Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Over ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
 
 
14 year old Cloud Hikaru was watching his two 9 year old twin brothers, Sora and Roxas play in the backyard from their bedroom window they shared. A phone ringing in the kitchen made him turn from the window and run to answer the phone. It was the call that changed their lives forever.
Chapter 1
(Five Years Later)
19 year old Cloud was packing his black F150 with boxes of their stuff. They were going to live at the Traverse Town University. There Sora and Roxas were going to finish high school then take college classes with Cloud there. After the call that told them that their parents along with other families had gone missing during a tour on the ship their parents were on, each of them were affected by the news differently. Cloud felt a sharp pang in his heart when thinking of his mother, Sora no longer smiled and the life in his eyes dulled and Roxas became short-tempered and no longer hung out with his friends.
"COME ON SORA, ROXAS! I WOULD LIKE TO GET ON THE ROAD BEFORE DARK!" Cloud shouted.
"IN A MINUTE CLOUD! ROXAS IS ALMOST DONE PACKING!" Sora shouted back. A few minutes later they came running out with their suitcases. Cloud placed them in the back with the rest of their stuff and covered it with a blue tarp. Roxas and Sora climbed into the truck and they were off to their new home.

16 year old Riku Nakamura watching his 19 year old brother Leon spar against Auron the co-captain of the dueling team. While his 16 year old brother Axel was twirling his chakrams in boredom since his best friend Demyx wanted to play his sitar instead of fight. Riku glanced up when he heard a diesel truck pull into the entrance gate. Leon, Auron, Axel and Demyx watched with Riku as a 19 year old boy get out telling whoever was in the truck to stay put and walk inside admissions. A few minutes later he came out and got back into his truck and headed for the dorms.
Axel walked over to Riku and sat down. "Wonder who that was." he said. Riku shrugged as Leon and Auron continued their sparring.
"WILL AXEL, RIKU AND LEON NAKAMURA PLEASE REPORT TO THE DORMS." They heard from the speakers in the arena. Riku stood and stretched out the kinks in his back from sitting for so long and started walking out of the arena. Axel waved goodbye to Demyx and ran after Riku.
"Go on. They probably found more recruits for us, who knows we may need them." Auron said as he swung his big sword onto his shoulders. Leon nodded and put his gun blade in the sheath behind his back and ran after his brothers. When they entered the office at the dorms they saw the boy from earlier and two others next to him. The principal, Cid Highwind, was standing in front of them with his arms crossed. His usual cigarette was hanging from the side of his mouth.
"About time you got your asses here. You are going to have roommates. Leon your roommate is Cloud Hikaru" He said pointing to the boy they had seen earlier. Leon nodded to Cloud and tried to tell him to follow him but Cloud shook his head.
"I want to room with one of my brothers, Mr. Highwind. No offense...uh...Leon but I would be grateful if let me." he said.
"Well ain't that too damn bad...Your roommate is Leon now get out of here." Cid said. Cloud glared at him but followed Leon out the door. Cid turned back to Riku and Axel. "I didn't tell him you are all next door to each other." he mumbled. " Right...Riku your roommate will be Sora...Spikey's brother." Cid said pointing to Sora. Riku looked over to him and motioned his head out the door and Sora followed him to their room.
"Not really talkative are they?" Cid asked Axel as he watched him go. Axel shrugged. "We were like that when we first came here. I take it He's my roommate then?" Axel asked nodding his head in Roxas' direction.
"I have a Name." Roxas gritted out from his clenched teeth. He had his arms crossed tightly across his chest.
"Oh right this is Roxas, the little one's twin. Have fun." Cid said before leaving them alone. Axel stared at Roxas until Roxas glared at him and snapped.
"What the hell are you staring at?" he asked. Axel shook his head and motioned him to follow him. Roxas watched him for a few minutes before following him out the door.

(With Cloud and Leon)
Cloud had gotten his bags from the truck and gave the key to Sora as he passed him so he could get his stuff. He followed Leon to the third floor third door on the left. When they went inside Cloud noticed that there was one bedroom but two twin beds, a small kitchenette, a bathroom and a medium size living room. Leon grabbed one of his bags and helped him unpack. Before they unpacked his clothes Leon moved his clothes in the dresser from the top two to the bottom two and moved his clothes into the one closet which gave Cloud the other. Cloud hung up his black trench coat he wore for winter, his shoulder straps, his jean jacket and the few dress shirts he owned along with the dress pants he owned. He put the rest of his clothes in the dresser drawers Leon gave. When he was done Leon was surprised at how much space was left. Cloud then took the bag and moved it over to the beds.
"Which one is yours?" he asked. Leon pointed the one furthest from the window. Cloud took the other bed and nightstand placing a black and red alarm clock and placed it on the table. Since there were no covers on the bed Cloud pulled out a navy blue comforter and placed it on the bed. He placed his bags underneath his bed and sat down. Leon watched him in amusement until he heard a knock on the door. He left Cloud alone to answer it. When Cloud noticed he was gone he took a picture from his pillow case and placed it in the nightstand drawer. It was a picture of Sora and Roxas before the accident. He hoped that one day his brothers would go back to the way they were. "How would you like going to town to grab a bite?" Leon asked as he came back in.
"Sure." Cloud answered.

(Sora and Riku)
Sora got his bags from the truck and gave the key over to Roxas when he finally came out and told him to give it back to Cloud when he was finished. He followed Riku to the third floor second door on the left. Riku grabbed one of Sora's bags for him and helped him to the second bedroom. It was similar to Leon's dorm but with two bedrooms instead of one. Riku left Sora to unpack and get familiar with his surroundings. Sora unpacked his clothes, and hung up all of them except his boxers,gloves,socks and pajamas which he put in the dresser. He placed the empty bag underneath the bed and took his other bag and started unpacking it. He placed his dueling keychains in the nightstand drawer, his silver alarm clock on top of the nightstand and an old picture of him,Roxas and Cloud. On the bed he placed his silver sheets and black comforter on top along with his black pillows. At the end of the bed he placed a white throw his mother bought him along time ago. He knew they would get the rest of their stuff tomorrow so he placed the bag underneath his bed. He walked out of the room to look Riku. Riku glanced up from his magazine when Sora sat down next to him. "What's up?" he asked.
"Can we paint our rooms?" Sora asked. Riku nodded.
"As long as you buy that same color white at the end of the year when you leave." he said. "You getting hungry?" he asked. Sora nodded. Riku sighed. "Well since the school isn't open yet the cafeteria is closed...We'll go to town all six of us come on...Let's go get my brothers." he said standing up and walked out his door with Sora right behind him. Riku knocked on Leon's door. Leon answered. "Sora is hungry and I'm sure your roommate is to how about we go to town to grab some food." he said. Leon thought for a moment.
"Let me go ask Cloud." he said before leaving the door open to ask him. He came back a few minutes later and said "Let's go."

After unpacking and Leon coming to get them to go to town for food,Roxas walked beside Sora not talking to anyone but him. Sora and Roxas had a special way of communicating with their eyes it annoyed Cloud to no end. Axel kept staring at him and Sora until finally Roxas flipped him the bird. "ROXAS!" Cloud shouted from in front of him. Roxas crossed his eyes and stuck his tongue out at him. "Don't stick it out unless you're going to use it." Cloud said.
"Do you have eyes in the back of your head?" Axel asked. Leon snorted.
"No Axel he doesn't. It's called big brother syndrome. We know what you're up to even if we can't see you." he said. Cloud nodded in agreement.
"Hey Cloud catch." Roxas said tossing him his keys. Cloud caught them and put them in his pocket. Axel whined at them.
"You mean we could have driven to town...That's not fair guys." he said. Leon and Riku chuckled.
"You are so lazy Axel. Walking will do you some good." Riku said. Axel stuck his tongue out at Riku.
"I repeat what Cloud said. Don't stick it out unless you're going to use it." Leon said.
"You guys are party poopers....And I'm not lazy."