Kirby: Right Back At Ya! Fan Fiction ❯ Not a Self Help (Help Me Help You) ❯ If it ain't one war, it's another... ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was a few more weeks and a few more demon beast attacks before the feeling of the final battle was drawing near. At long last, Meta Knight would see the end of the war! He knew if he left things the way they were with Fumu there would be a new war, if he lived to see the end of this one. Unfortunately, he called it too late. The fight had broken out, everything was in chaos, and even the village had been reduced to less than ashes and its people were in dismay. He had to go through with his role, which was ultimately getting everyone he could into space to fight Nightmare.

While everyone else was going about checking out the ship, Fumu, Sword, Blade, and Meta Knight were in the piloting room. Meta Knight was his usual quiet self —“Sword, Blade. Please do some rounds on the ship. Make sure everyone’s safe.” They looked up to him surprised that he spoke like that, but nodded with a “Yes, Sir Meta Knight,” and left the 2 alone.

It had dawned on him that he may fall in the battle like most of his comrades. If he couldn’t do this for her, he had to do it for himself. He turned to Fumu, letting go of his cape as he walked towards the brave female. He paused before he slowly lifted his mask from his face. "Fumu..." he whispered as he took her hands into his, gently. "It'll be ok, Meta. You and Kirby will defeat Nightmare once and for all," she said cheerfully. "It's not just about that. If we --" Fumu bent down and put their lips together. The blue puffball was too shocked to move or continue with what he was saying. "No one's perfect. Everything will be ok," the young lady said after she pulled away looking into the knight's milky white eyes. Everything will be ok.

END!