Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Memory ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

 
Disclaimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts.
 
 
Namine walked along the main road of twilight town. She hadn't been here since Castle Oblivion. She looked at her watch, which read 6:00. She found a spot on a bench and sat down, stairing at the sun, wondering, thinking. Sora should have been released from his flower shaped pod by now… his memories restored fully and most likely trying to find his friends. She tucked her hair behind her ear and let out a sigh of contempt. She hated doing that. Hurting Sora… erasing all of his memories, almost as bad as returning all of his memories. He forgot about her. Nothing more. Yet… all of her dreams, drawings, now consisted of him. One of her drawings she and Sora were kissing.
 
“Do I really love him…that much?” She asked herself outloud. It was impossible, it could never ever happen. If she allowed Marluxia to continue his plans and use her, he would have been hurt deeply. Just for a false memory he would protect her. In the end his heart would never forget Kairi completely. He promised her that he would come back to her… what right did she have to come between them?
 
She flipped through her sketchbook and found the one where they were kissing. She stood up, ripping the drawing from the bind and found herself at the edge of the sidewalk. She ripped it up and tossed it down into the dark pit, crying as she did it.
 
It could never be.
 
She picked up her sketchbook again and flipped through it once more. Every picture consisted of Sora she ripped one out and through the sketchbook into the dark pit along with the many pictures of Sora. Except for the one she held to her chest. In a way it was sort of an addiction. She felt her hot tears stain her dress as she heard footsteps approaching. She turned her head and saw Sora. It wasn't a drawing, it wasn't an illusion, and it was Sora.
 
“Are you okay Miss?” He asked politely bending down a bit. His blue eyes shone with genuine concern.
 
She smiled through her tears. “I'm alright.” She clutched the drawing closer to her.
 
“Are you sure?” He asked again.
 
She nodded, her hair bobbing up and down. “I'm sure.”
 
`I guess I can live… just being a memory. Just to see him happy, my pain is worth it.'
 
It will be our light that brings us together…”