Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Yutori No Kagami ❯ School Daze ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yutori no Kagami
 
School Daze- Rain
 
The rain falls like my scattered thoughts
 
(Weary is my indecision)
 
The drops bead on my head like crystalline pepper
 
(Silent is my decision)
 
I look to the sky and savor this time
 
(Soulless is my composition)
 
Smiling I spread my arms to catch the drops
 
(The mood has risen)
 
As these tears of blood touch the earth to the sky.
 
Nadare- STORM excerpt
 
0.Xatti
 
He jerked awake at the loud thunderclap that sounded just outside the bedroom window. His hair lay damp with sweat atop his head; wet bangs falling into wide and frantic eyes. He then looked down when his erratic breathing slowed and saw the dried blood staining his shirt and part of the sheets around him, dying them a slight brown color, and his eyes narrowed. `Great… more cuts…'
 
He moved his arms and winced, it seemed he had wounds on his arms as well. `I'll bet Squall will be thrilled.' he thought venomously as he sighed and swung his legs over the bedside and allowed his elbows to sit on his knees as he rested his head in his hands to try to calm himself down. This… fear thing was getting really old really fast. Why did he have such an emotion when he didn't know what the Hell he was supposed to be afraid of? In his mind, it didn't make any sense, and he didn't like being confused… no he didn't.
 
A few moments passed in silence before he chanced a glance at the clock. 6:15 am… just 15 minutes before he had to get up. `I just don't understand anything here,' he thought as he sighed again, clapping his hands to his legs and stood, the small jolt making him move faster, and reassuring him that there was nothing to be afraid of here. There was no use trying to stretch, he decided as he moved to the door, as it would most likely break his old scabs.
 
And we don't want big brother Squall pitching a fit, do we?
 
Reaching the door, he opened it slowly and slipped out quietly, he didn't want to wake Olette, he didn't need to be driven insane so early in the morning. He flicked the light switch on as he passed on his way to Squall's room, the brightness of it making him see spots in his vision. As he attempted to blink them away, he felt a slight fear creep up his spine. He always got like this just before telling the older male of his new injuries.
 
He steeled himself as his vision cleared, holding his breath as he walked the rest of the way to Squall's room, hand dragging along the white of the wall as if it gave him comfort. `It's okay…' he thought to himself, as he stood before the closed door, `he won't be too mad, I'm sure he's never hit Sora before for waking him up so early in the morning.' He then raised his hand and paused, a new thought ripping through his fragile defenses.
 
`But, I'm not Sora… now am I?'
 
He shut his eyes tightly before knocking gently on the wooden door, eyebrows knitted together in concentration, there was silence as he gritted his teeth as he waited. And sure enough, Squall's tired voice rang out, making him jump a little and his head snap towards the door.
 
“What…?”
 
`Calm down… this is Squall we're talking about.'
 
The thought really didn't calm him down, but whatever, he'd already woken him up.
 
“I… have new cuts…”
 
The voice that left him was a whispered one and he wondered if Squall had heard it. The pause almost made him ask again, but Squall's gruff voice hushed those thoughts immediately, it seemed as though that information seemed to wake him up if only a little.
 
“Go run the water, I'll be there in a minute.”
 
He gratefully did as he was told, glad to be away from such an imposing area, walking quickly to the bedroom door. He glanced back at Squall's door and frowned before shaking his head slightly, turning the knob to enter Sora's room.
 
The raindrops pounding on the windows filled the silence as the door shut with a soft click.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-0.Xatti -_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
After the bath, Squall had dressed the news cuts and retreated back into the solitude of his own room without a word, leaving the younger boy to his own devices. Said boy just sighed and reentered the bathroom, pausing as the mirror caught his gaze. He moved over to it and stared into it, mirrored orbs boring into him from underneath damp chocolate colored bangs.
 
He lifted a bandaged arm slowly, glancing at it before placing his palm on the glass, fingers pressing against its surface heavily. His other hand gripped the porcelain basin roughly, his teeth gritting as he stared at the reflection in the mirror. Cool droplets ran down his face, landing inside the basin and sliding down the drain.
 
“Why…? Why am I… within this… body?” he whispered, looking to the mirror before him vainly for answers, and when he found none he continued, “I don't want… to be So… Sora… I want to… to be my… own person. I want to… be real… not a persona… nality… born from a… lapse in me… memory… I…”
 
Here he paused, unsure of what he really wanted. He glanced at the clock and sighed wearily, he needed to finish getting ready quickly. Another glance at the reflection and he let his hand slip away and towards his toothbrush. As his fingers gripped it, a thought made itself known, making him pause if only for a second.
 
`I want… to have my own life…'
 
A tremendous thunderclap sounded just outside the window and he jumped, toothbrush clattering noisily inside the sink. He glanced outside and breathed out deeply, was that supposed to be that close? He turned back around and picked up the toothbrush gingerly, preparing to start him day.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-0.Xatti -_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Downcast blue eyes stared at the black Timberlands that adorned his feet that splashed unceremoniously through the many shallow puddles that littered the ground. His eyes wandered from the ripples to the many droplets that took to the air as his feet splashed through them, mesmerized.
 
`Pretty… like diamonds…'
 
Right…
 
Left…
 
Right…
 
Olette glanced up at her elder brother, emerald greens darkened a little from the shadow of the pale blue umbrella that she held within her grasp. She watched as his eyes never left the ground, almost in a trance. Sora hated the rain… so she supposed this was normal behavior, he often used to glare at it… but not quite like that… She looked to her own boots and smiled a little, her own white Timberlands contrasting with Sora's larger and darker ones.
 
`It's like I'm stating I'm more pure than him… why did he get that color? I thought he liked blue…'
 
Splish…
 
Splash…
 
Splish…
 
He donned a pitch-black trench coat that could double as a raincoat since it had a hood. But he wasn't wearing the hood up, instead allowing the raindrops to pound unmercilessly upon his head. His thick spiky hair lay flattened on his scalp, obscuring his sapphire eyes until he brushed his unruly hair away from his face in slight annoyance.
 
`This rain is nice… like it's washing a lot of stuff away… Maybe it'll wash away the scars?' he mused, seriously considering pulling up one of his sleeves, `but no… that's ridiculous…' and he frowned, before looking up, brushing away a clump of hair as he did so.
 
A small smile touched his lips as the school came into view.
 
`Riku… goes there… right…?'
 
And he blushed a little, looking to the puddles once more.
 
He liked the rain… but he liked Riku more.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-0.Xatti -_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“Sora, is that you?” an unfamiliar voice called out as said he made his way down the hall. He slowed down and turned a little, before stumbling to a stop. He was met by startling silver hair and vibrant aquamarine eyes, and he blinked. This was not Riku.
 
`Although… his appearance did fool me for a second…'
 
Shoulder length silver strands of hair brushed against a black trench coat, similar to his, but with no hood. His white trimmed dark blue uniform showed through the opening of the coat, top buttons unbuttoned, showing his white undershirt. His white school shoes tapped quietly against the tiled floor as the boy walked up to him.
 
“… Who are you?” he asked, sapphire eyes locked on the other's. Silver eyebrows arched and rose as aquamarine eyes widened slightly.
 
“Who do you think I am, Leonheart, Sora?” he asked, silky voice seeming to wrap around the brunette, paralyzing him, “I'm Kinusaya Kadaj, your number one admirer.”
 
His eyes widened slightly and he frowned a little, `another person likes Sora? Isn't it enough that Riku likes him?'
 
He ignored the twinge his heart made at Riku's name, it was nothing, he was sure.
 
He cocked his head to the side, droplets falling away from swaying bangs, making the other's face heat slightly, “admirer you say? Just what is there to admire?”
 
Kadaj willed himself not to tell the other boy just what he did admire… at least not yet… It seemed that elder cousin Ienzo was correct. Sora was suffering from amnesia.
 
Perfect.
 
“Well… I'd rather not tell you in such a crowded place, it's kind of embarrassing…” Kadaj said, waving an arm to show that the halls were indeed getting quite a bit crowded, “follow me so that I may tell you in a more… secluded area…”
 
`Wait… but what about Riku? He said he'll be here…'
 
He righted his head and asked softly, his emotions showing through a little, “but… Riku…”
 
Kadaj's smile dimmed a little and his eyes hardened like ice, `What the Hell? Sora never reacted this way to Riku before… just what had he done to Sora… it wasn't fair, damn it…!'
 
“My brother… Yazoo… will tell him where we've gone,” Kadaj stated, voice coming out harsher than intended as he jabbed a thumb behind him.
 
`Whoa… what the…?' He thought as he allowed his gaze to leave Kadaj and drift to the other male standing slightly beside and behind the other male. He looked like Kadaj, only older and with longer hair.
 
Piercing green eyes met his and something flashed within his gaze before it went away, “yeah… I'll tell Ri-chan,” there was a chuckle before he looked away.
 
`Ri-chan…? Just who are they to Riku? He never mentioned them to me…' he wondered before his frowned grew deeper, `he most likely told Sora though…'
 
The thought made him want to hit something.
 
He was about to ask another question before Kadaj pulled him away from the other male. He stumbled at the sudden movement and winced as strong yet thin fingers shackled his wrist tightly, allowing no room to escape. When he gained some semblance of himself, his eyes drifted back to Yazoo and saw others looking to him, all with the same expression.
 
Concern.
 
`What…?'
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-0.Xatti -_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Riku had just stepped into the building when a frantic Kairi ran up to him, he didn't even get a chance to shake out his umbrella. Normally he would have scowled, but the look on her reasonably pretty face made him pause. Nothing worried Kairi this much except for…
 
Sora.
 
“What happened, Kairi?” he asked when she was within hearing range, “are you okay?”
 
Large violet eyes met his and her disheveled hair fell into them as she spoke, voice shaking slightly, “Kadaj… Kadaj took Sora somewhere that Yazoo-sempai knows…”
 
`What the Hell…?'
 
Riku's face paled as the words sunk in. His elder cousin, Kadaj was known for getting everything he wanted, but Sora was a different story. The little brunette had always evaded his efforts no matter what he did… as though he were saving himself for someone…
 
Who's your favorite singer Sora?
 
His eyes narrowed, as he began to unwillingly remember.
 
Nadare of Avalanche.
 
If you could meet anyone famous in the world, who would it be?
 
That's easy, Akuji, Akui. Also known as…
 
“Nadare… ,” he whispered to himself, his jealousy raging behind his aqua eyes before he was brought back to the present by his brother's voice.
 
“While I appreciate you waiting, Riku, I don't like standing in the door way, so move,” Ienzo's soft voice spoke from behind him as he entered when Riku moved.
 
“Shut up… where're Yazoo?” he asked as he turned to face the blue-eyed male.
 
Ienzo's face darkened slightly in anger and his eyes bore into Riku's for a few moments before he spoke again, voice slightly strained, “he should be near my Calculus class, we have it together.”
 
Riku only nodded and walked away, Kairi following after shooting Ienzo nervous glances. His visible eye watched the two leave and he felt a smile tug on his face unbidden before continuing his trek to class.
 
`This is going better than planned…'
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-0.Xatti -_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
He could see the bright silver of his cousin's hair as he approached, aquamarines narrowed and glaring. Many of the students backed away for fear of his legendary temper. An angry Kinusaya was not a nice person, not at all.
 
“Yazoo!”
 
The long haired male turned just as he was grabbed and pulled away from his friends by the angry teen. He stumbled a little and regained his footing just before he was slammed into a nearby locker. All in the vicinity gathered what they needed and fled. It wasn't as though they didn't like fights, it was just that it was between the Kinusaya family.
 
“What the Hell, Ri-”
 
“Where are they? Where are Kadaj and Sora?” Riku interrupted, teeth bared and eyes blazing.
 
Yazoo looked down at him for a few seconds before he sneered, turning his head to the side, unwilling to tell him. Riku slammed him back into the lockers to make the older male look at him, aquamarines glaring into the other's face.
 
Yazoo winced and looked at him but did no more. An angry Riku was not one to fool around with… neither was Kadaj, so you saw his predicament. Riku or Kadaj, brother or cousin. He took the brother side naturally.
 
This time.
 
Riku's face darkened, and he leaned closer to the other male, so close Yazoo could feel his breath. He smiled a little when he flinched and began to speak, words harsh and whispered.
 
“Do you want me to tell aunt and uncle? They're quite fond of Sora as you've seen. Or should I tell father? He'd love to hear this…”
 
`Shit… can't stall any longer…'
 
“Okay!” Yazoo said, voice close to breaking as his uncle's face appeared in his mind, “They're under the bleachers on the soccer field.”
 
Aquamarines narrowed before he took off, Kairi following soon after. Yazoo watched them turn the corner and allowed himself to sag along the wall until he reached the floor. Damn… he hated his family…
 
“…Yazoo,” a voice called making him cringe and look up into a cool blue eye, “maybe next time you can do better, Sora is key to this plan and we don't need Riku or anyone else fucking this up.”
 
“I… understand,” he muttered, hating himself even more. He didn't want to be included in this, why the Hell had Loz been so fucking stupid and allowed him to fall into Ienzo's lap like that?
 
“Good, now…” here he paused, glancing around to make sure no one was near, before placing his lips one the other's in a chaste kiss, before saying, “hurry up and get into class, you're going to be late.”
 
And just like that, Ienzo walked away and into class, a small smile touching his lips.
 
`Asshole…' he thought as he stood, brushing off his uniform and moving towards his classroom, “…but… maybe that's why I love him so much…”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-0.Xatti -_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
By the time Riku and Kairi had gotten to the aforementioned spot, Kadaj had Sora pinned against the brick wall, hand down the front his pants. Frantic blue eyes looked up as they approached, eyes flashing with pain.
 
“Ri…ku…”
Kadaj turned as the punch was thrown, connecting with his right cheek and making him stumble. His hand automatically went to his before paling, eyes meeting Riku's.
 
`Goddamn it Yazoo!'
 
“Riku, I can explain…”
 
“Shut up and get out of my face Kadaj,” Riku growled, not even sparing him a glance as he walked past with Kairi on his heels. He didn't need to be told twice and he bolted.
 
Tears welled up in his eyes as the two approached. He didn't want to cry in front of Riku… he bet Sora didn't cry in front of people. He watched as Kadaj shot him a look as he continued running, still clutching his cheek. He had told him he'd always used to do that, to keep him quiet he supposed, but then…
 
Why had it felt so uncomfortable?
 
“Sora? Are you okay?” Riku asked, whispering as he knelt beside him, Kairi looking down at them both, worry etched on her face.
 
He looked up and managed a smile through his tears, unable to hold them back after all. Riku was near him and that was all that mattered.
 
But…
 
“Yeah… I'm fine,” he muttered as he used the wall to stand, his smile hiding his thoughts.
 
Those feelings were for Sora.
 
“Oh, Sora. I'm so glad…” Kairi trailed off as he tried to tidy up his clothes a bit but to no avail, mud was caked onto his uniform from when Kadaj had thrown him earlier, trying to keep him on the ground as he struggled.
 
“Don't listen to what Kadaj says anymore, Sora,” Riku told him as he tried to wipe the mud off as well, only getting it on himself in the process, “he's been after you for a long time and he's gotten pretty desperate.”
 
He nodded a little, blue eyes looking to them both and smiling a little. All he had to do was listen to Riku, he'd protect him. But as they were going inside to get cleaned up and attend class, a thought sprang to life in his mind, making his smile fade and a frown take its place.
 
`He'd only protect Sora… if I weren't him, I wouldn't stand a chance.'
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-0.Xatti -_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
He lay in bed, his mind trying to grasp the things he'd been told today in school, luckily they hadn't been assigned homework. He turned over on his back, careful of his scars and stared at the clock beside the bed.
 
He didn't want to disappear, he decided. Riku was… so kind to him and he wanted to always been near him. But… Sora was in the way.
 
If Sora came back, he would be no more. He turned over again, now facing the window, sapphire orbs glinting in the moonlight. He didn't want that. Sora would have to be no more. He would have to become Sora. But for that…
 
Sora would have to be erased.
 
He closed his eyes then, his thoughts swirling as sleep overtook his taxed mind.
 
`Sora…'
 
`Sora…'
 
`So…ra… I will… become you…'
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-0.Xatti -_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
My eyes snapped open and I felt a wave of pain hit me, making me wheeze. What the Hell was that? It felt like someone had punched me ridiculously hard in the stomach. I touched a hand to it and only felt the sensitive white scars.
 
Speaking of those scars… where the Hell was the thing that made them? I glanced up and sure enough, he wasn't that far away, leaning against a nearby mirror, his arms folded, amber eyes trained upon me. I looked away then, the look they gave made me shiver.
 
“SeEmS aS tHoUgH hE hAs SoMeOnE hE hAtEs, DeArEsT.”
 
I snorted and looked up at him again, feeling my disorientation and confusion acutely, “he? He who?”
 
“WhY, yOu oF cOuRsE… oR rAtHeR… tHe BeInG tHaT cAgEs YoU hErE, wItHiN tHiS rOoM.”
 
I sat up and looked at him fully awake now, the pain throbbing near my stomach, fading, But I thought you-?”
 
“Me? i Am MeReLy ThE pRiSoN kEePeR yOu CoUlD sAy. BUt DoN't GeT mE wRoNg, i Do FiNd YoU qUiTe LoVeLy.”
 
Despite myself I blushed, “Then… what does he want?”
 
It occurred to me that he may have been lying, but this was kinda out of the blue…
 
He took a little to answer this time around, his molten yellow eyes boring into my own, “At ThE mOmEnT, rIkU.”
 
“Riku? Why Riku?”
 
His eyes narrowed briefly before returning to normal, “He'S qUiTe TaKeN wItH hIm It SeEmS… wHiCh iS qUiTe UnUsUaL fOr HiM. eVeN tHoUgH… tHiS rIkU iS dIfFeReNt… hE eXuDeS a StRaNgE aUrA.”
 
Riku? Strange? What the Hell…?
 
“Why do you say that?”
 
“BeCaUsE hE iS DaRkNeSs. He CaNnOt- ShOuLd NoT bE aBlE tO lOvE. bUt It SeEmS aS tHoUgH yOuR lIgHt HaS iNfEcTeD hIm… JuSt As He WaS aFrAiD oF.”
 
“Afraid of? Why was he afraid of me? There's nothing special about me.”
 
“YoU cAn'T sEe It NoW, bUt YoU wIlL.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
He gave a weary sigh and ran a clawed hand through his hair, long clawed fingers easing through raven locks like water, “He GaVe Me A mIsSiOn… A mIsSiOn To CoRrUpT yOu So ThAt YoUr LiGhT wOuLdN't Be So RaDiAnT, aNd ThEn EvEnTuAlLy FaDe. BuT hE dIdN't CoUnT oN oNe ThInG…”
 
“What's that…?”
 
“He DiDn'T cOuNt On Me FaLlInG FoR yOu.”
 
“What…?”
 
He stepped towards me then, pushing off against the mirrors, his shoes tapping gently against the glass mirrors beneath him. I think I swallowed some saliva, but I wasn't sure as my fear clouded my mind. When he reached me, instead of attacking me like he usually did, he kneeled before me, his eyes level with mine.
 
“I lOvE yOu, SoRa.”
I blinked. What the Hell…?
 
“Um…?”
 
He closed his eyes then, a look of pain crossing his features, “ThIs PaIn… Is WhAt I dEsErVe. I cAnNoT lOvE… aNd YoU cAnNoT aCcEpT mE, fOr I aM a CrEaTuRe Of DaRkNeSs, Of NiGhTmArE… oF hAtE… bUt I wIlL pRoTeCt YoU wHeN tHe TiMe CoMeS…”
 
“What time?”
 
“WhEn He ReMeMbErS… hE wIlL kIlL yOu. bUt FoR nOw, LeT mE sLeEp…”
 
“Wait-“
 
“SoRa… PlEaSe AlLoW mE tO sLeEp. LEt Me LaY mY hEaD oN yOuR lAp… I'm So TiReD…”
 
I wasn't even given time to think before he collapsed onto my lap. I sat there for a moment before I lifted a hand and position it over his head. I let it hover for a little before I let it bury itself in his hair, which was incredibly soft.
 
What was I doing? Why was I being nice to the thing that tortured me for days on end?
 
“I lOvE yOu, SoRa.”
 
I felt myself blush a little again. Was I so weak that I would forgive him after hearing those words? I guess so… I always did forgive others quickly.
 
I looked down and sighed. I felt tired as well, I guessed morning was coming. I lay down on my back carefully and scooted a little until his head was placed on my stomach. I glanced down again and realized, as black eclipsed my vision…
 
That the cold didn't seem so cold anymore.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-0.Xatti -_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
I know, I know… you people want to kill me right? If there are any questions that need to be asked, ask them, I'll be more than happy to answer them… that is unless I can't, may ruin the plot and whatnot, so until next time, chao!