Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ The Last Battle ❯ Together... We Promise... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Kingdom Hearts all I own is the plot and my Created Characters, other than that, nada, SO NO SUING!!!!!!!
 
-=-The Last Battle-=-
 
 
Dear Sora, Riku, Kairi…
 
I know that it has only been a short while since we have defeated Xemnas and even shorter still that the three of you have been able to enjoy your time on Destiny Islands, your home. But it seems as if the fate of the worlds are in danger yet again… this time the danger is even bigger than just darkness and nothingness… There are many things that I must explain to you and none can be contained within this letter. What I can disclose is that I came to meet with a man who calls himself the “Time Keeper” and he is looking for someone he calls “The Third Keyblade Wielder” to defeat the one who “Holds the Ultimate Darkness”. He says that despite how much we have accomplished we only have written a small chapter within the book and this is where the real battle begins. Time itself hangs in the balance and the there is going to be a Final Keyblade war that will create chaos and all balance within the worlds and time itself will collapse. He also mentioned that there is another role to the Seven Princesses of Hearts. It seems as if they not only open the door, but together they can also unlock the true potential of the “Queen of Hearts” he calls her, and she is the key along with the True Keyblade Wielder and the King of Peace to form the holy Trinity to defeat the one who Holds the Ultimate Darkness. I'm puzzled myself to what he means but when I asked him to elaborate it, he disappeared… I am going to send Chip `n Dale along with Donald and Goofy on a gummi ship to take the thee of you to Disney Castle where we can discuss these matters face to face. I am sorry to cut short your time on the Island but I have a feeling that this is the last battle and after this the three of you can finally truly go home…
 
-King Mickey
 
~*~
 
Distant sapphire eyes kept their gaze straight ahead upon the setting golden sun as a slowly sank beneath the horizon and seemingly into the vast ocean that surrounded Destiny Islands. Long silver hair blew lightly against the wind as Riku held his place, seated upon the bent over Papu tree. He had to see it, the entire sunset before he was satisfied. Tonight is when the gummi ship arrives to take them away and he wanted to spend his last minutes on his island home just watching the tranquil sunset. The letter that Sora, Kairi and he received played within his mind over and over like a broken record and he wasn't able to stop it. Ever since that day Kairi ran out with the bottle and letter, things have became tense and everyone on the Islands could feel the confusion and sadness that emitted from the trio.
Right when the sun was halfway into the horizon, Riku closed his eyes and tried to hold that memory just for a bit as he tried to gather ever bit of feeling he could get from the island. The cool gentle breeze, the salty smell of the sea, the cry of the gulls, the waves crashing beneath him, and the feeling of utter and complete peace, everything he wanted to remember before they left. He felt unsettled, as if something was troubling his heart because he had been sitting upon that tree since before the sun rose until it set just pondering and looking out into the ocean. When they had returned to Destiny Islands, he thought that the three of them would never leave again, never, but then the letter came and all that changed and for same reason, he felt truly and utterly scared of leaving.
“If Sora or Kairi were to find out about this I would never be able to live it down…” he stated laughing a bit to himself before opening those magnificent eyes of his and allowed them to rest on the setting sun again, “How long…” His voice and opinion were to himself as he pondered upon his thoughts, “How long until I can find redemption?”
“The question is Riku, How long are you planning on sitting there?”
“Huh?” Tearing his gaze from the golden view, Riku turned around to see a grinning spiky brown haired boy, sky blue eyes twinkling with both sadness and happiness and beside him a girl with dark ruby hair with pure blue eyes looking at him with a sort of angry and concerned look. Seeing that look on the girls' face warned Riku that they had heard part of his self negative talk as he tried to wave it off, “As long as it takes until this sun decides to hurry up and set,” he replied grinning back at the two before he looked out into the horizon again. The sun was nearly engulfed by the ocean by now but it didn't matter, he can forget thoughts and unease when Sora and Kairi were there, “C'mon you two, let's watch this sunset before it's over…”
Sora and Kairi smiled and nodded at what Riku had said and immediately Sora leapt over the bent tree before leaning back against the trunk as Kairi settled herself upon it. There was a serene smile on her face now but she still looked to Riku who out of the three of them still had regret written upon him. Sora and she have been discussing Riku's behavior since they had gotten back and settled on Destiny Islands and it seems that ever since they received the letter, he was the one that took it the hardest. They even drew the conclusion that he doesn't seem to completely sit or stand within the light, always somehow he's shaded by darkness. Frowning a bit, Kairi turned back to the sunset. It troubled her and Sora greatly, Riku's behavior that is.
“I wonder when we'll see this again…” Sora's voice broke the silence between them as Riku blinked once and shrugged. Even he wasn't sure if they will ever see the sunset again, not together at least as the sun disappeared leaving only the golden remnants behind upon the sky. Dawn and Twilight are the two times that Riku felt he can truly connect too before he looked towards his two friends.
“Soon…” he promised, even though he himself was not sure about it, “I promise we'll see the sunset on Destiny Islands again…” Another spell of silence engulfed them and Riku felt himself becoming lost in his own world again but not for long because Kairi's gasp broke the silence and he pulled back into reality a bit reluctantly.
“What is it Kairi?” asked Sora looking at the younger girl. Riku was wondering just that also when Kairi reached over to the bag that Sora had been holding and opened it, “Um… Kairi? That's our stuff… our diaries… and stuff…”
She was still rummaging through the bag before withdrawing three identical silver pouches from the bag and grinned, “I was thinking about this when the letter from the King came… and we promised that we will always be together right? We also promised to write in our diaries and once everything is peaceful again we can share our journals with each other. But… I don't think that it would be enough… our journals I mean… So here…” Reaching out she gave a pouch to Sora and another to Riku, keeping one for herself, “I spent a lot of time on that so no laughing!”
Looking at the pouch in his hands, Riku looked to Sora then Kairi then back to Sora and slowly the both of them opened the little bags and poured its contents out. A small solid glass star with specks of gold and silver into fell into his palm along with a thin silver chain and Riku smiled slightly before picking up the pendant and held it to the last bit of light that is still available, “Wow Kairi… You really outdone yourself…” he stated grinning.
“I agree with Riku…” Sora was holding a sun shaped glass pendant and instead of being both gold and silver like Rikus, his was specked with gold only as he held his up to the remaining sunlight also, “I can't believe that you have been working on these all this time without telling us…”
A giggle was all Kairi gave before she poured hers out and held it up also, a little glass moon pendant with silver specks in it glistened. “This way…” she said as the last ray light began to fade away, “We will always be together… as long as we wear these necklaces…”
“This way, no matter what happens we can still remember that we have each other and we will never abandon any anyone… no one will be left behind…” added Sora his voice filled with determination and he too felt that with these they can always be connected, “No matter the distance between the three of us, we are always with each other…”
A warmth flowed within his body as Riku looked up at that ray of light and a smile could be seen as it began to diminish, “It's our own promise…” he finished just as the light completely disappeared and the Island was dark. But right at that second a blinding light bursted open in the sky as Riku winced, turning away, his arms up to shield him from the light as a sudden sense of dizziness took over him. The last thing he heard was Sora and Kairi calling his name before everything went black.
 
~*~
 
Twisted: So what do you think? ^^ Good or Bad? GAH! O.o No Flaming!!!! >.< *Hides under her desk* I know it's kind of slow and boring but this chapter is REALLY important for later on in the story ^^;;; and I promise things will get more interesting and funny in later chapters but please! Read and Review if you want me to continue this fanfic! >.< I get really encouraged if I know that you guys want to read! Flames that can help me improve on my writing are accepted and Reviews are Loved! Thankies!