Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Selexia: A Living Weapon ❯ Chapter 2:: I Am...? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2:: I Am...?
A girl, a little shorter than himself, most likely, was laying down by a giant rock, the shadow covering her face. A tiny jumping jack bloomed near her face, and seemed to try and tickle her ear. One of her feet was in the water, as if she had fallen when getting out of the water. She wore a plain khaki and green dress that came to her knees. A pair of black footless leggings lay near on top of the rock, along with a pair of black sandals.Axel stepped closer, not sure whether she was sleeping or she was in pain. He decided that he should at least check, in case it was the latter. He walked silently up to her, and leaned down near her. He checked to see whether she was still breathing. Thankfully, she was. He leaned closer to hear her breathe, just to make sure it wasn't the wind.“What are you doing?”Axel sprung up. The girl looked at him, still slightly sleepy. “Are you ok?” Axel asked.“What is 'ok'?” the girl asked.Axel laughed. “You know, like, you're alright. Are you hurt?” he asked, trying to be nice to her.She tried to sit up, but winced. “I don't know...” She lay back down again. “I can't...” Then, she sighed and gave up. “I don't know what I am,” she answered.Axel looked at her, confused. “You don't...know what you are?” She nodded, confirming his statement. “So, how do you feel?”“What is 'feel'?” she asked him.“What?” he jumped up. “You don't know what it is to feel?”“I asked you what it was...” she said, glaring and turning red with embarrassment.Axel sighed, and sat down. “To feel is...well, in this meaning of 'feel', I'm asking you if you hurt anywhere or if something doesn't feel right. Do you feel alright?”“I 'feel' cold...” she said. “I can't 'feel' my legs, or much else, for that matter,” she answered, looking down herself.“So, you can't move?” he asked her. She tried to get up again. “I'll take that as a no...” Axel touched her arm, trying to pull her up. The girl winced at his touch. “What's wrong?”“I...don't know...it just...feels...different,” she said, trying to communicate her feelings.“Is it 'pain'?” he asked her.“What is-”“Pain is what you feel when you're hurt,” Axel said, answering her question before it was completely said.“Then, yes, I feel a lot of pain when I move.”Axel thought for a second. “Well, then, we'll have to do this!” He pulled her up quickly, and carried her in his arms. The girl slowly turned a pink color. “What's wrong?”“Well, you're...warm? Is that the word?”Axel smiled and laughed. “Yeah, that's the word, and I suppose that I am warmer than most people!”She smiled. “Well, that's alright...it doesn't hurt so much anymore...” she said, slowly falling asleep.
=================When she woke up, she was still in that boy's arms. They were coming to a dark, gargantuan castle. He walked confidently over a translucent path that led right to the castle's main gates.She looked up at the boy. He was a little taller than herself, with really long and spiky, flame red hair. His eyes were a brilliant green, and he seemed to concentrate on the doors ahead. Then she realized something. “I don't know his name!”She looked at him intently. “What should I call you?”He looked down at her, surprised. “Oh, you're awake?! I didn't realize...how long have you been awake?”“Long enough...” she said, mysteriously. The boy turned red. “Hmm...what happened while I was asleep?” she wondered. “I came to when we started crossing the path,” she explained. He seemed to calm down at that knowledge. “Can you answer my question?”“Oh! Yeah...you can call me Axel. A-X-E-L...got it memorized?” he said, grinning.She copied how his mouth went up into a smile. The whole “showing feelings and emotions” was still new to her.The doors opened. A tall man with terribly tan skin and white-silver hair stood at the entrance way. Twelve people stood behind him.“Axel? You're late...you didn't return with your group,” the man said. “What is that?” he asked, referring to the girl.“I found her on the outskirts of Traverse Town,” Axel explained. “She's in pain.”All of the people stared at her. The girl blushed.The man looked at her. “Come with me.” Axel looked at the girl, then followed the man up a grand staircase. The man turned around at a white door. “I didn't mean you. She can come on her own.”Axel gave the man a fierce look. “I told you, she's in pain. She can't walk right now. She said moving causes her a lot of pain.”The man gave in and nodded. Axel looked down at her and smiled, proud that he had gotten his way. They followed him through the door, into what seemed like a laboratory/doctor examination room. She girl started to shudder and shake. “I...can't stop!” she realized.Axel looked down at her. “Are you ok?”“Um...I don't know...I can't stop shaking...”Axel smiled at her. “Are you scared or something?” She didn't answer.The man looked at them. “Put it on the table,” he said.Axel set the girl down. “Can you stand?”“Y-yeah...I think so,” she answered quietly. Then she turned her attention to the man. “First of all, I am not an “it”!” she said, getting angry. “Also, I want to know where I am! Who are you people??”The man just smiled. “To comment on your “first” comment, you don't even know what you are, do you? Secondly, you don't need to know yet...I will say if and when you can know...you already know Axel, so that's too much already.”The girl gave him a look, then turned to Axel. He looked uncomfortable.“Now, as I said before, I want you to lay down on the table.”As she stepped closer, he suddenly seemed confused. “What is it?” she asked, still unhappy with him.He shook his head. “We'll find out in a minute...just do what I say. You want to know what you are, right?”She nodded, then got up onto the table. He went behind a curtain. She heard some clicking of buttons. She shivered.“Are you afraid?” Axel asked.“Of what? Knowing what I am?”“Yeah...what if it's something you don't like? We try to figure out who and what we are, exactly.”She looked at him. “You don't know who you are?” she asked, confused.He chuckled and sighed in reply, leaving the question unanswered. Then, the man came out from behind the curtain. “Axel? Can you come in here?” Axel slowly walked behind the curtain. The girl heard more clacking of buttons, then heard the man saying something to Axel in a low whisper.Then, she heard a final button clicked, and a scanner moved above her head. It slowly moved down, then scanned her whole body. “What are they doing?” she wondered. She slowly felt herself getting sleepy again. “Hmm..I guess the day is catching up with me...” she thought to herself. Then she slipped into sleep's darkness.