Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ The New Organization XIII ❯ Two Kinds of Fluff ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mandy: Hello, and welcome to the 4th chapter that I FINALLY completed!
Vaxni: -throws confetti- Yay!!! More fun with ME!!
Mandy: You really are a Mary Sue.
Vaxni: What! Is that what you think of me?! As some not-so-unique character?!
Mandy: Well, according to these reviews...
Vaxni: Screw them! I'm going to prove I'm not a Mary Sue... In this chapter, actually. >:k
Mandy: Yea.... someone didn't take their pills this morning...
Axel: Anyways, Mandy doesn't own any of the Organization, except Vaxni, of course.
Mandy: Oh, thanks for doing the disclaimer; I almost forgot. Enjoy this chapter while you can, because it may be a while before I do the next chapter! Oh, and I think this is the first chapter that actually has some more serious stuff in this chapter. More like fluff... -fu fu fu- :3 (PS: This is also the first chapter that explains a little bit of background on Vaxni, and why she does the things she does. Well, kind of. And if you're wondering why this is so long, it's because it's taken me like four months to finish this chapter! So much to fit in!)
Axel: Mandy, just get on with it! -a monkey comes in, threatening him with a knife- Okay, okay, sorry. Jeesh... You and your active imagination. -monkey brandishes knife-
Chapter 4: Two Kinds of Fluff
Xemnas had ordered a meeting. I'd never been to one before, but from what Axel was telling me, it was BORING. Xemnas would keep going on and on about Kingdom Hearts. When the meeting was finally over with, he tells everyone the real point of the meeting, which only makes the meeting that much longer. I guess that was what old men do, anyways. They ramble, forget, and then tell you later after consuming all of your time.
“Usually, Roxas and I do something to... uh, shake things up a bit.” Axel whispered to me. We stood in the throne room, where only Axel, Roxas, Larxene, Demyx, Zexion, and I waited for the meeting to start. “But I know Saïx is keeping an eye out for it. He won't expect it from you, though. You haven't even met him yet.”
A Dark Corridor opened, and a man with shaggy blue hair stepped in. He glared at Axel, Roxas, and me through narrowed amber eyes. He intrigued me, so I went up to him. He watched me warily as I came over.
“X marks the spot!” I said, poking his X-shaped scar in the middle, which happened to be the bridge of his nose. Everyone in the meeting room burst into laughter.
He started to glow blue, like some sort of specter. That was when all of them silenced. I didn't know why, but it made me wary. I struggled to wipe the smile off of my face, but failed miserably. The blue got even fiercer. “Uh, Vaxni... You might want to back off. Saïx looks like he's about to go into Berserk mode.” Axel warned me, pulling at my arm. I let myself be pulled away --- Saïx looked very pissed.
The Organization was all gathered in the room, but Xemy was missing. Everyone had teleported to their thrones, except Axel, Roxas, and me. I glanced up at the ones sitting in their seats, counting up all of the thrones. There were only thirteen...
“I just realized... where am I going to sit?” I asked. I saw a hand raised... that was Zexy. “What is it, Zexion?”
“You can sit with me, if you want.” He said, smiling sheepishly, knowing full damn well what he was asking me. I glared at him, using the Dark Corridors to appear in front of him, floating. I punched him in the head, and then returned to Axel and Roxas, who watched with grins on their faces. “Ouch... That hurt... more emotionally than physically...” Just for that, I gave him another much deserved lump on the other side of his head.
“HENTAI!!” I shouted at him. That was when Xemy entered the room.
“What in Kingdom Hearts' sake is going on here?!” He bellowed. Axel and Roxas discreetly went to their seats as if they weren't just standing, watching with amused looks on their faces. I still floated by Zexy. “Vaxni...”
“Don't look at me! Zexion was the one being a pervert!” I said, crossing my arms across my chest, glaring at said person. He smirked smugly, and I raised a fist to indicate that violence would soon be used if he didn't stop being a pervert. Zexy cowered in his throne. He remembered when I had stomped on his hand --- that had to have hurt.
Xemy sighed, teleporting to his throne. “Vaxni, for now, could you share a throne with someone? I've ordered the Dusks to make you one later.”
Almost everyone shook their heads, except Axel, Roxas, and Zexy. I chose Axel, since he was the first reasonable (okay, I thought he was cool) person I had met. Teleporting to him, I asked if I could sit next to him. He smirked, scooting over so that I could have some room.
We fit in the throne snugly, and I was suddenly aware of his intense heat. I knew his element was fire, and whenever he was in the room everything felt hot to me. I just guessed it was because he was the Flurry of Dancing Flames. Sitting next to him now, I knew this was not the only reason. I tried to ignore him to the best of my ability, actually trying to concentrate on the meeting --- anything to stop thinking about him. I am familiar with Axel's personality, so I was perfectly sure he was doing this on purpose. His favorite thing to do was upset people.
“I suppose by now all of you have met No. 14...” Xemy said, “So let's get on with today's ---” I raised my hand, causing him to sigh, “What is it, Vaxni?”
“I was just counting all of the members I've met so far in my head, Superior,” I said, and he seemed a little surprised when I used his more respected title, “I have been introduced or have run into twelve members as of yet. I don't think I've been cordially introduced to No. 3...”
Axel looked at me, puzzled. “Who are you and what have you done to Vaxni?” He whispered to me. I glanced at him, hoping he would catch on, or maybe see some sort of glimmer of mischief in my eyes. He did, and he gave me a flashing half-grin.
Pretending to be waiting Xemy's answer, I watched as Axel momentarily looked at who had to be No. 3. He had long black hair in many dreadlocks, and sideburns. Oh, this would be easy pickings... No, I thought, try and be nice to him.
I jumped into a portal to float by No. 3, petting him on the head. “Hi, what's your name? Since Xemy---” I had forgotten that no nicknames like those were allowed for the Superior, but I called him that secretly in my head, “--- er, the Superior hasn't gotten around to answering my question...” He glared up at me. I knew then that he had been warned by the others. I thought it was probably Xigbar, or maybe even Vexen. Oh, well, I didn't care what they thought about me. I wasn't here to make a big impression. “I apologize if I seem rude, but,” I wrapped my arm around his neck so he wouldn't move while I messed with his hair, “You're so fluffy!”
Everyone stared at me, mouths wide open. Even Axel hadn't seen that one coming. No. 3 sat there, absolutely stunned. I took this to my advantage, petting Fluffy. That would be his new nickname --- I didn't care what his real name was, that was what I would call him. I haven't come up with good enough nicks for Axel or Roxas yet...
“Aw, why are you petting Xaldin?” Zexy whined, breaking the awkward silence. “Why can't you pet me, Vaxni?”
“Perverts don't deserve to be pet!” I shouted at him, and then went back to petting No. 3, Xaldin... Xaly, no --- Fluffy, I mean.
“Vaxni, get back to your seat. NOW.” Xemy demanded. I pouted, but, nevertheless, warped back to Axel's throne. He hadn't moved from his original spot, so I sat beside him. “Anyways, let the meeting continue...”
As Xemy droned on about Kingdom Hearts, my feeling of self-awareness grew. When they thought I wasn't looking at them, other members would sneer at me. Roxas would grin or wink at me when I glanced in his general direction. I had to glare at the perverted Zexion (whom I was no longer calling Zexy anymore, since he didn't deserve such a cool nickname) every few minutes to get him to stop gazing at me. Vexen was studying me, as if I was the experiment, and not Riku and Sora.
I don't want to worry about them right now, though. I thought, shifting slightly to get more comfortable. It's the guy sitting next to me that I'm getting anxious about!
There was this sizzling heat every time Axel and I “accidently” (on my part, but obviously not on his) brushed hips. I kept leaning to my side of the throne, but it was like he was trying to touch me. My fingers fidgeted in my lap. It was so hard to sit there, with all that man sitting next to me only a breath away...
Oh my god, what am I thinking?! I thought, my fingers frozen in the terror I was feeling in my head. You're thinking like this because the meeting's so dull. That's the only reason... I gazed down at my hands, which were gripping the material of my cloak. Aggghh! I wish my hands wouldn't give away my emotions so easily...!
“Hey, Vaxni,” Axel whispered into my ear, making me jump. I looked to see him grinning, and I glared at him. “Stop fidgeting so much --- the Superior'll take notice.”
“I can't help it if I'm bored.” I said to him quietly, cautiously noting once again how close we were.
“You're wearing your emotions on your sleeve... but Nobodies aren't supposed to feel emotions, according to No. 1, anyways.” He replied in a whisper by my ear. Axel's breath tickled my ear, making me force down shivers. The line that was his lips curved at one end. “And if you're so bored and need to move your hands, you can pet me instead of Xaldin.” I raised a brow at him, but he was being quite serious (a sight I had yet to see, and now I have). I shrugged, scratching him behind his ear like I would with a cat.
The cool thing about petting Axel was that he acted a great deal like a cat already (with the green eyes and the mischievousness). He rubbed his cheek on my arm when I hit a good spot. Wait... what's the rumbling noise coming from his throat...? I thought, and then realized. He's purring! Yes, Axel was purring like a house cat. I hid my grin as best as I could, so neither Xemy nor Zexy could see.
Speaking of Zexy... I thought, glancing over at him. He was glaring evilly at Axel, and then he saw that I was looking at him, giving me a smug smirk. I narrowed my eyes, and he averted his gaze to watch Xemy. Why did he start acting like that to me, I wonder? Is it because I called him a pervert, and now he wants to be a pervert to me more often? Or is he doing it just to piss me off?
“Hey,” Axel said, snapping me from my thoughts, “You stopped.” I realized my hand was still in his hair, and it wasn't moving. I started scratching again, hearing his satisfaction through his purring and rubbing. I rolled my eyes. Axel's character just keeps getting better and better...
I froze, dropping my arm into my lap. I thought that about someone else, too... But who? I stared off into space, not noticing everyone's curious stares. Even Xemnas had stopped his Kingdom Hearts rant to look at me. Suddenly, everything went black. But it was quickly filled with another image, except blurry at the edges of my vision.
I was sitting on a lop-sided tree next to someone, gazing out at the sea, where the sun set beyond the horizon. Stars began to dot the skies. I tried to look at who was next to me, but my head wouldn't move. That person called me --- I couldn't hear what I was being called --- and I looked at him. I remembered this moment, this face; all too clearly now, when I didn't want to remember.
This was my confession.
This was my Riku.
I shook my head outside of the memory. No, no, no, no. He's not mine. I was stupid enough to fall in love with him. It's not that he wasn't a nice guy; it's just that I should've known he wasn't interested. Sure, it broke my heart to pieces, but he didn't mean to. Honest.
Shatter the memory. Shatter it! A tiny voice said. I realized that it was me. Take the pain of it away...
That was what I did. I felt like I was falling, falling too fast. Until...
My whole body twitched. I was on something bouncy. I felt enveloped in warmth. Soft blankets covered me. Why could I only think in short sentences? My brain had malfunctioned for a moment, but now I was over it. Was I not supposed to destroy whatever I had destroyed? Am I impaired for all time?
“Vaxni... are you awake?” Someone mumbled into my right ear. My eyes snapped open, searching wide eyed for the voice that said that.
I couldn't see his face very well, but I suddenly felt his arms around my waist. He was the warmth that had enveloped me, that was still enveloping me. I could see a flicker of green on the face.
Screeching, I rolled off the bed (for that was what I had been on), nearly dragging Axel with me (for that was who I had been sleeping next to). The blankets tumbled on top of me. I lay under them for a few seconds, in a state of shock. What the f---
“Hey, Vax!” Axel leaped out of the bed, wearing a pair of loose shorts. I was still wearing the t-shirt and shorts from earlier this morning. I realized so much had happened today, that now it was night. Did I have a room? “Are you alright? What happened at the meeting room?”
The blankets were being pushed aside. I lay on the floor, my eyes adjusting to the bright light. Axel stood by me, pulling his hand away from the lamp he had just turned on. “Vax, why are you crying?”
“Because I can't SEE!” I said, rubbing my eyes, “And what the hell am I doing in your room?!”
“Well, like your throne, the Dusks are building you a room... later.” Axel laughed, patting his head, “Oh, you should see the look on your face. Priceless. Never slept in a guy's bed, huh?” I felt the heat rush up to my face, and I covered it with blankets. If Xemnas had told me this morning (he had just found me today, at about 3 or 4 `o clock in the morning) that I was going to end up in a bedroom with a pyromaniac who threw off chaste cracks, I would've told him he was nuts and needed “this great therapist in Hollow Bastion...”
“I didn't know you had a shy side, Vax. Is it me, or was it the virgin crack?” He knelt by me, trying to determine my expression after pulling the sheets down. I pulled them up again, rolling under the bed. “Do you want us to sleep under the bed? That's pretty uncomfortable. Ah, well. At least you won't be able to get up and walk away from me...”
Hearing this, I rolled out the other side of the bed, only to bump into his feet. I struggled out of the sheets glaring up at him even with the blush on my face. Axel was trying to keep his face composed, but a grin kept peeking out, threatening to become a laugh. He chuckled after his expression battle, and something low in my gut was tugged at every sound.
Here I was, just “born” this morning, in a room with a half-naked guy who insisted on making fun of me. When did the events of today change into this? Oh, yea, when I passed out.
“Stop it.” I managed to say clearly. I stood, or tried to. My legs were wobbly, and I fell back onto the bed. There were two cloaks on the end post, and I grabbed the one that looked like mine. I scooted to the side of the bed Axel wasn't near, but he followed me across the bed like a cat. Now I was getting pissed. I could only be shy for so long, and this was my limit. I hated it when guys did this kind of thing, to make me seem like I was different around them than with others. “Get the hell away from me.” He paused on his way to me, tilting his head.
“Why? That's my cloak.” Axel said. I felt stupid for thinking those things before, gazing down at the cloak. There were little bits of red hair on it --- so it was Axel's. I laughed sheepishly, handing him the cloak. “Sorry about the jokes. I just thought you looked cute when you were blushing.” I gazed at him, but I didn't realize what I was gazing at until he said, “Are you wondering something about me? Hmmm?”
I glanced away quickly, feeling heat in my face again. I had been wondering what the skin on his chest tasted like! That was unlike me. I've never felt like this before, and I knew it wasn't love at all. I knew what love felt like...
I snagged my cloak, laying it on the ground. “What are you doing?” Axel asked.
“I'm sleeping on the floor.” I replied, lying on my cloak, the hood made into a makeshift pillow. “Don't bother me.” A soft, red blanket was tossed over and landed on me, covering my body. I glanced up, only to get a pillow in the face.
Axel snorted. “Oops.” I glared at him, taking the pillow and putting it under my head.
“You'd better be sleeping in the bed, because I won't move unless you do.” I said, and then drifted off to sleep.
Of course, the next morning, I found him curled around me like I was the center of the world. My parting line for this episode is this:
Hell hath no fury like a female Nobody.
 
Mandy: Phew!!!! That was super long, although there were some more serious parts. Maybe we'll come to understand Vaxni before long.
Vaxni: Hey! I'm not a book or anything to be read and tossed away as you please!
Axel: I'm going to enjoy this book...
Mandy: I'm not even going to start at all with you two. Thanks for all the reviews; they've gotten me through this hard time of writer's block.
Laxaeus: -walking in carrying a block- It was a VERY heavy block, too. -drops block, makes a huge hole in the ground-
Mandy: I hope you will all come to think of Vaxni as unique, and not a Mary Sue!
Vaxni: YEA!! SO YOU BETTER NOT COME BACK IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME!! I'll be here forever.
Mandy: ...Yea.... -sweatdrop- Please R & R!!