Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ The New Organization XIII ❯ Nicknames and Video Games ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mandy: Hello and welcome to my awesome Organization fic... and shut up Demyx.
Demyx: I wasn't going to say anything.
Mandy: Sure... Anyways, here's chapter 2! I'm updating all the way to chapter 5 today just for Sarah! Yay, Sarah! My #1 fan besides princessdarkfairy on fanfiction (dot) net.
~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
Chapter Two: Nicknames and Video Games
I sat on the couch, playing Super Smash Bros. Melee with Axel and Roxas on the GameCube. My Zelda character turned into Sheik, and then punched Axel's Roy into oblivion. Axel moaned, setting his controller to the side, crossing his arms.
“Aw, man,” He groaned, “Beat by a girl in a guy's disguise.” I grinned, turning back into Zelda to throw a fireball at Roxas's Link.
“287? I can't believe you've hit me that much. I could be sent sprawling with your weakest attack!” Roxas said, making Link dodge it.
“That's the plan.” I said. Link came in for an attack, but I used Nayru's Love. He hit the barrier and was sent into the sky like a rocket. I stood up, leaving my controller on the couch, doing a victory dance. “Oh, yea! Oh, yea! I rule! I rule!”
On the screen, Zelda was doing her victory dance, too. “Best two out of three.” Axel said, grabbing his controller. I sat between the two guys, getting mine.
At that moment, a dark portal opened up before the screen, blocking our view. A long, blonde-haired guy stepped in. What are they all blonde?! I asked myself. Roxas is blonde, and so is Demyx, Luxord, Larxene, and now this guy!
“Hey, Vexen!” Axel shouted, trying to look around the portal. “Get outta the way! I was just beating her!” I glared at him.
“No, you weren't liar. You just can't admit that you got beat by a girl at a video game!” I said, pointing at him.
“I'm here to see Vaxni. Xemnas has her nickname and weapon.” Vexen stated, looking at me.
“Oh, cool. Tell us then, dummy.” I said. Luckily, Vexen waved off my insult. I know it affects him... Little by little, he stores his anger deep inside...
He handed me a piece of paper. “Oh, and you've been assigned to the upper floors of Castle Oblivion.” Vexen seemed to regret something as he said this.
“Awesome, Vax! That's what Marluxia, Larxene, and I got, too!” Axel exclaimed.
“What about Roxas?” I asked, looking at the person mentioned.
“He can't. Xemnas told him it would affect our mission here at Castle Oblivion,” Axel said, “Anyways, let's see what you've got!”
Roxas and Axel leaned in to read the paper. It read:
“Name: Vaxni
Number: 14
Origin: Unknown
Nickname: The Fortuneless Shadow
Weapon: Doorshield”
“What the hell's a Doorshield?” I asked, glancing up. Vexen was already gone, leaving the screen open. I had two lives left. “What? That's bogus! I had three!” I threw the paper on the ground, picking up the controller and taking Axel's and Roxas's lives down to one.
“You had your guard down!” Axel said, grinning, “It was the perfect time!”
My white Kirby swallowed Axel's red Donkey Kong. Roxas's yellow-capped Ness hit me, which made me spit out DK. I jumped high, turning into Stone Kirby and landing on top of Ness. I did a quick punching combo on DK, and I did a circle kick, sending Ness into space.
“You're in for it, now, Vax!” Axel said, picking up a Pokèball in the game.
“Crap.” I said, trying to run from my impending doom. An Unown popped out. I jumped, floating away from the storm of alphabet Pokèmon. Kirby made it in time, and I made a sigh of relief. DK came up and smashed me into the ground. “Hey, that's not fair! Kirby's flexible! He should've been able to dodge that!”
“Well, he didn't. And now he's a pancake.” Axel smirked, grabbing my character and beating him up until I had 187 on my damage meter. Kirby was released, and I swallowed DK, turning into DK Kirby. I powered up a massive punch while DK was recovering, and I punched him off the screen. I won. Again.
“I grow bored of this game,” I said, grinning, “You guys aren't very good.” They sneered at me, which only made my grin broader.
“Axel! Vaxni!” Called Marluxia from the other room, “We've got company in the Castle! Roxas, you better leave.” Roxas nodded, leaving through a dark portal.
“What does that mean?” I asked, following Axel into a room with computer screens filling two opposing walls. “What are we supposed to do?”
“We're researching memories,” He said, walking over to Marluxia, “Our first subject just so happens to be Sora and company.”
I stared at the screen they were all looking at. A brown-haired, blue-eyed boy was talking to some other people in a brick-laid town. He seemed familiar to me, somehow... He looks sort of like Roxas!
“Is that Roxas?” I asked, “What's with his hair? And his clothes?
“That's Sora, our first subject,” Marluxia explained, “Sora here had been turned into a Heartless, yet somehow managed to keep his emotions and turn back. His Nobody is Roxas, which is why we don't want Number 13 here. They can't both technically exist.”
I examined the boy closer. Some of his friends caught my eye. “Leon?! Aerith?! Yuffie?! Cid?!” I exclaimed, quite surprised at myself. The three (Larxene had soon joined us) looked at me in amazement.
“You know them?!” Marluxia cried, almost as confused as I.
I blinked, squinting to get a better look at the four. Now they were different. I didn't recognize them now. What were the names that I just called...? “Huh. I don't know them. They just looked like someone I know, I guess...”
They all turned back to the screen. Sora was reaching up to a white door that was out of place in the town. “That's my cue.” Marluxia said, raising his hood up and stepping into a dark portal.
“Aw, no fun for me?” Axel said, disappointed, but Marluxia was already gone. Larxene was now sitting at the computer Marluxia had been on.
“Go ahead, I feel like watching right now. Maybe I'll play with the new toy later.” Larxene said, examining her kunai charged with lightning. On the computer, Marluxia was meeting with Sora.
“Alright, I'm goin'!” Axel said, disappearing into a portal. I sat by Larxene, watching a screen of my own. Marluxia came back.
“Damn Axel. Taking my spotlight.” He muttered. He glared at Larxene, but she didn't even so much as glance at him. He cleared his throat, gesturing to what must be “his” chair, but she still didn't look at him.
“Well, when do I get to join in on the fun?” I implied, breaking the moment.
“Um... First, you must do something for me,” Marluxia said, and I knew that the next words to come out of his mouth would be some made-up task, “Could you check in on our basement dwellers? They're also researching, but they don't report up to us as they are supposed to.” I nodded, almost rolling my eyes. Great... newbie assignment... Almost makes me wonder if it's a tutorial in some game... I summoned a dark portal, leaving them to their “research.”
~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
Mandy: Thank you for reading! Yea, I had a lot of fun on the SSBM part. I went in and played that game so I could get some good fighting sequences! YAH! If you hadn't noticed yet, the Doorshield's popped up in this story, too. It's MY weapon, so no stealy! Vaxni belongs to me, too. I forgot to put the disclaimer, so here it is: I DO NOT OWN KINGDOM HEARTS. If I did, I'd be richer than you, foo!
Axel: Yea, I'm sure you'd be... Read and Review!