Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ But I Don't Like Boys? ❯ Therefore, Punishment ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

But I Don't Like Boys?
 
Disclaimer: Kyou Kara Maou and all its characters belong to Tomo Takabayashi. You know the drill.
 
Warnings/Spoilers: This does take place after the end of the anime series, but as of right now, there's not too much in the way of spoilers. This is a boy/boy love story, and therefore, two guys will be involved in a relationship together. If this isn't your cup of tea, I suggest you find another story... Also, rating may or may not go up in later chapters.
 
Author yapping: This story is also posted on Fanfiction.net.
 
 
-o-o-
 
Chapter 3: Therefore, Punishment
 
“Wha-" Yuri stood up from his desk. “What did you say?”
 
Wolfram took a step forward, his face an unreadable mask. “You heard me. I want you all to take witness,” he swept his hand across the room, “that I renounce my engagement to Yuri Shibuya at this time today.”
 
Yuri fell back into his chair with a heavy sigh. “This has got to be some kind of joke.”
 
“Um, Your Majesty.” Conrad tapped Yuri on the shoulder. “He left.”
 
“What?!” Yuri quickly looked up, staring at the spot Wolfram had been standing in only moments before. “Ah, geez.” He stood up and looked to Gwendel. “Excuse me for a moment.”
 
Gwendel nodded and watched as Yuri ran out of the room.
 
-o-o-
 
“Wolfram!”
 
Wolfram continued to walk down the hall, not heeding Yuri's calls behind him.
 
“Hey, Wolfram! I said wait up!” Yuri had nearly caught up to him when Wolfram turned the corner. He took a slight increase in his walking speed and nearly collided with the blonde around the corner. Yuri jumped back, aware of their sudden closeness.
 
“What, Your Majesty?” Wolfram annoyedly put his hands on his hips.
 
Yuri stuttered for a moment, caught with his defenses down.
 
Wolfram turned to leave. “God, you're such a wimp. If you can't even speak up-" He stopped short when Yuri roughly grabbed his arm. When he faced Yuri again, he wasn't looking into large and forgiving eyes. These were the hard slits of Yuri in Maou-mode. “Yuri…”
 
“I will not endure anymore of this sulking from you.” Yuri's voice was edge with bitterness. “I do not wish to cause you pain, but I will have no choice if you do not tell me what your reason is for breaking our engagement.”
 
“I-" Wolfram stood frozen in his spot.
 
“Speak!” Maou-mode Yuri bellowed. His longer black hair began to move upwards by some unfelt wind.
 
“Ioverheardwhatyousaidtoyourmom!” Wolfram quickly blurted out, his eyes squeezed shut to avoid that angry glare. The hand holding his arm loosened.
 
“Then you clearly didn't listen long enough to know what was really going on.”
 
Wolfram opened his eyes. “What?”
 
Yuri's eyebrows took on an angry line. “Therefore, punishment.” His hand slapped across Wolfram's face with such force that it left an imprint of the characters for `justice' on his left cheek, brandished by the stamp in Yuri's palm. “You shall remain as my fiancé. It is intolerable that you are so quick to give up on your love.”
 
Wolfram felt tears welling in his eyes from the sharp pain in his cheek and a little from Yuri's suddenly willingness to stay his fiancé. But why?
 
“Also, I punish myself,” despite Yuri's constantly stiff expression in his Maou-mode, his eyes seemed to soften a little, “for causing you pain, Wolfram. This weekend, you will set up a date proper to this land. If, after that date, I cannot see the good in being with you, I will nullify this second engagement.”
 
Wolfram nodded, although confused at the sudden change of heart.
 
Maou-mode Yuri closed his eyes and smiled. His hair shortened and his knees buckled slightly. Wolfram stepped forward to keep Yuri from falling as he returned to normal. Yuri blinked and looked up at Wolfram. “Aa!” He stood straight up, gawking at Wolfram's left cheek. “I proposed again?!”
 
Wolfram threw his arms in the air. “You say it like it's a bad thing!” He crossed his arms in front of his chest. “I should have known that this wasn't going to work out. I should just get it over with and renounce this damn thing again.”
 
“Wait.” Yuri reached out and touched Wolfram's reddening cheek. “My Maou-mode was right, I think. I'm not sure what I said then, but I did make a promise to my mother that I would try to, uh, give you a chance.”
 
Wolfram let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. “Is that what the rest of the conversation was about? After you said that you didn't like me, that it was stupid… I left. I couldn't bear to hear what else you had to say.”
 
“That's what you get for not ease-dropping longer?” Yuri shrugged.
 
“I thought giving you space would be for the best, but you never came to me-"
 
“I didn't have the time!” Yuri interrupted.
 
“You didn't even try.” Wolfram lowered his eyes.
 
Yuri nervously ruffled through his black hair. “I'm trying now, aren't I?” He smiled. “Besides, I told everyone that I was going to take the weekend off. I had hoped to talk with you then.”
 
“Oh, that's why…”
 
“That's why, what?” Yuri dropped his hand.
 
Wolfram grinned. “You'll see.” And he ran off down the corridor.
 
“I'll see, what?” Yuri yelled after him.
 
-o-o-
 
End Chapter 3
Just remember that Yuri can't ever recall what happens while he's in Maou-mode, and that last bit might make a little more sense as to why Yuri's confused. Oh, and I tried so desperately to squeeze in the 'justice' thing because the Maou-mode Yuri amuses me to no end.
Next chapter gives us some father-daughter time as Yuri has to wait out Friday to get to the weekend. Don't worry, we'll get to the date soon enough.
Read and review, please!