Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Organization XIII: Emerald Chaos ❯ Organization XIII: Emerald Chaos ^Fight^ ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Axel let out a breath. “She’s amazing,” he sighed. Roxas chuckled at his friend’s stupidity. “Yeah,” he answered softly.
“But,” Axel continued, “what about Nam–“
He was cut off by a portal appearing to his left. A blond girl in a short white dress stepped out, frowning slightly.
“Naminé!” Roxas shouted, and ran over and grabbed her hand, but she snatched it away and crossed her arms.
“Naminé what’s wrong?” Axel asked coolly. He had always resented the fact that Naminé was as close to Roxas a he was.
“Have you forgotten me already for that Emerald Chaos?” she asked accusingly.
“No!” Roxas protested, “she’s just... well... she’s...”
“You HAVE!” Naminé shouted and conjured up a portal.
“Naminé, no! It’s not like that!” Roxas said desperately. “You were gone, I was hurt that you left, and she distracted me!”
Axel watched, amused, as Roxas tried to keep Naminé from leaving. Finally, he knew he needed to help, no matter how much he disliked Naminé.
“Naminé, SHUT UP!” he roared. She glared at him. He strode over and grabbed her roughly, pushing her up against the wall. She struggled to conjure a portal while he spoke.
“Roxas is right, you’re not. There’s something about Emerald Chaos that no one else has. She even had Saïx on his knees. There’s just something about her that none of us have felt before. She feels real.”
Naminé’s expression softened. But suddenly it hardened again when a voice spoke from across the room.
“Why, thank you, Axel. How flattering. Even Xemnas couldn’t top that.”
Axel and Roxas turned to see Emerald Chaos walking slowly across the room. Axel let Naminé drop; she fell into a heap on the floor. She watched, disgusted, as Axel and Roxas both circled her, looking her over. Unbidden, a gust of wind swept the room. When they stopped moving, she snapped her fingers and the wind picked up speed, unbalancing Axel and Roxas with its strength.
Although Axel had been dulled by Emerald Chaos’ strange power, he could still tell if he was being attacked. Instinctively he summoned his chakrams, filling the room with the light of the fire surrounding them. Next to him, the Keyblade appeared in Roxas’ hands.
Emerald Chaos laughed lightly, and the wind got stronger. “Put those toys away, boys. You know you can’t match my power, for my element is wind, the forbidden force. Feel the Breath of Wind!”
There was something about her voice that had changed. As she spoke, her voice rose to a fevered pitch, almost slicing the air. But that didn’t bother the friends.
Axel and Roxas roared in unison and charged. She laughed again, and was gone, suddenly behind them. She sent an even stronger gust of wind at them that knocked them off their feet. Naminé screamed.
As Axel somersaulted through the air, he pointed his chakrams at Emerald Chaos and shouted, “BURN!” Fire shot from his weapons and hit her squarely in the chest. She screamed as the fire engulfed her.
Suddenly the fire was smothered by darkness, and Emerald Chaos emerged, unscathed. But Roxas was on her, striking blow after blow with the Keyblade.
It ended with Emerald Chaos sprawled across Roxas’ bed, Naminé trying to hide in a corner, and Xemnas clutching Axel and Roxas in wraps of darkness a few feet off the ground.
His anger was unmatched. “What are you doing?” he shouted, bringing the darkness up their bodies, closer to their throats.
“Don’t!” Naminé shouted and stepped forward. Xemnas let the darkness slither further up Roxas’ body. She stopped.
“You feel something, Naminé?” Xemnas taunted. “Well you shouldn’t! You are a Nobody! You don’t have a heart! Leave, now!” She didn’t move.
“But that’s what makes the three of us different, Xemnas,” Axel spat. “We feel things normal Nobodies don’t. You may be the Superior, but you don’t have a-“
He was cut off by the darkness completely engulfing his body. “Axel!” Roxas shouted. Axel thrashed terribly, but you could see his movements slowing. The darkness was consuming him.
“You’re killing him!” Roxas shouted. “Please! Stop! Stop before...”
“Look!” Naminé shouted. Xemnas let loose the darkness. It disappeared into thin air as Roxas and Axel fell to the floor. Axel was gasping, clawing at his throat. He finally calmed down, and the two friends looked up.
Emerald Chaos’ chest was glowing. Her ragged breath slowed, her chest stopped heaving. A thin, shining line rose to the edge of her skin. “No,” Xemnas breathed. Axel nearly cried with relief. So this was her strange power. She had a heart.
Axel couldn’t help himself. “Xemnas, your discovery was a failure. Your ‘Chaotic Emerald’ turned out to be a mortal. She wasn’t even a Nobody.”
“Silence, fool,” hissed Xemnas. “She may still be of use to us yet.”
“Xemnas, she has power,” Axel said from the floor, “we all know that. Power that exceeds mine. Power that exceeds yours. She’s a danger to the Organization. She could take over and no one would oppose her, because they would all be under her spell. You saw their reactions. Even Saïx couldn’t control himself. I suggest you get rid of her, now.”
Xemnas scowled. “No,” he snarled, and suddenly Axel and Roxas were wrapped up in darkness again, right in front of him. “You will tell no one of this, understand? Neither you, Naminé. If word of this reaches my ears, I will come straight to you, and the Dusks can have you.”
He let them drop. Emerald Chaos was stirring. He strode over to her and picked her up bridal-style. Axel stood up and said, “What about punishment, Xemnas? Should I expect to see something?”
“Do not cross me, Axel. You are lucky I haven’t sent you to the Dusks already for this display of utter incompetence. Oh, and when the time comes, you are going to the Dusks first.” And he was gone through a portal.