Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Organization XIII: Emerald Chaos ❯ Organization XIII: Emerald Chaos ^Welcomed^ ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Axel pounded pointlessly on the metal door in front of him. “Roxas, open the door! You can’t hide in there forever!”

He paused to listen. He could hear his friend moving around. “Roxas!” he shouted again. Suddenly the door flew open. “WHAT?!” his friend screamed.

Axel jumped back, chuckling. He pushed his red hair out of his eyes and leaned against the wall behind him.

Roxas snarled and backed into his chamber. Just as he closed the door, Axel shot a jet of red flame at the door, conjured up a portal of darkness and stepped into it.

Roxas ignored the searing heat from the fire and slammed his door shut. As he turned around, a black patch blossomed in front of him and Axel stepped out. Roxas screamed in fury. “Axel!” He snapped his fingers and a portal appeared. “I just want to be alone,” he spat at Axel.

“Hey buddy, I just want to help!” said Axel, running up and grabbing Roxas’ arm. “I’m your friend,” he said soothingly.

“Fine,” Roxas said, calming down slightly.

“Now what’s wrong?” Axel asked, seating his friend on the bed next to him.

“Naminé,” Roxas said simply.

“Ah. She’s missing again?”

“Yeah.”

Suddenly both friends stiffened. “What does Xemnas want?” Axel muttered as he stood. He conjured up a portal and motioned for Roxas to follow. Roxas echoed the question, but Axel just shrugged and followed his friend through the portal.

They stepped out of the darkness to find themselves in a room. In the room there were a few other men. Others were appearing through identical black portals.

Axel and Roxas walked forwards, and soon there were nine other men in black cloaks forming a semi-circle around one man–Xemnas.

Xemnas looked around at the hooded figures. “Remove your hoods,” he said icily. The men moved in unison, dropping black hoods to their shoulders to reveal curious faces.

“Tonight, my friends,” Xemnas began, “we have a rather...permanent... guest. Ever since the loss of Larxene, we have been short a member. But I have found a replacement. Welcome Emerald Chaos.”

A flash of light caught the attention of Organization XIII. But it was gone. Suddenly there was another, and a black-hooded figure stood in front of Xemnas.

He spoke again. “Emerald Chaos is far more than just a replacement for Larxene. She greatly exceeds the Savage Nymph’s abilities, and many of yours. She is exactly what we need to complete Kingdom Hearts.”

Xemnas strode forward and stopped directly in front of Emerald Chaos. She dipped her head slightly, acknowledging the Superior. Xemnas gently pushed back her hood, to reveal the face of the Nobody.

From behind, all Axel could see of Emerald Chaos was waist-length black hair, and a slender waist that was accented by her black outfit.

Axel and Roxas watched as the Organization members facing her front sucked in their breath and tried to hold back smirks.

Xemnas smiled. “It is good to see your face again, I am glad that DiZ did not leave his mark.” Axel glanced at Roxas. DiZ? What did he have to do with this?

Emerald Chaos spoke for the first time. “Oh, but he left his mark, Xemnas. Can you not see it? Or have you become so blind with the darkness that you can’t notice change? The winds of change are coming, and they have already hit me.” Then she threw her head back and laughed. It was a sharp laugh, one that made you flinch.

She then turned to face Axel and Roxas’ side of the semi-circle. Everyone gasped.

Emerald Chaos’ appearance was shocking. She had black bangs down to just above her eye-level, with the ends tinted red. Her features were striking, with sharp curves and angles, almost feline. But the most shocking part about her was her eyes. Bright silver with slivers of green, she had a powerful, searching gaze that could hold you on the spot.

Axel was struck by the force of her gaze. It was almost as if there was something around her, some invisible force emanating off her.

Her gaze fell on him. “Axel!” she whispered, and she was gone. He saw a white light flashing toward him, and suddenly she was behind him, running his hands over his shoulders.

Shivers ran up and down Axel’s spine. “H-how do you know me?” he managed to croak out.

“How long I’ve waited to hear that voice,” she murmured. Then-“Saïx!” She flashed over to Saïx, a blur of light until she stopped. She ran a finger up his chest until it came to rest on his lips. His eyes went blurry, and he opened his mouth to speak. “Not a word,” she whispered.

She continued around, stopping at certain Organization members. Those not touched or noticed looked sulky and jealous.

In the end, she stopped next to Axel, at Roxas. Roxas watched her every movement, taking her in.

“Ah, the Key of Destiny. You look strikingly familiar, Roxas. You know...” she looked around slyly, “I know your Other, Sora.”

Those closest hissed when they heard her words. It was forbidden to speak of your Other, or anyone else’s, for that matter.

Suddenly Xemnas was next to her, grasping her arm. “Chaos, you know the laws. Do not disobey them, lest the Dusks have you.”

Emerald Chaos laughed again, revealing pointed teeth, like a vampire’s. “You flatter me, Xemnas. But laws do not hinder me, they bend for me. As my power exceeds even yours, the laws mean nothing to me.

Xemnas looked disgruntled. She winked at him, and then was gone through a portal of darkness.