Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Transparent ❯ Transparent ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

His fist digs into the collar of my black coat and I let my screams echo freely within the Basement Headquarters of Castle Oblivion.
 
All my power slowly drains out of me and into that of the Riku Replica. The red head's sadistic grin is the only thing my eyes stay focused on.
 
Even though I'm a Nobody, I feel my muscles growing numb and more unresponsive with every passing second.
 
"That's enough."
 
The immitation lets me slump down onto the icy floor.
 
"Now go and do as you've been wanting to do."
 
An ungloved hand lifts my chin. I stare up in fear into glossy emerald eyes. Two purple reverse teardrops lock into my view as well.
 
But why didn't he just let that fake finish me? I'd be better off anyway.
 
I just want to reach out and touch those fake tears of his. I can't even look at him without the heart I don't have aching.
 
"I'm sorry Zexion...you just learned too much."
 
"I hate you...Axel."
 
Number 8 pulls me against his torso and I rest my head on his shoulder. Blood red tresses block my view of the rest of the room.
 
Not that I care looking at blank walls. I'd much rather stare at his perfect features. I'm surprised he's even taken notice of me. Other than the fact that I'm ranked higher...not that rank exactly matters either.
 
"Zexion...I...I didn't mean for all of this to happen."
 
I scoff and ignore the pain raging through me, tugging at me to just give in already.
 
"Then why?"
 
Tearless sobs rack his frame against mine. "Because I didn't...want you hurt...Zexy, I...love you...with all of my non-existent heart."
 
I permit a smile to slip onto my countenance. "I know...I love you too."
 
Axel pushes me back at arms length and runs his fingers through the hair covering half my face. His green eyes lock with my darkening blues.
 
"I'm sorry."
 
With the last of my strength in my body I wrap my arms around his neck and push my lips to his. Axel's shock melts away and his hold tigethen around me once more.
 
The bittersweet kiss is not long lasting. I lift my hand to place it over where his heart would be. Flecks of darkness fall from my appendage and dissolve in mid flight.
 
His face controts into that of agony just at the sight of my dissolving body.
 
It's almost as if he's not one of us...like he has...a transparent heart...
 
"You're worthy Axel."
 
I sigh and lean my head back against his chest as I slowly let myself begin to fade away. "I would've gotten myself killed anyway."
 
"Don't say that."
 
"Go get rid of Marluxia. I'll see you later."
 
Axel lies me down on the cruel tiled ground before ghosting one last kiss over my lips. Flashing abittersweet grin, he runs toward the door. Axel glances back at me a final time before teleporting away.
 
He sure is special...
 
...maybe I can see him...
 
...again...
 
...long after...
 
...I have faded back into nothingness...