway, their name is the Pantsless. And I thought we would never see them again.”
“Again?” queried Kairi.
“They attacked the castle sixteen years ago. We managed to fight them off and seal the castle away from them. It was a year after Pete was exiled too…now that we see that Pete's back, they must've followed him…or at least, that's what my father told me…” replied Max.
“Just where is Goofy?”
Suddenly, their hosts looked sad, “He disappeared two weeks ago while he and Max were patrolling the grounds,” said Donald finally.
Sora, Kairi, and Riku were devastated, Sora more so.
It's like that time in Radiant Garden except he's really gone this time…
And I wasn't there to help save him.
“Have they spread to other worlds?” he asked.
“We've started noticing that stars were going out three weeks ago. So yes, they have and they got a head start,” replied King Mickey.
Selphie was about to speak when Chip and Dale burst into the library out of breath.
“Your Majesty, the Pantsless just got into the courtyard!” gasped Chip.
“I think they're coming right this way!” added Dale.
Summoning their Keyblades, Sora, Riku, and Mickey ran out to the corridor with Donald and Max following. Kairi, Selphie, Minnie and Daisy stayed behind, uncertain.
Finally, Selphie spoke, “Has it occurred to anyone that the Pantsless won't attack us anyway and we should help?”
“Queen Minnie and I only have the spells we learned from Master Yen Sid,” said Daisy.
“I only know healing spells,” muttered Kairi.
Selphie looked at the nun chucks in her hand, “Like that won't stop us from helping out? Come on, they're probably going to need our help anyway.” She rushed out the door, swinging the nun chucks above her head.
The other women were about to follow when they noticed that one of Mickey's portraits was glowing. Kairi held out a hand to touch it in curiosity when a bright light flashed and a dark hole in the form of a keyhole shaped as a pair of shorts appeared in front of it.
“The Pantsless, they must've been looking for this all this time,” she breathed.
“Then it settles it,” growled Daisy, “we stay here to protect it.”
Meanwhile, the men were fighting off waves of Pantsless. It was though they were hiding all this time for years and just decided to do a full-scale attack.
Only Sora noticed that Max used his father's fighting style and Dream Shield. The boy was having difficulty with it but he was getting the hang of it, it seems.
It surprised them all when Selphie appeared apparently from nowhere and decimated a legion of Pantsless with just her nun chucks. Sora and Riku cleared themselves a pathway to her to get close to her to talk.
“Where's Kairi?” Sora asked.
Selphie looked around and a look of surprise formed on her face, “I thought they followed me here. I guess they are still in the library…”
A flash of light shone through the cracks in the doorway to the library. Suddenly, all of the Pantsless stopped in their tracks and looked that way. They all began running that way.
“A Keyhole!” gasped Donald, “Daisy and the others must've found a Keyhole!”
“Is that what they were looking for all this time?” said Riku who was surprised that the Pantsless was now ignoring all of them. The boys slashed their way to the library and managed to get inside before the Pantsless did.
They all stared at the keyhole that appeared on one of the portraits. Finally, as Sora lifted the Keyblade to lock it, a swarm of Pantsless busted through the doors and everyone minus Sora proceeded to fight them off.
The Keyhole shimmered as a beam of light shot out from the Keyblade and through the Keyhole. A ding was heard. All the Pantsless stopped in their tracks.
At the second ding, they all vanished except one.
Goofy was left standing and dematerializing. He smiled sadly and saluted to Mickey. He then turned to Max.
“It's your turn to help save the worlds now, son. Make me proud,” he said. In a final effort, he walked over to Sora and Donald and held out his hand, “All for one and one for all, huh?”
Donald and Sora proceeded to shakily and nervously offer their hands but as they touched, Goofy was gone in a swirl of light.
“So that's what happened to him,” said Max. He looked utterly heartbroken.
“Right then, I guess its time to show whose boss,” Mickey spoke softly. He turned to the assembled teenagers.
“I'm sorry but I can't go with you. I have to check something out first. But I grant you good luck. Be careful out there. And may the pants be with you.”
“I just hope I can change out of this first,” muttered Riku who was still clad in his school uniform.
“No need,” said Sora who managed to hear him. He clapped a hand on Riku's shoulder, closed his eyes, and focused. A few seconds later, Riku's form began to glow.
When the glowing ended, Riku found that he was wearing his everyday outfit.
“Sora, what the?”
“I would've done it sooner but I was distracted…”
Riku blinked and shrugged as he changed the subject, “So how are we going to fit all of us in the Gummi Ship?”
“The Gummi Ship is dimensionally transcendental,” said Chip.
“It looks small on the outside but its much bigger inside!” explained Dale.
“We better go then,” said Kairi, “the worlds need our help.”
Sora grinned, “Alright but this time I'm going to pilot.”
“Oh no you don't,” glared Donald, “you are not going to get us killed with your driving!”
“What is that supposed to mean?”
“You know what I mean!”
As everyone burst out laughing at the scene before them, Max stood by the doorway, watching.
This is who dad traveled with all this time?
I guess my journey won't be so bad with these guys around.
He then smiled a genuine smile.
My story has begun after all.
***
In case some you didn't know, yes, Goofy does have a son named Max. He just didn't appear in the KH series, that's all. Ah, Goof Troop, how I miss you so...
I have figured out which shows/movies/anime/games/whatever I'll be using. Well, some of them. Expect to see Digimon, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Finding Nemo, Aladdin, Toy Story, Mary Poppins, Hunchback of Notre Dame, and others to appear either as cameos or as Worlds. Yay?
And now that I've said that, there goes probably most of my audience. Ohnoes! XD;
See you next time when I figured what will go first and stuff. *sweatdrops*
Ciao!