Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Over ❯ Chapter 2- 4 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I am thinking of rewriting The Feeling of Belonging. Anyway enjoy this rewrite of chapter 2. I tried to make it a little longer.
Chapter 2
The next day Roxas, Sora and Cloud were dressed in old shirts and torn pants to paint Sora's room. They had bought a pearl white,onyx black and silver paint to paint the walls to match his covers. Cloud had left to get them something to eat. Roxas was painting a thin silver strip while Sora was painting broad stripes. "Hey Sor...how come you don't smile anymore?" Roxas asked glancing over at Sora. Sora didn't pause in his painting.
"Why do you lose your temper so easily?" Sora asked in return.
"Touche." Roxas said smiling ruefully. Sora continued to paint before stopping and looking at Roxas.
"Hey Roxas...do you think we would be here if okaa-san and otousan had gone missing?" he asked. Roxas stopped painting and looked at his twin.
He thought for a moment and shook his head. "Honestly Sora...I don't know...maybe...ask Cloud he would be able to answer that." he said.
"That's just it Rox...I don't feel close to Cloud like I use to...I feel like he's judging me." Sora said.
"Just try." Roxas said as he continued to paint. Sora's earlier question ran through his mind over and over again. If their parents hadn't gone missing then he would be hanging out with Siefer and ViVi, Sora would be back to his normal cheery self, Cloud would be with Wakka and Lulu, their father would be at his work and their mother would be in the kitchen baking. 'Face it Roxas...nothing will go back to normal.' he thought miserably. They were halfway done when Cloud came back. What food was left over they put in the fridge for later. When the painting was done Sora asked them to sign their names in the black with either silver or white.
"Are you guys going to join the dueling team?" Cloud asked as they washed the brushes and paint pans.
"I was thinking about it." Sora said as Roxas just shrugged.
"You guys should your good...I know I'm going to try." Cloud said. Both Roxas and Sora looked at each other and nodded.
"Okay we'll give it a shot."

The next morning Sora awoke to his alarm going off and got up. He wiped the sleep from his eyes and stretched. He took out some clean clothes and took a shower. He came out 30 minutes later wearing a long sleeve black shirt with blue jeans. He put on his black shoes and ran for his first class. It was History. Inside Riku and Demyx were already sitting the class in the back half awake. Sora chuckled softly as he sat next to a semi-sleeping Demyx. He took a thick notebook and held it above his desk and dropped it. Demyx jumped up in alarm. "Where's the fire?" he asked. Sora laughed and sat back.
"There's no fire Demyx." Riku mumbled in his arms which were laying on the desk in front of him. "Sora was just being an ass and dropped his notebook on the desk...don' t laugh Sora pretty soon you'll be joining us." he said as he closed his turquoise eyes. Sora snorted.
"That's highly unlikely since Sora always acts likes he's on a sugar high all the time." said a voice in front of them. They turned and saw Roxas leaning on Cloud's shoulder still slightly asleep. " Even when he is no where near chocolate." Cloud said as he walked toward them. Roxas dragged his feet after him.
Riku smirked. "Lose your pillow Roxas." he teased. Roxas flipped him off and sat down next to him and Sora. Riku chuckled and laid his head back down.
"How long before we can head back to our dorms?" Roxas asked. Cloud and Sora chuckled.
"Sorry Roxas, but we have to try out for the dueling team." Cloud said as he took out a notebook. Riku's head shot up when Cloud said they were trying out.
"You guys duel?" Riku asked. They all nodded. "Hope you guys are good." he mumbled. Roxas and Sora exchanged looks while Cloud chuckled.
"You'll just have to see."

(After school)
Cloud, Sora and Roxas walked toward the arena with slight smirks on their faces. Axel was twirling his chakrams around while Riku was laying on the stands with his arms behind his head. Leon glanced up and rolled his eyes. "Please tell me you guys can duel...cause quite frankly we are sick and tired of these wannabes showing up." Leon said. Cloud smirked
"Yeah just don't make us duel each other or we'll be here all night." he said. Leon rose an eyebrow and then shrugged.
"Fine...Axel your up against Roxas let's go."Leon said. Axel snorted.
"I'm not dueling him." Axel said. Cloud and Sora started to snicker as Roxas got that gleam in his eyes.
"Are you chicken Axel?" Roxas taunted as he crossed his arms. Axel glared.
"I'm not a chicken...I just know your temper." Axel said.
"B-B-Bawk!B-b-b-bawk." Roxas continued to taunt flapping his arms like a chicken. Axel glared and grabbed his chakrams.
"Stupid short-tempered blondes...I'm not chicken." Axel mumbled as he stood in front of smirked and called his two key blades. Leon raised an eyebrow. 'He can wield two Keyblades.' he thought as he watched as Axel gulped visibly at Roxas. Leon rolled his eyes. "Begin." he said. The duel lasted for 45 seconds. Leon shook his head and looked at the scene in front of him. Axel was on his back with his chakrams sticking into the ground a few feet above his head and Roxas had his Oathkeeper keyblade under his neck with his Oblivion keyblade above his head poised.
"Damn he's good." Leon murmured as Auron nodded his head. Auron looked over to Cloud and Sora who looked calmly at their brother.
"I wonder if the other two are this good." Auron said quietly to Leon. Leon nodded in agreement.
"Okay Sora and Riku your next." Leon said as Roxas walked calmly off the stage toward his brothers. Riku shook his head at his brother.
"Are you crazy? Did you not see what happened with Axel?" He whispered. Leon smirked.
"What's the matter Riku afraid?" He taunted. Riku glared at him.
"Your gonna pay for that comment." he said as he walked and stood in front of Sora. Sora smiled at him and called forth his two key blades. Ultima and Lionheart. 'He can wield two keyblades too.' Leon thought. "Begin." he said.
Their duel ended in a 15 seconds. Sora had knocked Riku's keyblade Way To Dawn out of his hand and knocked Riku off his feet and placed both his keyblades like an X over his neck. Leon's eyes were wide in surprise. " Where did they learn to duel?" he asked softly to himself. Auron was shocked at the talent of these boys and he yet to see Cloud duel.
"I don't think we'll lose the Dueling tornament this year with these boys...no need for Cloud to try-out all three are now on the team." Auron said standing up and walking off.
"Welcome to the team guys." Leon said.

Chapter 3
(2 Weeks Later)
Cloud was startled awake the next morning by Leon's voice yelling. "DAMMIT RIKU! YOU ARE DEAD!" he heard. He sat up and looked over toward Leon's side of the room. He saw Leon's bed covered in something sticky and feathers, Leon himself was covered in shaving cream and some sort of gel. He removed the sleep from his eyes and got up. He stretched and walked to the bathroom to shower. When he came out with his hair slightly still damp wearing black jeans and a red turtle neck and crossed his arms and legs as he leaned on the doorframe and stared at Leon as he tried not to get the feathers to stick to him. He rolled his eyes and grabbed his bag.
"Later Leon. I'll try to find Riku so you can beat him to a pulp." he said as he walked out the door. He walked toward the cafeteria and saw his brothers leave their rooms along with their roomates. Riku looked half-awake as did Axel and Roxas. Sora waved at him and fell into step beside him. They arrived at the cafeteria and found a table. Roxas, Axel and Riku let their heads fall onto the table while Cloud and Sora went into the line to get breakfast.
"Hey Sora, did Riku leave your room anytime last night?" Cloud asked as he got a bowl of fruit and some toast. Sora shook his head as he grabbed the same thing and a carton of chocolate milk.
"No, but I did see Demyx sneak in. At least I think I did." Sora said as he and Cloud paid for their food and went to the table. As they were eating Demyx came running in slidding as he tried to stop at their table and collided with Setzer Kobayashi, the school thug and number one bully.
"Hey Freshman watch where your going." He said as he grabbed Demyx by his collar and threw him on the ground. Cloud stood between Setzer and Demyx. "What do you want?" Setzer asked. "This is between me and the freshman."
"Sorry but he happens to be a friend of mine." Cloud said as he crossed his arms. He turned to Demyx. "Demyx go sit down." He told him. Siefer glared as Demyx did as Cloud said.
"You just took his punishment for running into me." Setzer said as he drew back his fist to hit Cloud in the face only for his fist to be caught in Cloud's palm and a fist into his stomache. Setzer staggered back and coughed a little blood up. He wiped his mouth and charged at Cloud again only for a small wall of flames separated Cloud and Setzer.
"Do I have to remind that your ass has already handed to you by me and Leon. I don't think you can handle getting your ass kicked again." Axel said as he leaned against a pillar. Setzer glared. He turned back to Cloud.
"You'll pay Strife." he warned as his eyes landed on his brothers then walked out. Cloud sat back down and looked at Demyx and saw a small bruise on his neck where Setzer grabbed him.
"You okay?" Cloud asked. Demyx nodded.
"Yeah its not the first time I ran into Setzer. Leon had an encounter with him. You saw that scar on his face well... Setzer gave that to him and Setzer was kicked off the dueling team, now he and Leon are fighting and now because of me he's after you." Demyx said. Cloud clapped a hand on Demyx shoulder.
"I dont mind." Cloud said as he ate the rest of his breakfast.

Sora, Roxas, Riku, Demyx and Axel were sitting in the coutryard studying when Demyx gave a loud bored sigh. "I can't study no more. my brain can't take any more information or it will leak out of my ears." he whined into his textbook. Sora and Roxas chuckled at him.
"I guess we can take a break...lets meet back here in 10 mintutes we'll go catch a movie and some dinner." Riku said as he gathered his books and headed for his room with Sora while Roxas, Demyx and Axel collected their things and ran to their rooms to change.
(Later)
Sora was dressed in black jeans and a long sleeve royal blue sweater that enhanced his blue eyes,Riku wore baggy blue pants and a yellow long sleeve shirt, Roxas was next to him and he wore khaki cargo pants and a black shirt , Axel was next to him and he wore black baggy pants with chains and a black shirt with red flames and a black arm band, last was Demyx who wore black jeans and a black shirt with blue flames . They walked toward a dinner and sat down. After ordering they sat around and talked. Demyx was crossing his eyes at Axel, who was reprimanding him for this morning.
"Dude like relax. I'll be fine. I'll avoid Setzer from now on." Demyx said. Axel rolled his eyes while Sora, Roxas and Riku chuckled. Axel glanced into the window and thought he caught Setzer across the street then he was gone. 'Must be seeing things.' he thought as he returned to joking with his friends.
When they were done eating they went to the theatre and got tickets for the new movie out. When they came out they were arguring who was better.
"Dude Gambet could so kick Wolverine's ass." Axel said to Demyx.
"No way Wolverine is the ultimate x-men nothing can beat him. You only like Gambet cause he can make things explode." Demyx argued back. None of them notice Roxas and Sora being dragged away until they were half way to the school. Riku was the first to notice.
"Guys where is Sora and Roxas?" He asked. Axel swore and ran back into town with Demyx and Riku right behind him.

Chapter 4
They had been searching for hours when a movement in an alleyway made Axel call forth one of his chakrams and Demyx his sitar. They slowly walked into the the alleyway and heard voices.
"Tell..your brother..to..mind...his..own..business." every word was puntucated with flesh being hit. Demyx made his move.
"DANCE WATER DANCE!" he shouted sent a wave to stop whoever it was being punched from any more hurt. When they got closer they saw Setzer soaking wet a few feet from to crumpled forms of Sora and Roxas. Sora had a cut on his forehead and bruises visible through his tattered sweater. Roxas was curled into a ball clutching his stomach where they could see a shoe print bruise visible. "Sora! Roxas!" Demyx shouted as he knelt next to both boys. Sora turned his pained filled eyes .
"Demyx...it hurts." he said in a pained filled voice.
"I know buddy just hang on while I check on Roxas." he said as he moved to Roxas only to be stopped by Sora's hand on his wrist.
"He's out cold Dem. I have a higher tolerance for pain than he does if Siefer had hit me one more time then I would be like him." Sora said. Axel looked at the beat up forms of his friends then turned his angry glare to Setzer.
"I warned you Setzer that you would get your ass handed to you again. It seems I would have to remind you how bad playing with fire hurts." he growled as Siefer stood.
"BURN BABY!" Axel said as he twirled his chakrams and sent a streak of flames toward Setzer. The flame caught Setzer's sleeve on fire. "Let that be a warning to you cause next time I will brun you ." Axel said as he banished his chakram and lifted the limp form of Roxas and walked back to the school. Demyx and Riku help support Sora as they helped him back to the school.

(In Sora and Riku's room)
Riku placed a butterfly bandaid on Sora's forehead and was helpin Sora put some salve on his bruises. "Riku could you not metion this to Cloud?" he asked. Riku looked at him in confusion.
"Why? He's going to know something is wrong." Riku said. Sora just shook his head.
"Please just don't say anything..." Sora asked. Riku sighed and nodded. Sora stood and limped to his room to change into just his silver pajama pants and fell into bed. Riku watched hin walk away in silence then shook his head as he too went to bed.
(Axel and Roxas room)
Axel gently placed Roxas in his bed and removed his shirt. The bruise had spread to his ribs, Axel stood and got the cooling salve for bruises and plced it onto Roxas stomache. He removed Roxas pants and tucked him into his bed and left to go to bed.

The next morning Sora awoke to having a tight stomache from the kicks Siefer gave him but other than that He was not in any real pain. He got up and changed into black cargo pants, a black shirt and a black and white jacket. He got his bag and headed for the cafeteria. He sat down and ate a small bowl of friut before Cloud came in. He was almost done when Cloud came in. "Mornin' Sora...done already geez...let me go get some food...watch my stuff." he said as he walked to the line. Sora watched his older brother go into the line and say Roxas come in.
"Hey Roxas you okay?" Sora asked. Roxas nodded.
"I can't eat anything right now but I'll be okay." He said as he laid his head down on the table. Sora nodded and looked up as Cloud sat down at the table. He glanced back and forthe between his brothers. Something was off.
"Alright you two. What's going on?" he asked as he ate his saugage. Sora and Roxas looked at each other.
"They got ambushed but their fine." Axel said as he joined them fully awake. Cloud looked at his brothers glaring at them. Sora sighed.
"Cloud we're fine just some bruises that will heal tomorrow." Roxas said while his head was still on the table. They glanced up when Demyx started running again into the cafetria only this time he didn't stop. He smiled at them then dashed off like he was being chased. A crash in the hallway confirmed their supension. "DEMYX!" came Leon's voice. He came running into the cafeteria and ran after Demyx. They all groaned and rolled their eyes and laughed. It was just another in Traverse Town University.