Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Living, Singing, Being ❯ Go The Distance ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fani: ahhh!!! Soooo sorry!!! I’ve had this done but too much things have been going on!! This was supposed to go up on Saturday, but I went to my brother’s house to watch the fight, and than on Sunday, my friends threw me a surprise Birthday party!! And than yesterday I had my final Confirmation class!!! Ahhhh!!! So sorry to keep you waiting ^_^ Jyou: She just wants to thank al those who reviewed, and wishes to let you know, that she loves all of you who read this, specilly those who review!! ^_^ Davis: she wants you to also know that she doesn’t own the song or the characters. Fani: yes! I would love too, but I don’t!! Davis: also….Her Birthday is tomorrow!!! MAY 10!!! Fani: yeap, my birthday! Hahaha, so think of this as a birthday present and a Mother’s Day gift!! cause for us Hispanics, May 10 is mother;s day!! So yay-uh!! Jyou: Yes, so now, on to the story? Fani: yes! And please review!! And thank you!! ^_^ you all make my birthday great!! And remember, someone is always thinking of you!!   On to the Story!! Please enjoy!!! ^_^   Title: Go the Distance Pairing: Axel/Roxas hints, and not quite sure if it really is Sora/Roxas or just friendship, but I’ll let you decided!! Summary: May be, if he stopped to think and take a look, he’ll notice he is already where he belongs. Notes: Okay, I love Roxas!! But I don’t know much of his story so….bear with me…and Sora just annoys me with the whole talk of Riku and Kairi, nothing against it, just too much, anyways, not sure what I wanted, but I rather like it!! ^_^ dunno, I find it cute in a weird way O_O   Hope you enjoy! To the distance we go!!         Go the Distance     He looks over the buildings as the sun sets. Everything is coated with red and oranges, making it look like a painting. Yet, he had never seen a painting quite like the real thing. He would pay an endless amount of money, for a painting expressing what a real sunset expresses. Yet, he knew that was not possible, but may be, if he dreamed it enough, it could happen. That is all he has now, though, dreams and dreams of senseless things. So many events flash through his mind, he can’t be sure which is his life and which is the dream.   He feels so lost, and alone, like he is missing something important. Every day, he comes out here, and sees the sunset, because all the red is just so, inviting. His friends always ask him about it, but he never answers, because he has no answer. He has no idea why he feels the way he does. Why is it he doesn’t feel at home here? Why does it feel like his heart is broken? Why does the red mean so much? Why does fire attract him as such? Why does he dream of a boy with blue eyes?   So many questions, but no one has the answers. Many at times, he tries to tell his friends, but they don’t understand. They never do, and he has to play it out like some joke. Sometimes, he wishes for something more, but he isn’t sure what that more is. Yet, he still wishes and dreams and as the sun sets, and night sets in, it feels like he is really back in Twilight Town……………..   But with night, comes the visitor. Through the day, he learned to keep away, to hide in dreams and illusions, because it hurts less. But it doesn’t last, it never does. He always finds himself, brought back to reality.      He stares intently into blue eyes, just like his own, who stare at him curiously. They don’t know, and don’t understand, for it is just a dream. He keeps away though, never stays long enough. The boy tries hard, and he is beginning to understand. Yet, the boy’s life keeps getting complicated.   The more events that go on, the more he wishes and dreams, and the more he hurts. People he remembers and he wished to see again, to be with, come and go. Close people, people he loved end up leaving. Nothing he could do, all he could do, is see them leave. Words form in his mind, and he tries to speak, but nothing. Only tears spring from the boy’s eyes, the sign that he cares, because he has no other way to show it.   Those times, is when he wishes and dreams, that he was back in Twilight Town. No, wishes he was back in the organization, with him, with everyone else, but specially him. Is it so wrong to wish that?   The boy looks at him with wonder every time he sees him, for he merges quite easily with the night. Since he learned the truth and became a part of the boy, he returned to his black robes. That was his home, the only place he felt right. Now it was gone, and the boy understood, but he couldn’t call him by name. The boy would speak out and cry out for him, but if he acknowledged him, he would acknowledge that all that happened was real. He would acknowledge his death, his fakeness, and that he wasn’t real.    Many things have happened, which he tries to forget every day, as he stares at the sunset, and relives his time in Twilight Town. Every day, it is the same routine, but he doesn’t dare call up on it.   But routines are made to be broken, just like when he was in the organization, and he broke it. He left all he had there, even one of the most important people in his life. When he was in Twilight Town, it was normal routine to hang out and do the same things. Yet, like always, he ruined that routine too, breaking away and leaving everything behind. This wasn’t any different, the routine was broken, and he was sent spiraling down into the unknown again.   “Why, do you turn away from me?” the boy asked, grabbing his arm. Blond hair fell down, covering blue eyes, body tensing. “To acknowledge you, would be acknowledging myself.” “Roxas, please.” Sora pleaded, tired of Roxas running. He didn’t understand, things had been happening but he wasn’t sure what was going on. He knew of Roxas, since the fight, but he didn’t know why Roxas kept away from him. “Sora…..” Roxas finally turned around, muttering the boy’s name, blue eyes meeting blue eyes. “I forgot how alike we look.” Sora gave a small grin. Roxas just looked at him, not saying a word. “The world won’t crash down, you know that.” Sora said, grinning pulling Roxas into a bench. The scenery changed from complete darkness to a beach scenery. “The world won’t crash down on me, because I don’t exist.” Roxas replied curtly. “Don’t say that. I exist, you exist.” Sora tried cheering Roxas up. “The reason I exist is because of you...” Roxas answered curtly. Sora ran a hand through his hair, he had been trying to communicate with his other self sooner, but Roxas was stubborn. “You’ve been inside of me for some time now, how come you didn’t show yourself sooner. Why didn’t you talk to me in my dreams, like right now?” Sora was curious. “Because I don’t want to be here, with you. I want to forget this is real, and so I wish to forget you.” Roxas answer, simply.   Sora found his heart break, at that answer. “Oh.” Roxas cocked his head to the side, staring intently at Sora. Blue eyes that use to be filled with life were now dull and dark, lifeless. Sora shivered as he stared into Roxas lifeless eyes. “Sorry, to have hurt you, but it is the truth.” Roxas amended. “I just thought we could be friends.” Sora spoke sadly. “I am the other part of you. We are one, we are friends.” Roxas tried again. “No, you are your own person. Or I wouldn’t be talking to you right now.” Sora pointed out. Roxas shook his head. “We are two but one, they made me separate, but with out you I am not complete, and without me, you are not complete. It is a packet deal, to put it simply. I have my own conscious, but it is not important.” Roxas explained. “Axel thought it was important.” Sora spoke softly; eyes trying to catch any change at the mention of that name. “Yes, he was one of the only ones. Yet, he is gone.” Roxas ended, feeling the sadness well up inside of him, before closing himself of again. “I believe it will be time for you to wake soon, Sora. May be, we’ll talk another time.” Roxas stood up breaking the conversation up, feeling himself slowly vanishing. Sora could feel himself being pulled back into the waking world.   Roxas let a small smile play on his lips as he stared at the sunset the next day. As he played out the day over again, he changed some things, made some things better, and tried each day different settings. He began to change his routine, slowly, but surely, he was changing.   Time passed, as Sora began getting stronger, striving to be strong enough to rescue his friends. Since that dream, Sora talked to Roxas more. Roxas began opening up to him, he wasn’t the normal Roxas, but he was better than before. He would still have the lifeless look, but a spark of life could still be found deep within. Sora kept hope up, and he began to see Roxas wasn’t so bad. He began to notice things, that he was glad to have a friend. Sora felt guilty for thinking it, but he was glad Roxas was there, for he didn’t feel lonely. He never did, because Roxas was always there. He knew Roxas heard his thoughts, but Roxas never mentioned it or brought it up. He didn’t yell at him or get angry, he would just give him a small smile, squeeze his hand, and go one with what he was talking about.   Sora began to wish and dream too. He began to wish of finding his friends, of settling and finishing fighting. He thought of Kairi, and if she was okay. He thought of Riku, and worrying where he was and what he was doing. He wished everything would end already, because this saving the world was tiring. It brought pain to people, and not every one seemed to have a happy ending. Sora couldn’t stand that, especially if he knew the person.  He wished and dreamed Roxas was real. He wished Roxas could be happy and have what he wants. Sora began to dream as he trained and fought. As Roxas dreamed and wished in his illusionary Twilight Town to be in the real world, Sora dreamed in the real world to be in the illusionary world. .   It had been a very tiring day, for Sora hadn’t slept that whole night, so Sora ended up going to sleep early, having done too much that day and being deprived of sleep from last night. He found himself in the dream world, in a Twilight Town. He turned around to see a breathless sunset. There, sitting on the edge, the light shining off of blonde hair was Roxas, eyes shining with hope and a small smile playing on his lips. Sora let a small smile appear on his face too, happy that Roxas was enjoying himself.   “Roxas.” He spoke out. Roxas jumped and whirled around, almost falling of the edge, if it weren’t for Sora’s quick thinking, making the edge appear again under Roxas. Roxas blinked and flushed embarrassedly. “Hey, what you doing here this early? Been working yourself too hard, huh?” Roxas shook his head. “I didn’t see you last night. You didn’t get any sleep did you?” Roxas scoffed at him, admonishing him for taking such poor care of himself. Sora smiled sheepishly. “Yeah, but I think I’m almost ready. In no time, things will finally end.”   “Well, not if you faint from sleep depravation, right? But come on!” Roxas grinned, and patted the spot next to him. Sora happily sat down next to him. “This is where you are most of the time?” Sora asked, looking out in to the town. Roxas nodded, and looked out into the city as well.   “It’s beautiful.” Sora muttered, feeling like he should say something. “You know you never have to say anything. I can hear it all. Yes, it is beautiful.” Roxas gave Sora a smile Sora blushed a tad bit, and nodded as Roxas explained. “I guess I’m not use to someone being able to listen to my thoughts.” Sora said, tried to explain himself. Roxas placed a finger on Sora’s lips. “Shhh, watch the sunset.” Roxas smiled, before removing his finger and looking out and to the horizon. Sora smiled and looked out as well.   “Roxas, I know you know already, but I’m glad you are here.” Sora blurted out, feeling bad. “Tsk tsk, took you long enough to tell me, neh?” Roxas turned to look at him, for the sunset was gone, replaced by the dark velvet night sky. The moon was out, giving a soft glow to all things below her.   “I’m sorry.” Sora muttered. Roxas chuckled and shook his head. “Yes, I have not forgotten my life and my dreams. How it felt to be alive and feeling like I belonged. Being your own person, not having to stand and watch, because you don’t have the power to do anything. I tend to wish with all my heart, if I had one of course, for my life back.” Roxas spoke softly, letting the wind carry out his words. “I know, it is selfish of me, but-“ Sora felt bad for thinking such evil things. Roxas shook his head and placed a finger on Sora’s lips again. “You need to learn to be quiet.” Roxas smiled, before continuing. “Yes, I dream of those things, but it is nights like this, that keep my sanity. Having someone else, feeling complete. Yes, I miss things, but this is also good. I know I will miss, having this nights, and this feelings. I can’t lie, right now; I wish to stay here forever, when I’m with you.” Roxas looked up at the moon. Sora didn’t know what to say to that, so he played it safe and stayed quiet. Roxas grinned at that.   “I have often dreamed.” Roxas stood up. “Of a far of place….” Roxas open his arms, wide open. “Where a great warm welcome will be waiting for me!” The scenery changes, and there in front are his friends from Twilight Town and his friends from organization XIII. Sora bits his lip, fighting back the urge to say something. “Where the crowds will cheer when they see my face.” The group breaks out into cheers, calling his name and motioning him to come over. Roxas eyes sadden; a bitter smile adorned his face.   “And a voice keeps saying. This is where I’m meant to be.” Roxas mutters, shaking his head, making the images slowly fade away, into a clear night sky again. Sora frowned and stood up, placing a hand on Roxas’ shoulder. “I will find my way,” Roxas turned around and looked at Sora.   “I can go the distance,” Roxas muttered, letting a small smile pay on his lips. “I’ll be there some day, if I can be strong.” Roxas clench his eyes shut, trying his best to keep his emotions in check, because he had to be strong and not give in.   “I know every mile will be worth my while,” Roxas choked out. Sora immediately wrapped his arms around Roxas’ shoulders, bringing him into his chest. “I will go most anywhere, to feel like I belong.” Roxas muttered into Sora’s chest, finally letting all his emotions out. Sora’s warmth and kindness was the final straw, and everything just crashed down on him. His sadness and anger, all that he kept bottled inside came out. His whole body shook terribly, hands clenched tightly to Sora’s shirt. Sora just rubbed Roxas’ back and hugged him tight.   Sora gently guided Roxas down to a sofa, for Sora had changed the scenery to a living room. Roxas just held onto Sora tighter, not wanting to let go. Sora just wrapped his arms around Roxas and sat there, letting Roxas calm down.   “You are on your way.”  Sora muttered, after Roxas had calmed down, breath calm and body stilled. “You can go the distance,” Sora carried on, gently running his hand through Roxas’ hair. “You don’t care how far,” Sora muttered. Roxas sighed, relaxing into Sora, as Sora kept running his hand through his hair.   “Somehow you’ll be strong,” Sora took hold of Roxas’ chin, and gently raise his face so they could look at each other’s eyes. “I know every mile,” Sora gently caresses Roxas cheek. “Will be worth your while.” Sora smiled, his joyful blue eyes stared down at Roxas’.   “I will go most anywhere,” Roxas felt himself smiling, feeling better. “To find where I belong.” Roxas finally let a smile conquer his face, eyes sparkling. Roxas chuckled and let his head rest on Sora’s chest again.   “We just have to take life as it comes.” Sora shrugged, speaking out after a few minutes of silence. “Yeah.” Roxas muttered, tiredly. The emotional breakdown had tired him down. “I guess you’ll be starting your journey, huh?” Sora asked, a hint of disappointment in his voice.   “Hmm, why you say that?” Roxas blinked, moving sluggishly back, looking at Sora. “Well, you have to find where you belong.” Sora elaborated to what he had said before. “Nope.” Roxas shook his head. “But?” Sora frowned, confuse. “My journey is already done.” Roxas explained. Sora just looked at him confused, still not getting it. Roxas giggled. “No need for me to go on a journey right now, because I’ve found where I belong.” Roxas kissed Sora’s cheek, a soft brush of lips on cheek. “I believe its time for you to wake up.” Roxas stood up, vanishing into the darkness, leaving a very shocked and surprise Sora. Sora could feel the waking world calling. Smiling and touching his cheek, Sora let himself wake into the real world. Roxas smiled, as he looked out from Sora’s eyes. They made each other whole, and for now, he’ll be content. Until the time came to be reunited, with his red haired love, but for now, Sora was more than enough, a lot more than he deserved. Roxas grinned, before slipping of into his illusionary Twilight Town.   End………   Well…….What did you guys think? Yeap, me too! I thought it was a rather nice ending, though a bit out of character…….but I couldn’t think of anyone else that would fit the song, because well, poor Roxas!!! I fell in love him the first time I saw him! oh, anyways, tell me what you think!! And HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!! To all those who’ve read, roses and big stuffed bears!! And  also to those who reviewed, get a Roxas plushie and an Axel plushie because he deserves loving too!! Anywyas, I’m off hoping to have the next part this coming weekend, but I’ll see what happens…hmmm, Luv Ya all!! Ta! R&R     “Go the Distance” Hercules Song I have often dreamed Of a far of place Where a great warm welcome will be waiting for me Where the crowds will cheer when they see my face And a voice keeps saying This is were I’m meant to be I will find my way I can go the distance I’ll be there some day If I can be strong I know every mile will be worth my while I will go most anywhere To feel like I belong I am on my way I can go the distance I don’t care how far Somehow I’ll be strong I know every mile Will be worth my while I will go most anywhere To find where I belong   R&R