Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Over ❯ Chpater 5-8 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Sorry i made a miscalculation in the ages of Sora and Roxas they are 15 years old not 14...Cloud is only 4 years older than them. Sorry again.

Chapter 5
Year Later
Summer was only a few days away and the guys had nothing planned. During the month of February they had befriended a new kid Zexion Nara. Also Riku and Leon had swallowed their pride and asked Sora and Cloud to be their boyfriends , which they agreed to. Now they watch Axel try to ask Roxas out but of course that Roxas was oblivious.
Riku and Leon were watching their boyfriends spar when they heard Demyx shouting from the distance. He stopped in front of them and panted for a while. "My parents just called and said that we can use our cabin in the woods this summer. So you guys want to go camping this summer I asked Zexion he agreed as long as you guys did." he said. Cloud and Sora had stopped and joined them.
"Hey that may be fun." Sora said. Cloud nodded. Riku and Leon sighed and agreed as well. Demyx shouted in happiness and ran to call his parents .
"What have we unleashed?" Leon murmred.
(First Day out of school)
Leon, Cloud and Roxas sat up front in a Leon's SUV while Sora, Riku and Axel sat in the back with two more spaces left for Demyx and Zexion. Only they were both late. "Where are they?" Axel asked. Riku chuckled.
"Knowing Demyx he probably overslept." he said leaning on Sora a little. "I don't know Zexion that well to know his excuse." He mumbled into Sora's shoulder. Sora glanced down at Riku.
"Tired?" He asked. Riku looked up at him through his bangs.
"I wonder why? Couldn't be because my roommate decide to set his alarm really early only to ignore it and let me turn it off. " He said. Sora blushed.
"Gomenasi Riku." he said sheepishly. Riku chuckled and gave Sora a chasted kiss before laying his head back down on Sora's shoulder.
"There'a Zexion but where's Demyx?" Cloud said from the front. Zexion opened the door and got in the back. "Sorry last minute packing." he said as he pulled out a book from his shoulder bag.
"Yo Zex, where's Dem?" Axel asked.
"Overslept and talking with his parents." Zexion said. Leon, Riku, and Axel groaned.
"That means he'll be another 30 minutes just trying to hang up with his mother." Leon mumbled. Sora glanced at him and they made eye contact.
"His mom's really not that bad is she?" Sora asked.
"Depends on her mood." Leon said. "Isn't your mom like that Sor?" he asked. He flinched when Roxas hit him hard in the arm. "OW! What the hell Roxas!" he shouted at the boy.
"Our Mother is dead." Roxas said in a dead voice.
"Roxas leave him alone he didn't know." Cloud said softly glancing out the front window. "I should have told him when we were first going out." he added.
"Sorry guys i didn't mean to upset you." Leon said. Cloud shrugged and Sora just smiled sadly at him.
"It's okay Leon." Sora said.
"What was your mom like Roxas?" Axel asked.
"She was like...Sora and Cloud mixed together." Roxas answered. "Sora got his personality from her and Cloud just got his determination from her." he added. He would have added more but Demyx finally appeared.
"Sorry guys.. I had to get my sweets ." Demyx said before sitting beside Zexion. "Let's go!" he shouted. Leon nodded and turned the car on and headed for the outskirts of town.

(In the Woods)
It was late at night before the SUV arrived at the cabin. Sora and Roxas were already sound asleep. Leon stopped the car and took his bags as well as Cloud's and Roxas' bags so Cloud could carry his sleeping brother. Demyx grabbed Riku's and Sora's so Riku could carry the boy. Axel grabbed his own bags and Demyx's while Zexion carried his own. They decide to put the twins in the same room, Leon and Cloud in one, Axel and Riku in another and Demyx and Zexion in the last. "There's not much we can do tonight. See you in the morning." Leon said as he walked to his room.
"Night." Cloud said following him.
"Night."
(Next Morning)
Sora awoke to the sun shining in his eyes and sat up. He went to his bag and pulled out a change of clean clothes. He showered and changed into baggy black shorts, a blue shirt and slipped on his black shoes. He stepped out of the room and saw Zexion sitting on the couch reading again. "Morning Zexion." he said as he walked closer ot his friend.
" morning Sora." Zexion replied closing his book.
"What are you reading?" Sora asked.
"Angels and Demons." Zexion replied.
"Sounds intersting." Sora said taking the book and reading the back.
"It is. If you want when I'm finished you can borrow it and read it." Zexion offered.
"Really thanks." Sora said handing Zexion his book back. "Is any one else up?" Sora asked.
"Hmm. Your older brother is up but he out jogging right now. Just you, me and Cloud are the only ones up." Zexion said. Sora laughed then walked into the kitchen to make Roxas a cup of coffee. Cloud came in sweat clinging to his grey tank top. Sora tossed him a water and a towel.
"Do you always go jogging?" Sora asked as he poured coffee into a mug.
"When I can rain or shine." Cloud said as he wiped the sweat from his face. "What are you doing today?" he asked. Sora shrugged.
"Leon said he wanted to hiking. He thinks we need to bond since you two are going out." Sora said walking past Cloud to his room where Roxas was still asleep.
Cloud tought for a moment and when Sora came back into the room "Sora just be careful okay. I would go withyou guys but I'm not much into hiking." Cloud said with a slight grin. Sora smiled and nodded.
"Don't worry Axel is going with us. I'll be careful Cloud." Sora said.

Chapter 6
Leon was ahead of Sora and Axel staring at an old bridge. "Hey why did you stop?" Axel asked.
"Its not safe to go across. This bridge is too old." Leon said.
"Aw come on we'll just go one at a time." Axel said as he put one step in front of the other on the bridge.
"You forget Axel, that Sora and I are not as skinny as you." Leon said.
"Yeah, yeah Sora probably can cross with me." Axel said as he continued on. Leon sighed and looked at Sora as he stopped beside him.
"Sora, I want you to be very careful when crossing this bridge." Leon said as Axel waved from the otherside. Sora nodded and cautiously stepped onto the bridge. He was in the middle when he heard the rope coming undone. "SORA!" He heard Leon and Axel yell. He started running back toward Leon when the rope snapped making the bridge and himself fall.
"SORA!"

Last Time
:
The rope snapped and the bridge along with Sora fell
"SORA!"
(Forgot to mention in the last cahpter that the bridge was missing boards so that will be hard to climb up)

Chapter 7
Sora was clinging onto Leon's hand as he dangled in the air. Leon had managed to jump and cling onto the bridge and grabbed Sora's hand. He could feel his grip slipping from both holding the boards and he could feel Sora's grip slipping. "Sora, use your other hand and grab my wrist." Leon said in a strained voice. Sora did.
"Hang on guys." Axel shouted as he looked for another way to get over them to pull them up.
"Hurry Axel I don't think I can hang on much longer!" Leon shouted to him. "Sora try and climb up." he said. Sora nodded and unhooked one of his hands and gripped Leon's shirt. "NO! Sora grab something more solid. If you let go my shirt will rip and you'll fall." he said. Sora nodded and grabbed Leon's upper arm."There you go." He said as he felt Sora climb. When Sora had his arms wrapped around Leon's neck Leon grabbed the board of the bridge with his now free hand.
"I'm not choking you am I?" Sora asked. Leon shook his head.
"No, but if Axel doesn't hurry we're going to fall into the ravine." Leon said.
"Hey Guys sorry took a while just hang on...I have to get the rope out of my pack." They heard Axel say.
"HURRY!" They shouted. Axel stilled as did Leon and Sora when they heard the board coming off . "AXEL! GET THAT ROPE!" Leon shouted as Sora whimpered in fear into his shoulder. "Just hang on Sora. I'm not leaving you." he said. Leon felt the board give a little more. "AXEL!" he shouted when suddenly the board came off and they started to fall.
"LEON! SORA!" was the last they heard before plunging into the chilly ravine below.

Cloud was training with Demyx when they saw a tear streaked Axel come running up to them. "Axel? Where's Leon? and Sora?" Demyx asked. Axel caught his breath and told them what happened.
"AND YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO FIND THEM! THAT WAS MY BROTHER AND YOUR BROTHER FOR THAT MATTER!" Cloud yelled at him.
"I did look for them but they must have been swept further down by the tide. There was a waterfall and no way down." Axel said. Cloud took a deep breath.
"Axel there is always a way down. Let's get Roxas, Riku and Zexion we have two boys to look for." He said before walking inside.

Leon had managed to pull himself and Sora out of the ravine and tryed to catch his breath. He heard Sora next to him cough out the water he had managed to swallow. "You okay?" He asked him. Sora shook his head.
"I think my ankle is twisted. When i move my foot I feel pain." he said. Leon sat up slowly. He motioned for Sora to crawl to him. "We need to get dry or we'll catch our deaths. Come on I'll give you a piggy back ride. Then I'll wrap your foot." Leon said. Sora wrapped his arms around Leon's neck again and felt Leon put his arms around his legs and they were off.
(Few Hours Later)
Leon had found a cave and gently set Sora down and started a fire. "Let me see your foot Sora." Leon said after they got somewhat warm. Sora lifted his leg and let Leon looked at it. "Its twisted, Alright." He mumbled. He grabbed Sora's pack that he managed to save as they floated down the ravine. He pulled out Sora's black thin jacket. "Do you care if I tear this to wrapped your foot.?" He asked. Sora shook his head. Leon started tearing the jacket. He took on of the bottled waters in Sora's pack and soaked the strips. He warpped the wet strips tightly around Sora's ankle. "There. I can make a walking stick for you or would you prefer I carry you." He stated.
"You've done enough Leon. I don't want to burden you more." Sora said softly. He glanced up at Leon when he heard Leon laugh.
"Sora your not a burden to me. I think of you and Roxas as my brothers since I'm dating your brother." Leon said.
"What if you weren't dating him?" Sora asked. Leon looked at him.
"I would still treat you like my brother Sor. Now get some sleep. Lucky for me I know my way back to the cabin from here." Leon said as he pulled out another coat and tossed it to Sora.

Chapter 8
The following morning Leon woke up and shook Sora awake. "Come on Sora you can fall asleep once your on my back." he said.
"Leon...I don't feel so good." Sora said. Leon was startled and felt Sora's forehead.
"Come on Sora, The sooner we leave and get back to the cabin you'll feel better." Leon said shifting Sora onto his back. Once Sora was settled on his back Leon grabbed the pack on the ground and headed in the direction of the cabin.

"Cloud I'm telling you Leon has been in these woods before he knows his way back here they'll be fine." Demyx said to the irrated blonde. "Leon is not going to let anything happen to Sora. He told me he considered Sora and Roxas his brothers even if you two weren't going out. So please relax." He whined. Cloud sighed and flopped on the couch next to Roxas.
"I have to admitt Cloud that Demyx is right. Leon is not going to let anything happen to Sora. He knows how much you and Roxas love him." Axel said on the other side of the couch. Roxas looked up at him in amazment. Cloud shook his head.
"Leon might but Sora doesn't. Things between me and Sora haven't been the same since our parents died. Sora...doesn't confide in me anymore." he said in his hands.
"Sora told me why." Roxas said softly. Cloud looked up at him. Roxas avoided Cloud's eyes. "He thinks that you only think of him as a little kid and your constantly judging him." He said. Riku looked away from his position at the window.
"Sora told me that too. He said he wanted things back the way they were before. He told me that you guys were close kinda like me, Axel and Leon. " He said. He turned back to the windowto keep a look out for them. Cloud sighed.
"I guess I got to caught up trying to be a parent to you guys that I managed to ruin any chance of Sora confiding me ever again." he said.
"You might be able to fix it. Instead of being a parent how about being a brother to him instead." Axel said.
"I tend to do that when They come home." He said.

Leon stopped and leaned against a tree to catch his breath. That climb up always took away his breath but he was carry a soon-to-be 16 year old boy on his back. He could feel Sora's tempature get a little higher from where his head laid on his shoulder. He estimated they would reach the cabin around night fall if he continued for the rest of the day. He took a bottle water and took a few gulps then nudged Sora who became semi-awake. He offered the bottle to him but Sora shook his head and fell back asleep. "Just a few more hours Sora and you'll be feeling better I promise." he said to the boy as he pushed off the tree and continued the trek back.
(Later that night)
Riku was the only one other than Cloud who managed to stay awake. His eyes were bloodshot from trying to stay awake looking for any sings of his brother or boyfriend. He jumped when a hand landed on his shoulder. It was Cloud. "Riku why don't you go get some sleep? If they come home sometime while your in bed, I'll come and get you." Cloud said softly. Riku nodded but instead of going to his room he crashed on the couch and closed his eyes. Cloud snorted and covered him before going bakc to the window and continuing Riku's watch.
Leon could make out the outline of the cabin from where he stood. He also saw a light on in the window along with a outline of someone standing in front of the window. "We're here Sora." he said to the feverish sleeping boy. He started running to the cabin hoping that he didn't trip and drop his cargo.
Cloud stood alert when he saw something move fast toward the cabin when they were close enough he could make them out. "Riku wake up its Leon and Sora!" he said as he ran for the door. While Riku jumped awake from his slumber and followed him. Leon stopped in front of Cloud and Riku.
"Cloud take your brother inside. He has a twisted ankle and a slight fever." He said as he transfered Sora to his brother Cloud. CLoud nodded and ran inside with Sora in his arms. While Cloud was inside with Sora, Riku turned his worried gaze to his brother. "Relax Ri, I'm fine tired but fine." Leon said. Riku nodded tried to stop the tears of relief fall from his eyes. Leon saw and pulled Riku into his chest. "Hey Ri-Ri, it been a while since I called you that, I'm fine. Sora is fine. No need to be scared any more." he whispered in Riku's ear. He heard Riku mumble something in his chest and laughed. " Yes I'm a moron, I'm sorry I made you guys worry." he said. Riku stepped out of the hug and wiped what tears escaped.
"Come on, We saved some dinner for you. Then you can get some rest." Riku said as he walked back inside with Leon in tow.