Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Polar Opposites ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fuu shifted nervously in place, wondering how exactly things were to change now that she had her first real boyfriend. Her nervous look turned to deviousness as she turned on her friend. "Rai, t-truth or dare?"

Rai looked shocked, blushing faintly. He was quite into talking with Olette, now that his friend was happy again. "Truth, y'know? I'm not one for dares..."

Seifer laughed. "You had me fooled there, Rai!"

Fuu smiled sweetly, hiding her intentions. "Is it true... you like Olette?"

Rai blushed a deep crimson and glanced to the other girl nervously, before looking back to Fuu. "Y-yeah, I do."

Olette couldn't stop the blush from crossing her face. 'Did... did I hear him right?' she thought, her mind racing. She watched as Rai turned to face her, his face still crimson, and she figured hers looked similar.

Roxas looked from Olette to Rai and back again several times, trying to take in this little bit of information. 'So that's why she always turned down every guy that asked her out!!' he concluded with an understanding nod.

Hayner smiled. He knew that Olette actually liked Rai, and even if he hadn't overheard her when she was talking in her sleep one time when she was asleep in the usual spot, he would easily be able to tell now, simply because of the shade of her face. It rivaled the crimson tinge to Rai's, and he smiled at the interaction between the two.

Rai then came to realize it was his turn to ask. He smiled sweetly to Olette. "Hey... truth or dare?"

Seifer pulled Hayner close and whispered sweet nothings in his ear for a moment, with promises of fun-times later on. Yeah, he was joking... for the most part.

Fuu, while watching the interactions of the others, began to feel out of place and gave a pleading look to Roxas, hoping he'd come and join her.

Olette thought about it for a minute, weighing her options. 'If I choose truth, I might have to admit something I don't want to admit... but if I choose dare... I might have to do something I don't want to do...' She couldn't decide which one she should pick, so she just randomly said the first one that popped into her head.

"Dare!!"

Hayner smiled at the thought of what Seifer had promised. Well, that and being so close to Seifer and being able to feel his warm breath on his ear. He couldn't keep the grin from leeching onto his face as he snuggled closer to the warm body that held him.

"I'll hold you to that," he whispered to the older blonde, smiling up at him with a mischievous look in his eyes.

Roxas noticed the look on Fuu's face and stood from where he sat. He walked over to her and couldn't help but smile at the faraway look she had on her face.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked her softly.

Rai smiled. "I dare you to answer this honestly: will you go out with me?"

Leave it to Rai to find some sorta-cute way to ask a girl out. Not like he ever had to do that before; he only liked one or two before Olette, and none of them held his attention for this long.

Seifer nuzzled him, kissing his cheek. "Oh, you have no idea what I intend to do, my Hayner..." he purred, his voice velvety smooth and warm breath tickling the other's bare skin.

Fuu smiled up to him and nodded. "Was... hoping you would..." The once-loud, unafraid young lady was reduced to a shy schoolgirl within the matter of 10 minutes.

Olette blushed. She was nervous, but she knew exactly what she wanted to say.

"Y-yeah," she said, her face turning a deeper shade of crimson, one that she thought she would never see before. When she saw the smile that Rai gave her, though, she felt a strange fluttering in her chest. 'I... he looks really good when he smiles...' she though, only succeeding in achieving a new color that would make a tomato jealous.

Hayner smiled and closed his eyes while he let Seifer's warm breath dance across his skin. It sent tingling sensations up and down his spine.

"Well, I sure hope to find out," he whispered, his eyes still closed and a lazy smile on his face.

Roxas smiled as he sat down next to Fuu, noticing how shy she had gotten since they had shared their first kiss together. He had to admit, it was a definite change from her usual, monotone self, but he liked it. He felt himself scoot closer to her, and he hoped that he wasn't being too forward. After all, they had just started 'going out', and they hadn't really done anything but kiss.

Rai smiled again. "...You're even more beautiful when you blush..." How strong the temptation was to add his catchphrase, but really, was it always needed?

Seifer glanced around and smiled inwardly. "You know, we could totally ditch these lamers, take over Rai's room... and you could find out now." No, despite his talk, Seifer wasn't planning much. That was his style. Talk enough to get the other blushing and then... do nothing. How wonderful!

Fuu glanced to him, her blush naturally deeper on her pale complexion. Slowly, she slid her hand into his, her silent way of saying she didn't mind. That sweet smile was rarely seen and she curled up a bit closer to him herself, almost instantly aware of the increasing intensity of the storm outside.

Olette felt her blush deepen. "Thanks..." she said shyly, glancing up at Rai before she looked down at her feet. She'd never felt this strongly for someone before, so it was a strange feeling, this sense of elation. She felt like she was as happy as she'd ever been before.

Hayner felt the blush creeping up on his face, but he considered Seifer's offer. He didn't want to get too into it, seeing as they'd only been together for a few hours now, but just the prospect of being alone with the object of his affections sent a delighted tingle up his spine.

"I'm seriously considering taking you up on that offer," he said softly, smiling up at the older blonde. "It's a very tempting proposition."

Roxas felt Fuu curling closer to him, and he in turn snuggled closer to her, gently running his thumb over the side of her hand. He too was aware of the storm raging outside, but as long as they were all safe and dry inside, he didn't care.

Well, until the lights shut off, that is.
 
 
 
Toldja it'd be longer this time around!!! This is where we actually started the emails. Everything before this was written in our spiral, so they might get longer now. ^w^ This might be it for awhile, since I don't know when FstLtHawkeye's gonna post the next chapter on DeviantArt. Yeah, that's our deal. She gets dA and I get FF and MM. ^w^
 
Stay tuned for the next installment of `Polar Opposites'!!!!!