Kirby: Right Back At Ya! Fan Fiction ❯ Not a Self Help (Help Me Help You) ❯ DROP AND GIVE ME 50! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The next morning Fumu ran up to Meta Knight and Kirby as they had already been awaiting her at the canyon as they planned. "Sorry to keep you waiting," she managed to huff out to them. "It was hard to break away from the family for some reason. It's like they always know when I have something important to do when they get like that on que," she continued to explain as she straightened herself up. Kirby just "poyo'd" with glee and gave her a hug. "It's ok. We didn't set a time, so there's no such thing as being late," the knight commented. Fumu smiled to him and looked behind her to make sure Bun didn't follow her.

She put her backpack on the ground before briefly admiring the view of the sun rising over Kabu Canyon. She was glad she decided the wear something more sporty for today's events. She put on a old shirt and knee long well airy shorts, and shoes with better traction. "Ok, let's get started!" she cheered and Kirby poyo'd again! "Since we're at the bottom of the canyon let's try to go up!" Meta Knight wasn't sure about this plan, but he nodded and compiled. His cape turned into wings and his flapped them once, but the dust didn’t kick up past Fumu's knees. Still, he wanted to go through with it to see what would happen. He couldn't flap much but he made it 5 feet over head before having to come back down. Fumu put a thoughtful fist to her month and gave a serious expression in the puffball's direction before smiling. "Wing strength...," she said then walked over to him. "Alright. Drop and give me 50," she said with a sly smile and the sweetest tone. Both the puffballs looked from her to each other, than back to her. "Oh, come on! I was just kidding!" she said then put a hand behind her head. "I just wanted to see if you would do it!" Kirby frowned looking sad for some reason, and Meta closed has wings around him in the usual fashion he held his cape. "But seriously, we're going to try something with push-ups!" she said getting into position. They followed suit with her and Meta unfolded his wings with more faith in her. "Now while you're up have your wings out," she said then let herself down. "And, when you're down bring your wings down. Just don't move the push ups faster when you move your wings," she said then got out of position.

"That's actually a good plan," he thought as a smile came to has covered face. She walked over and got beside the pink ball and returned to position. "Let's do it, too, Kirby!" she cheered and Kirby poyo'd lifting one arm in agreement. "You're going to have to move from under Sir Meta Knight's wing span, though." Kirby looked over and saw how close it was to the knight so it moved in front of the instructor. "Ok! One!" she said and made sure to move at Meta's pace. Kirby wasn't sure what it was doing just yet, but moved along with the other 2. Fumu continued to count as she didn't make it past 20 pushups. After Kirby got the jest of what it was doing it made to 35 pushups before collapsing. Despite the "joke", Meta Knight and his wing passed 50 pushups and made it to 70! "Oh, wow, Sir Meta Knight!" Fumu cheered as she and Kirby clapped for him.

The blue knight wiped the sweat from under his mask while smiling about making it that far. Given his body-type pushups weren't the best way for him to exercise his arms so he rarely did them. That was the first time he had ever done them with his wings, at that. "This seems like a good time for refreshments before we go to the next step," the pale yellow one said moving to her pack. She passed her friends some "enriched" favored water bottles and warned Kirby not the drink more than half before drinking some herself. Meta Knight had to move his mask slightly to drink and was instantly put off by the taste. He very reluctantly drank about a 3rd of it, knowing what would happen otherwise. Fumu checked Kirby's arms to see if they felt any stronger while Meta Knight stared at her silently. She pulled up a sleeve of the tee shirt and flexed her arm as she and Kirby shared giggles. As mature as Fumu put on she was still very much a pre-teen. She's still a lot more innocent time in her future, but there's no telling how the confrontation with Nightmare was going to change that. His eyes turned dark green as tragic thoughts being to swirl in his mind. So many a promising and vigilant female life forms had confronted Nightmare in the name of the Star Warriors or some separate rebellion group and he hadn't known any to come back from it. The thought of the same faith befalling the only Popstar female he put his trust into was--

"Sir Meta Knight, are you ready to-- Sir Meta Knight...?" She noticed has eyes changing between dark green, dark blue, purple, and red. "M-mehpwah..." Kirby went over and patted the bigger ball on the side. "Hmm?" he looked over to Kirby who smiled brightly. "Are you ok? Do you want to stop?" The young lady asked getting to her feet. "No, I'm ready to continue," he answered getting up while flexing his wings. "Well, give me one strong flap. Give it all you've got!" she said with a determined smile. "Don't worry about lifting off," she added moving away from his a little. "Ok." He got down on the puffball version of all 4's and lifted his wings as high at them would go and half folded them for a few second, then suddenly let down a more powerful flip than when they started. The dust went higher up on Fumu, but didn't get in her face. She could guess some got in her ponytail, however. She made note to change her hair style for training from now on. The dust did out-do the smaller Star Warrior, but Kirby was great about shaking it off.

"That was much better! Do you want to see how far we can make it, now?" she asked walking up to him. "We?" he repeated getting up. "Yep! Just like before, but not accidentally this time," she said pointing over to a renewed Wind Kirby. "POYO!" Kirby cheered. "This time Kirby going to carry us on it's wind insist of us riding the canyon wind." Kirby directed a soft wind attack at them and Meta reflexively took hold of the young lady and adjusted his wings to glide. Kirby made the adjustment to send them up into the air over Kabu and the canyon. Fumu looked around when they were up at an as-steady-as-you-can-get-given-the-situation pace and took a look around. "Whoa..." she said in awe of the beautiful view. Kirby sent them on a better aided glide than before, and at same point Meta Knight decided to flap his wings on his own. "Wind Kirby might be about to wear out. Ready to go back down?" she asked looking up in Meta's direction. The knight honestly didn't want this time to end, but given the time of day it was heading into it would be best to end this training session. He didn't want to explain being tired or sore to anyone around the castle, either. He silently landed them back to the grounds giving a final flap to soften the rather harsh landing. He converted his wings back to his cape, but wasn't so quick to wrap himself up in betrayal of his normal habit.

"One last drink before we head over to Kawasaki?" she said pulling the water out of her pack. Meta didn't know what to cringe harder at between the idea of Kawasaki's cooking and the water, but nodded before drinking some more of the nasty water. "You don't want to make lunch at the castle?" He couldn't help but ask to be able to avoid the restaurant. "We can if you want to, but I have to check in for work," she answered as she started walking with the pack open. "Why do you work there?" he inquired. "Some times he strikes gold with a new idea and things get busy for a while. Everyone else has other things to do, so I help," she replied. He moved from behind to next to her while having more pleasant thoughts in his head. The idea of Fumu is a cute server dress reminded him of the better times in his traveling as a solider. He blushed as he pushed more advancing thoughts out of his head.

They walked into Kawasaki's and as Fumu predicted there was a decent lunch crowd inside. "Welcome!" the happy chef said coming into view from the back. "Oh, good morning Sir Meta Knight. You're a rare sight to see in here!" he pointed out with big dopey smile. Meta just silently looked off to the side. "I came to let you know I'll be here for the dinner shift, but do you need me now?" she asked looking around. "An extra pair wouldn't hurt," he answered with a nod. "Poyo!" came from Kirby making it clear it wanted to help, too. "Oh, you too, Kirby? That's fine with me!" "Well, Sir Meta Knight and I can head back to the castle. I'll come back ready to work at dinner. Have fun, Kirby!" she said and much to Meta's relief, he and Fumu left the eatery.

"I would much rather have some more of you great cooking than Kawasaki's food," Fumu said after a moment of silence. "While we're out we can get some ingredients for whatever you would like me to make for you," he replied in a rare careless tone. Fumu looked down at him smiling, feeling that he was more comfortable with her. He was already putting a lot trust into her with a very important secret, so that had the chance of opening up more doors. There was still the matter of being comfortable around her, however. "Ok," she said as they walked into the store, and she fished out her wallet. "Everyone might still be at home when we get back, so we won't be able to use the kitchen." "We'll use Dedede's kitchen. I'll dismiss the Waddle's for break," he replied. He was able to be alone in a very private place with Fumu. The mere thought made his heart beat more intense but now it was about to happen! He covered face was getting more red from the time they left Kirby at the eatery until now. He was glad his face was covered, but the heat was reflecting on his metal mask making his face hotter.

When they got back home he released the Waddle guards so they could set up the area and began cooking alongside each other. Meta Knight wiped up the stir fry noodles with a mix of sweet and tangy ingredients. Fumu put together a chef salad with some quick-cook turkey and chicken pieces. Meta Knight didn't feel nervous while cooking with her, as it was something he lost himself in. But, when the magic of being distracted by cooking was over he had to return to his strange feelings for the Popstarain. He was able to calmly clean and set the table, and she set the food on it down before they sat down across from each other. She took the first bite, as she didn't have a mask in her way before eating. "Hmm! Another get dish, Sir Meta Knight!"

"T- Thank you, Fumu. The salad you made is well done, as well." Meta Knight was overjoyed to be praised by Fumu 2 days in a row. He was also spending more time with her 2 days in a row! He doubted they would have a 3rd day, as he would need to resume his castle so not to be questioned about anything. Fumu continued to eat until it was noticed there was nothing to drink. "Oh!" She got up and pulled out grape soda and some cups for them. "Do you like grape soda? The other options are milk, and water." Meta looked up to her slowly with his thoughts still sitting on his mind.  "Yes, please," he answered in a low tone. "Sir Meta Knight, is something wrong?" she asked as she poured the soda. "It's nothing, Fumu," he replied. "I'm asking because you've been having alot of pauses, and acting a little out of character. I just supposed something very serious is on your mind," she explained, then brought over their drinks. "I'm not going to push you to tell me. I just want you to know you can talk to me about it. Even if I don't understand, I'll listen." Meta turned slightly and fought the urge to let out some sort of sound that would give off his mood. "Just immediate concerns, that's all." "Don't be so worried. You made a lot of progress today!" "I mean my duties. We won't be able to train again for a while." "Oh, right. I saw that coming. I'm sure someone has some trouble for me to get into, as well. I could do work for Kawasaki while he's having his boom, if I get bored." She shrugged, and drank some soda.

Meta nodded and continued to eat, and they both agreed that being quiet would be best right now. When they finished Fumu cleared the table and just put the dishes in the sink as the Waddle guards returned with Capt. Waddle Doo. "Excuse me, but it's time to make something for King Dedede," he informed them. "You're right on time. We're just finishing up," Fumu said looking over to them with a smile. "We'll take care of the dishes. You'll have to get out of our way," he informed them. "Right." Fumu grabbed her pack before they left the kitchen area. "Well, I have to clean up and get ready for work. You let me know when you have time to continue!" she scampered off to get cleaned up and head out, and the castle guards watched her leave wordlessly. "She's cheery, today," Doo commented to himself.