Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ The New Organization XIII ❯ Questioning Sexuality ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mandy: I'm on a roll! Enjoy!
~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
Chapter 3: Questioning Sexuality
Hey, guys.” I said, waving to the three sitting around a table playing Go, Fish. “Have you gotten anything here yet?”
Vexen looked up from his cards at me, oblivious that Zexion was leaning in to take a peek at them. The other man, big, bulky, and with a strange hairstyle, shook his head. “No, we haven't, Vaxni.” Vexen said, and then noticed the being reading his cards and smacking him upside the head. “Zexion! Stop cheating!”
One of the screens on the wall turned on to show one of the empty, white halls of Castle Oblivion. Except now it wasn't empty. I couldn't quite see the person.
“Looks like you've got someone down here.” I said, pointing at it. They all rushed over, blocking my view.
“Gah!” Vexen cried out, panicking, “How did he get in here?! Lexaeus, did you leave the door open?!”
The brown-haired man shook his head. “Umm, Vexen, there isn't a door to the basement.”
“I smell... the Superior on him.” Zexion stated, “Do you think they...?”
“Ewww!!” Vexen said, slapping Zexion, “You're perverted!” I stifled a snort.
“I was going to say `do you think they wear the same cologne?'!” Zexion shouted at him.
“Don't you give me the above grounder treatment!” Vexen screeched, “They say nothing or they say rude things! They give us no respect!”
“Ummm... I'm right here, y'know.” I said, raising my hand a bit to show that I was indeed present and accounted for.
“Well, not you. You're new, but soon, you'll be just like them...” Vexen said, turning to point at me, “That is why I have proclaimed that this month's objective is to give proper greetings!”
“Oh... kay?” I said, rolling my eyes, “Is there something wrong with you, Vexen?”
“That's Number 4 to you!!”
I could now see the screen, and I pushed “Number 4” to the side, getting a better look. There were two beats in my chest, then no more. “...Riku? My...” I quickly examined the faces of Numbers 4 through 6, then back at the screen. They were wondering how I knew. “This guy does have the scent of Xemy, doesn't he?” I sniffed, “But... it's got a hint of something else... Heartless. Is it Xemy's Heartless, maybe?”
“No, that's Riku, alright.” Zexion said, “I don't smell any Heartless on him.”
“Well, your nose is dull. He reeks of it.”
“I think the scent you smell is darkness.”
“No, that's not darkness.” I raised my arm up to his nose, “Now that's darkness.”
He jumped back, surprised. “You really do smell like darkness! And it's much too strong!”
Vexen rubbed his chin, narrowing his eyes. “This merits further research. You seem to have a reaction to Riku, and your senses are better than that of Zex's...” I burst out laughing. “What?”
“Zex sounds like... sex.” I said between snorts, “He is perverted!” Zexion looked ready to explode, so I toned down my giggles, unable to contain them, “Well, I'm... going to report... to the... above grounders.” I kept snorting, and it was hurting my nose, but this was worth it. I would have to tell this one to Axel. Summoning a portal, I rushed into, just missing being pounced on by an angry Zexion.
Marluxia, Larxene, and Axel looked up as I came in. “Oh. You're already done.” Marluxia said, seeming to regret giving me such an easy task.
“Riku's down there. They're going to test on him, I guess,” I tried not to be angry. Somehow, I had known him. It was true that he had been possessed by a Heartless, from what I remember, anyways, “How's it going with Sora?”
“Good, so far. He's on the second floor now,” Marly answered, “We might put you in soon, to test you. Sora's relearning all of his techniques, and we don't want you up against him when he might be better than you.”
“Yea,” Axel said, rolling his eyes, “Sora's not the best fighter right now. I would've killed him, but I didn't want to go and break the experiment.” I waved him off.
“Anything to do now?” I asked. Marly shook his head. “Then I'm off. I stole the Wii from the basement, and I want to play Wii sports. Coming, Axel?”
“Sure, Vax. I'll call up Roxas.” He said, and we walked into the large TV room. Roxas was already there. I hooked up the Wii, giving them and myself a controller.
“This is just another game I'm going to beat you guys at.” I said, grinning as I turned the system on.
“We gotta learn how to use the damn things first, Vax.” Axel said, gesturing at his wireless controller.
We ended up playing tennis, which I won every match. Roxas and Axel were on the same team, and I had two of my people. They kept missing, or they hit it out.
“How do you keep winning games? It's crazy.” Roxas said, “And my remote won't work. I do a backhand, and it keeps doing it forward.
“Wah.” I said, mock crying, “Get over it.” I won another match, then sat down, tired. “I hope Vexen doesn't realize what he's missing...”
Meanwhile, Underground...
Vexen glanced over at their TV, noticing his missing game system. “Lexaeus, where's my Wii?” Lexaeus stared at him as if it was obvious where his “Wii” was... Unless Vexen never had one, but Lexaeus didn't know if he did or not.