Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Yutori No Kagami ❯ birth by sleep ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yutori No Kagami
 
Room of Mirrors
 
 
Chapter One:
 
Birth By Sleep
 
----------------------------0. Xatti------------------------------
 
 
“His pulse… quickened…”
 
“What…?”
 
“He… should…up… few…”
 
“Really…? …long?”
 
“1… hours…”
 
“Can… contact…Riku… Kairi…?”
 
“…sir.”
 
He lay on the hospital bed, still beneath the crisp white sheets. His skin was pale, so pale that once could see that his veins were faintly visible. His spiky cinnamon hair lay in disarray about his head, long bangs falling into his face, the rest spreading out on the pillow underneath his head. I.V. tubes were inserted into his arms, disappearing beneath the bandages that covered the lanky limbs, monitoring his heart and feeding him the necessary liquids.
 
“I've… them… asked…”
 
“Thank…”
 
Jumbled words entered his awareness like raindrops. Partial speech was heard and it made his head hurt. He didn't want to move, his limbs felt like lead, eyes burning beneath the lids… where was he?
 
“Sora!”
 
`Who is that? …Who is this… Sora…?' he wondered absently, noticing for the first time that his arms had something tight and scratchy on them, and his head was bound tightly by some strange restraint… but he felt no pai-
 
“MOVE!”
 
“Sora!”
 
“Un…” he groaned, resisting the urge to cradle his head as pain shot through it. He opened his eyes slowly, blurry shapes meeting his eyes.
 
“Sora? Sora!”
 
“Shh…!”
 
`That name again…' he blinked a few more times, his sight becoming sharper with each blink.
 
“Sora, can you hear me?” that voice sounded again… so warm, and vaguely familiar.. Where had he heard it?
 
He turned slightly to the right and was met with a pair of worried looking aquamarines looking to him from behind a curtain of silver hair. Blinking slowly he cocked his head to the side, waiting… who was this boy?
 
“Sora…? It's me, Riku,: the other boy murmured, green eyes close to panicking.
 
He merely blinked, it seemed that he was this… Sora person? If what this boy was indicating was in fact true… So this boy… is…
 
“Ri… Riku…?” he rasped, voice cracking from prolonged disuse, the need to try out the name on his tongue overriding the feeling of pain his body sent out. Why was that name so familiar to him?
 
“The Secret Place!”
 
“Get up, Sora, I know you can do better than that!”
 
Sora's eyes seemed to dim slightly, but nonetheless he still looked slightly more awake.
 
“You're alright,” he sighed, a breath of relief escaping his lips as he hung his silvery head before continuing, voice slightly muffled, “You… you don't know how worried everyone was… I was. Heh, I told everyone you wouldn't give in so easily,” here he lifted his head, his smile revealing itself, his vibrant eyes relieved and happy.
 
He merely stared, his large blue eyes peering from beneath his spiky brown bangs. His eyes drifted downward, taking in the other's disheveled appearance.
 
Strands of sliver slipped from the mass of hair pulled back along his broad back. The blue denim jean jacket tied about his waist crinkled his yellow t-shirt slightly. His denim jeans were slightly baggy, but it seemed as though they both came in a set.
 
“Wor…ried? About… what?” he whispered, straining to put words together in a sentence, His throat really hurt for some reason…
 
Riku looked at him a little strangely, green eyes concerned, “Sora, you've been in a coma for the past-“ he started, but was cut off by the door opening.
 
Sora turned his head on the pillow and was met by a flurry of pink and red. Large violet eyes crinkled as she rushed forward, hugging the boy about the middle.
 
Needle-like pain shot up from the contact and he winced, uttering a small `ow.'
 
Riku glared venomously at the girl as she froze, backing off of the injured boy, noticing his discomfort. She didn't however catch Riku's glare.
 
“Oh! I'm sorry, Sora! I forgot about your ribs!” she apologized, moving back further to allow him room to breathe.
 
“Skye!” squealed a girl with green eyes and curls, moving closer to his bed after the other female in pink moved away.
 
He merely stared before a tall brunette near the doorframe spoke, closing the door as he entered, his voice was calm and collected, an underlying tone of relief hidden beneath it.
 
“Nice to have you back, Sora. Had us worried there, kid.”
 
Ocean blues met gunmetal gray and Sora blinked. Who were these people?
 
“Who… are you… people?” he questioned, voice quiet and curious. How could these people know him if he didn't even know himself?
 
The man near the doorway paused, unfolding slightly muscular arms as he walked to the boy's bedside. The little brunette looked about ready to cry, her emerald greens shiny and glassy. The red head looked shocked, if not downright sad.
 
“The doctor said that there was a possibility of this happening… You have amnesia, Sora,” he told him, hands placed on the bed firmly, “It's me, Sora, Squall Leonheart your elder brother and caretaker, “ he said, pointing to himself with a leather covered hand. The man was covered from head to toe in brown leather, his white t-shirt tucked into his pants.
 
“Squall…” Sora repeated, trying to wrap his mind around what the man was telling him.
 
“Right,” Squall nodded before, gesturing towards the little girl with curls, who was dressed in an orange tank and khaki capris “This little girl beside me is Olette, our half sister,” said girl smiled slightly as she tried to hold back her tears.
 
“O…lette…” he whispered, grasping Olette's hand that was near his and rubbing it, offering her a small smile.
 
“This one here,” he gestured towards the last female in the room, who wore a full pink zipper dress “is Kairi, a childhood friend of yours.”
 
“Kai…ri,” he mumbled, glancing towards the fidgeting red head, who waved slighty.
 
“And lastly, the one over there who has already introduced himself, I'm sure is Riku, “ Squall sighed, closing his eyes briefly.
 
Sora turned back to the silver haired male and smiled, eyes crinkling slightly as something he remembered came into the conversation, “yes… Riku…”
 
Riku for his part only blinked, a light blush dusting his pale cheeks.
 
Olette, who deemed it safe to speak, smiled down at Sora, their hands entwined, “I… really missed you, Skye…” she whispered, tears finally breaking free of her eyes and falling on the bed. That was when he noticed the bandages about his wrist.
 
“Wha…?”
 
Squall looked to where his gaze led and frowned, running his hand through his shaggy hair before speaking, “the doctors said that you suddenly started clawing at your neck and wrists, screaming and thrashing in your sleep. They said you were remembering the accident in your nightmare.”
 
“What… accident?” Sora questioned, clearly confused, his mind drawing a blank.
 
Squall ran a hand through his hair again and sighed heavily, “about a month ago, a truck hit you and landed you in the hospital. You've been in a coma ever since.”
 
He blinked as his head was assaulted with an intense pain, making him grip his chocolate locks and pull, letting out a yell as a vision of glaring yellow lights assaulted his mind.
 
“SORA!” three people chorused, as he felt Squall's large hand move to touch his arm, trying to calm him. It took a moment for him to realize it was merely an illusion. He winced as he let his arms drop. If it was an illusion, why did his head hurt?
 
“Are you alright?” Olette asked, checking to see if he'd hurt himself with his sudden movements.
 
His breathing was labored as though he'd run a marathon, and his eyes darted about, taking in his surroundings. The white of the hospital seemed to calm him and his breathing slowed to normal.
 
He turned to Riku just as the door opened, making him glance at the door when the silver-haired male sighed dejectedly. Another male, looking to be slightly older than Riku entered the room, dark blue eyes meeting Sora's before moving away to Riku's, his own silver hair swaying gently. The teen wore a crisp dark blue button up shirt complete with black dress pants, all covered by his black trench coat that he wore.
 
“Riku, father's waiting. You've been long enough,” he announced, shoulder-length silver hair that wasn't pulled back falling into his face as he tilted his head to the side, “ah, Sora-san. Nice to see that you've awakened.”
 
Sora merely stared at the boy before looking to his brother. But Squall wasn't looking his way, he was instead borderline glaring at the youth, gray eyes steely and distant.
 
“Ienzo, sarcasm isn't welcome here,” Riku stated, standing from his seat and glaring at his elder, “I'm sorry, Sora, but I'll have to cut this visit short…” he stopped when he felt a cool hand grasp his.
 
“Ri… ku?” Blue eyes seemed to plead and he stopped, a soft smile touching his pale lips.
 
“Don't worry, Sora, I'll come back… I promise,' he then leaned down and kissed the boy lightly on his forehead, soft lips meeting bandages.
 
Leon bristled at the action but remained still and silent, he was very protective of his siblings. Olette blushed and politely looked away, grinning from ear to ear. Kairi narrowed her violet eyes and huffed, folding her arms over her chest. Sora just blinked, not knowing how else to react to the gesture.
 
“As much as this touching moment makes me want to vomit, “ Ienzo said, voice slicing through the silence like a nice through butter, “I don't want to keep father waiting,” and without further ado, he left with a swish of his tailored black trench coat.
 
“Ass...” Kairi murmured, performing akanbe. (1)
 
Squall's lips twitched before he closed his eyes, his arms folded across his chest again.
 
Olette giggles and placed her hands behind her back, her curly hair swishing gently.
 
Riku smiled a bit and waved goodbye before following after his brother.
 
“Ienzo, you ass, I've told you before to be polite to them!” Riku hissed stalking up to where the elder teen was leaning against the wall, heedless of the other occupants of the hallway. If they wanted to watch let them, he'd deal with them later. Maybe a lawsuit for eaves dropping? Yea… that would work…
 
Ienzo merely shrugged and pushed off the wall, his voice drifting from to Riku, “why would I be polite to someone you only want to fuck?”
 
Riku glared, flushing lightly, “shut up! You know damn well it's not like that! I love Sora!”
 
Ienzo merely glanced behind him before continuing, his last words making Riku pause.
 
“But does Sora?”
 
--------------------0. Xatti------------------------
 
Said boy lay in the hospital bed, his eyelids frighteningly heavy. He yawned and let his eyes flutter shut.
 
“Sleep well, Sora…” Squall murmured, ruffling his hair softly.
 
Sora felt his lips tug upwards slightly before plunging head first into his dream.
 
Quite literally.
 
--------------------0. Xatti------------------------
 
When I next opened my eyes, I was falling head first from the sky. My eyes widened as realization hit, making me scream. But as soon as I began, my body started to right itself almost immediately, making me do a small turn in the air before I landed. I closed my eyes and braced for impact, surprised when my bare feet touched the ground with a small `tap.'
 
Glancing around, I was met with solid black. I couldn't tell where the floor stopped and where the walls began… everything seemed connected. Taking a tentative step forward, I blinked as a dark blue light erupted beneath my feet.
 
I shielded my eyes against the brightness of it, pausing when I heard flapping and felt wind brushing against my body. I lowered my arms and opened my eyes, captivated by what I saw around me.
 
A huge flock of ravens seemed to peel away from the darkness flying upwards, spiraling around me. Loose feathers fell to the ground and dissipated in a shower of soft dark blue sparks as their owners escaped heavenward. I continued to watch their assent, most certainly continuing until the last one disappeared… if only…
 
…I hadn't felt the cool arms that slipped around my waist, pulling me closer to an even cooler body.
 
I stiffened and glanced down quickly, hoping to high heaven that I wasn't where I thought I was. But alas, all wishes weren't meant to be granted.
 
I was met by my reflection… and the other… me, holding me against his bare chest, His shorts that fell to his knees rode low on his hips, barely resting there. It seemed…
 
…I had returned to the room of mirrors.
 
“What do you want with me?” I questioned, unknowingly repeating my earlier question, as I reigned in the shivers that threatened to rack my body. It was so cold that I could see my breath.
 
“CoMe NoW, lItTlE oNe… I'vE aNsWeReD tHiS bEfOrE…” he murmured, face buried in the crook of my neck, his hands moving boldly against my skin, making me shiver from something other than the cold.
 
“Yeah but… I don't understand what you want me to- will you stop that?” I hissed, as his hand slipped beneath the waistband of my clothes, just touching my member.
 
His hand paused, the tips of his claws, dragging lazily along the top of it, making it twitch ever so slightly. He then licked my neckm nibbling on the flesh there slightly, “BuT sOrA… i WaNt To HeAr AlL tHoSe SoUnDs YoU mAkE wHeN yOu GeT oFf oN tHaT oNe PeRsOn…” here he grinned wickedly and ground his hips into my ass, biting down on my neck as he did so.
 
A short yell and the pleasure I'd been feeling was taken away in the blink of an eye. I wrenched myself away from him, clutching my neck as the ruby colored liquid slipped through my fingers and trailed down my arm, dripping into the floor. My heavy breathing accentuated with occasional warping sounds as the blood was absorbed.
 
“What the Hell are you going on about?” I yelled, wincing as the screeches erupted from beneath me.
 
He was silent for a moment, tilting his head to the side a bit before speaking, a hint of amusement in his distorted voice, “I bElIeVe YoU kNoW wHaT i'M tAlKiNg AbOuT, sOrA. oNe WoRd- NaDaRe.”
 
I blinked and I could feel my cheeks heat. My eyes darted away as coal black eyes entered my mind. Another screech and my eyes snapped back to my other my eyes widening at what I saw.
 
There before me stood Nadare (2) of the rock group Avalanche. Or at least for a split second I thought, he'd only turned himself into the silhouette of my crush.
 
“Don't… DON'T MESS WITH ME LIKE THAT!” I yelled, tears brimming my eyes as I looked away… he was out of my reach…
 
Silence before I heard him morph back into his regular form. He took a step forward and spoke, his voice oddly quiet.
 
“Mm…YeS… i LoVe It WhEn YoU fEeL pAiN, sOrA. yOu MaKe Me WiSh To OwN yOu AlL tHe MoRe,” he whispered, hand reaching out to touch my face.
 
“Don't touch me!” I yelled, tears blurring my vision as I hit his hand away, “Keep your fucking hands to yourself, you asshole!”
 
He let his arm drop to his side and looked at it for a moment, seemingly contemplating something. He turned back to me after a few moments of silence, his eyes blazing, his power creating a strong wind that nearly blew me off my feet.
 
“My My… LiTtLe SoRa HaS gOtTeN bOlD!” he chuckled, extending an arm to the side, “wE'lL hAvE tO fIx ThAt…” with that said, tendrils of… I suppose darkness shot out towards me from his claws, wrapping themselves tightly around my body.
 
“What…?”
 
“ShH… dOn'T sPeAk…” he whispered cool lips met mine as the darkness eclipsed my vision, “UnTiL nExT tImE, sOrA-dEaReSt, GoOdByE…”
 
I opened my mouth to say something, but the thing wrapping itself around me shot into my mouth, making me gag and my eyes tear. The last thing I saw with my rapidly dimming vision was his back, he'd transformed back into that boy… that wonderful boy…
 
`Nadare…'
 
 
--------------------0. Xatti------------------------
 
 
 
Akanbe: the act of pulling down the lower eyelid and sticking out one's tongue to tease.
Nadare: a character of my own creation, and the current source of Sora's affection… at the moment.