Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ But I Don't Like Boys? ❯ Ignorance Isn’t So Blissful ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

But I Don't Like Boys?
 
Disclaimer: Kyou Kara Maou and all its characters belong to Tomo Takabayashi. You know the drill.
 
Warnings/Spoilers: This does take place after the end of the anime series, but as of right now, there's not too much in the way of spoilers. This is a boy/boy love story, and therefore, two guys will be involved in a relationship together. If this isn't your cup of tea, I suggest you find another story... Also, rating may or may not go up in later chapters.
 
Author yapping: Same as the first chapter. I am trying to stay in character as much as I can. If anyone sees anything wrong, let me know!
 
-o-o-
 
Chapter 2: Ignorance Isn't So Blissful
 
The few days that had passed after retuning to Shin Makoku seemed like an eternity to Yuri. Most of his time had been spent studying with Gunter, practicing sword techniques with Conrad, dealing with kingdom's continual problems, or studying for school back on Earth. What little free time he did have, he usually just slept. Now with Soushu out of the way, the Maou couldn't find any excuses to break away and rescue someone in distress or find a mystical item. Shin Makoku had become a rather dull place.
 
Poor Greta, his young adopted daughter, couldn't give him the energy to play with her, not even for catch. And in all this time, Yuri did take not that Wolfram was only to be seen during meals. The spoiled blonde hadn't complained to Gunter or Conrad about taking all of Yuri's time. Wolfram wasn't even bickering to sleep with him at night.
 
Sure, Yuri didn't have the time or vigor to deal with Wolfram, but it still made him a little lonely. Perhaps Wolfram was keeping Greta company while Yuri was busy. The certainly seemed to get along well.
 
Stranger than not seeing Wolfram very much, was the times that he did see him. Wolfram always seemed quick to turn the other way or break eye contact. At meals, Wolfram's greetings were quick and to the point. It somehow unnerved Yuri to see him not trying to catch his fiancé's attention.
 
-o-o-
 
“Hey, Gunter.” Yuri looked up from the large book on the table in front of him.
 
Gunter turned at his name, pausing from pulling an even larger book from the shelf. “Yes, Your Majesty?”
 
Yuri blanched at the thought of having to read something more. “Gunter, can I have the weekend off? I haven't gotten much sleep lately, nor had time to play with Greta.”
 
Gunter nodded. “I'm sorry I have taken all your time, Your Majesty. You have been progressing very well. If you'd like to take a break, I understand.” He tucked a strand of long silver hair behind his ear. “Perhaps this would be a good opportunity to talk with your fiancé.”
 
Yuri sighed. “You noticed, too?”
 
The silver-haired mazoku put the large book back into the bookshelf and sat in the chair next to Yuri. “He seems distant and not just from you, Your Majesty. No one can get anything out of him.”
 
“Really? I thought it was just me was ignoring.” Yuri dropped his head into his hands, his elbows digging into the table. “Why does Wolfram have to be so difficult?”
 
-o-o-
 
“No more papers…” Yuri whined into the desk.
 
Conrad grabbed a paper from the small stack to Yuri's left and looked it over. “You don't have many more to sign, Your Majesty. See? You're almost done.”
 
“No more…” Yuri whined again, his eyelids feeling heavy.
 
Gwendel took the paper from Conrad. “If His Majesty is tired, he can wait until tomorrow to complete them. But of course, there will just be more for him to sign then.”
 
Conrad gave Yuri a sympathetic look.
 
Yuri snatched the paper from Gwendel's hands. “Fine.” He scribbled his name once in Japanese and again in Shin Makoku's writing. “I'll do half of the rest.” He roughly scribbled on the next paper. “But I'm taking the weekend off.”
 
Conrad barely got out, “Seems fair enough,” when the door suddenly swung open, and Wolfram stepped into the room.
 
“Wolfram,” Yuri said happily to his surprise, “is there something-"
 
“I want to renounce our engagement,” Wolfram declared, his arms crossed over his chest.
 
-o-o-
 
End chapter 2
 
Wow, this one was really short, but it seemed like a good spot to end a chapter and leave you hanging on the edge for more.
 
Read and review, please!