Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Selexia: A Living Weapon ❯ Chapter 3:: Welcome to the World That Never Was ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3:: Welcome to the World That Never Was
"Welcome back."The girl awoke to the sound of that mysterious man's voice. She got up off the table, and rubbed her eyes. "So, what're the results?"Axel stepped out from behind the curtain, and leaned against the wall."Axel? What happened?? Do you know what I am?" she asked urgently.Axel looked down, like he didn't want to say. The girl started getting afraid of the answer. "Just tell me! One of you!"The man stepped closer to her. "Um, you're a Nobody," he said."But, I am somebody! Everyone's got to be somebody!" she said.The man chuckled. "Yes, but Nobodys are different. It's not like I'm saying that you're not a somebody...but you aren't exactly human..."The girl stared at him. "What do you mean?"The man sighed. "Let's go down to 'the room', 'kay? We can all talk about this." Then, he stepped out the door, then closed it. "you can come down when you'r ready...just don't take too long," he said through the closed door, then left.The girl sat in silence for a minute, staring at the floor. Then, she walked over to Axel. "Did you know what I was?" she asked.Axel didn't look at her. "No...I didn't know..."he said, quietly. He looked sad."What? Is being a Nobody bad?? What does it mean?" she all but yelled.Axel sighed, a slight smile on his face. He was trying to look positive and reassuring for her. "No, it isn't really 'bad'...but I know how you feel in that aspect.""How could you know?"He sighed again. "Because that's what we are...that's what I am." He finally met her eyes. He understood how confused she was, even though they didn't say it aloud.Then, he grabbed her hand, smiling, and they ran out of the room. They went down the stairs, then finally came to a pair of giant doors. "You can sit with me, 'kay? I doubt he'll have a chair or anything for you," Axel said, grinning.He opened the door, and led her through. She was now in a white room, with many white chairs. Twelve of the thirteen people she had seen when she first cam here (not counting Axel) sat on the giant, raised chairs, including the tall man. The thirteenth was standing by the tall man's chair, with the hood over the person's face.Axel led her to, what she guessed was, his chair. They hovered up, and sat down. The tall man stood up, signaling for them to all take off their hoods."Now, everyone...I'm sure you're all aware of her situation...so let's get on with it. First of all, we must explain to her what a Nobody is.""Shouldn't we explain ourselves first?" questioned Axel."But we can't explain what we are if we don't explain Nobodys..." said the man, sighing."You could at least tell her your names," Axel mumbled."Anyway, who here can explain fully what a Nobody is?" the man asked.A man with long, sandy blond hair raised his hand. "I believe I can." The silver-white haired man nodded. The blond haired man started to speak, clearing his throat. "Nobodys are nothing, yet they still exist...do you know what a Heartless is?" he asked her. She shook her head. "Alright, a Heartless is what is created when a person's heart is taken over by darkness. It looks like a black thing with antennae, and glowing yellow eyes."The girl shuddered. She felt like she knew all too well what he was talking about. "Yes, please continue."He nodded. "When a Heartless is created, a Nobody is also created. Nobodys are the body and soul of the person who lost their heart to the darkness. We have no hearts to possess light or darkness, therefore we are shunned by both. There are different types of Nobodys. This is a Dusk Nobody," he said, pointing towards the door. A silver being with white and black markings came into the room. "They are the most common form of Nobody...here are some others." More Nobodys came into the room, in groups, depending on their type."But, you guys...I mean we...look different from them!" she said, confused.He smiled at her. "Yes, we are. Our original person's heart was stronger than their..." pointing to the other Nobodys,"...original person's heart...therefore we are stronger and kept our human shape. Do you understand?"She nodded. "Yeah, I think so...""Good. Now, we are Organization XIII. We are a group of Nobodys...and we can control the lesser ones, depending on their type and such.""I see..."The white-silver haired man cleared his throat. "Alright...so, now you understand what you are, and what we are...I think that, the best thing for now, is to let you stay with us...we are working to figure out who some of us originally were. Some of us already know...we'll work to know who you were, and what happened to you. You seem not to remember much...do you remember anything? he asked her.She thought as hard as she could. Suddenly, something came to her."Sssss...Sele...shia...Selia..." she said, trying to remember."Seleshia?" Axel asked."It sounds similar to that..." she said, still thinking.Axel thought for a minute of things that sounded close to it. "Selecia...Selesia...Selexia...""That's it!" she yelled. "Selexia!""What do you think that is?" the tall man asked her.She thought hard."I think that's her name," Axel said. She nodded in agreement.The man proceeded to speak again. "So, Selexia...let me introduce you to the rest of the Organization...and welcome to the Land That Never Was!"